PDA

View Full Version : 8800 GTX Bios Flashing

Shocky
04-27-07, 04:03 PM
Hi, I'd like to flash my XFX 8800 GTX (standard GTX 6 months old, not the XXX version) to use my overclocked settings. I run 650/1008 with shaderclock of 1512. I don't need fancontrol as I'm using a HR-03 Plus.

Where do I start here? do I backup up the bios and edit them or download a bios from elsewhere? What software do I need here ?

rombat
04-27-07, 04:15 PM
Hi Shocky, here is a great site that explains how to flash and edit your video bios plus it has most of the major brand video card bioses for download and tools for editing your bios.

http://www.mvktech.net/

Just a warning save your bios before you go editing it or flashing it to another bios. Plus keep a extra card laying around just in case you mess up your video card.

Shocky
04-27-07, 04:18 PM
I don't have another PCIe card. :/

rombat
04-27-07, 04:33 PM
Do you have any old pci video card laying around you can use that one, but if your brave you can just go ahead and flash your pcie video card and pray to the tech gods that it goes ok! :D You dont really need a backup video card it just a fail safe if some thing does go wrong you can at least pop the other video card so you can see what you are doing and reload your old bios back on your video card. I have seen some users flash video bios blind when they mess up their video card.

Shocky
04-27-07, 04:38 PM
I think i'll pass, it isnt worth the risk. Thanks anyway. :)

rombat
04-27-07, 04:57 PM
You can always use Ntune or Rivatuner to overclock your video card's gpu and memory.

Shocky
04-27-07, 05:53 PM
You can always use Ntune or Rivatuner to overclock your video card's gpu and memory.

Yeah, I know. Thats how I know the card can do 650/2000.

rombat
04-27-07, 08:17 PM
By the way Shocky, nice overclocking of your cards, I haven't fooled around with over clocking my two Evga 8800 GTX, yet. ;)