PDA

View Full Version : G5 Refresh Owners

Lfctony
04-28-07, 03:00 AM
Hey guys. Just hooked up my new G5, set it up. No weights used or anything and it's a good mouse. I only have one gripe with it, and I don't know if it's only my mouse or all G5 Refresh mice have what I consider to be a problem.

The forward button(the one the original G5 doesn't have, but the MX500/510/518 have) is too soft. I mean you can't really tell if you've pushed it or not, as it doesn't have that clicking sound letting you know that it has been pushed. You just push it, and it feels a bit weird. The back button works fine.

Am I just seeing dead people?

Tony.

DRen72
04-28-07, 11:54 AM
Thats the main reason I did not pick one of these up. I tried it in the store (Best Buy) and did not care for the soft button feel.

Updated 5/1/2007: Ok, I went ahead and picked one up since I'll be needing a second mouse soon anyway (building 2nd rig for the GF). Well, I've been sitting here with it for about an hour now and so far its not bad. The surface texture is weird, but it will have to grow on me. Seems to have a lot of customization options. Soft buttons are not my preferred feel, but it does work well.