PDA

View Full Version : NVIDIA GPU Bios settings lots of Questions?

Digital_Trans
04-28-07, 04:13 AM
I own the Asus Striker Extreme Motherboard and would lilke to know what should be inabeled or disabled for the NVIDIA GPU feature inside the bios of the motherboard which allows the follow.......

1.) SLI Broadcast Aperture, what is it's purpose? Inable or Disable?

2.) NVIDIA GPU-EX, what is it's purpose? Inable or Disable?

3.) SLI-Ready Memory, what is it's purpose? Inable or Disable?

ATOJAR
04-28-07, 06:56 PM
1) SLI Broadcast Aperture should always be set to "on" or "auto" when the choice is offered in the system BIOS. Some motherboards enable this feature automatically and some do not. The bottom line is that, when enabled, this feature improves SLI communication and can provide a performance benefit in many gaming applications.

2) yes, turn it on its optimistions for the card!

3)Enable, SLI-Ready system memory certification ensures compatibility and system stability with the rest of the SLI ecosystem components including NVIDIA nForce SLI motherboards, NVIDIA GeForce GPUs, and SLI-Ready power supplies. SLI-Ready memory also supports Enhanced Performance Profiles (EPP). When paired with NVIDIA nForce 680i SLI, 680i LT SLI or 590 SLI AMD edition-based motherboards, SLI-Ready memory exposes advanced performance memory settings.

Only memory that pass NVIDIA SLI certification can be called "NVIDIA SLI-Ready certified." Be sure to look for the NVIDIA SLI-Ready badge when you buy your system memory.

Digital_Trans
04-28-07, 10:58 PM
1) SLI Broadcast Aperture should always be set to "on" or "auto" when the choice is offered in the system BIOS. Some motherboards enable this feature automatically and some do not. The bottom line is that, when enabled, this feature improves SLI communication and can provide a performance benefit in many gaming applications.

2) yes, turn it on its optimistions for the card!

3)Enable, SLI-Ready system memory certification ensures compatibility and system stability with the rest of the SLI ecosystem components including NVIDIA nForce SLI motherboards, NVIDIA GeForce GPUs, and SLI-Ready power supplies. SLI-Ready memory also supports Enhanced Performance Profiles (EPP). When paired with NVIDIA nForce 680i SLI, 680i LT SLI or 590 SLI AMD edition-based motherboards, SLI-Ready memory exposes advanced performance memory settings.

Only memory that pass NVIDIA SLI certification can be called "NVIDIA SLI-Ready certified." Be sure to look for the NVIDIA SLI-Ready badge when you buy your system memory.

-YOU'RE AWESOME! I will inable all of those features in the system bios.
I'm glad I can inable my single EVGA 8800 GTX KO Edition card and get all of those benefits even without SLI!