PDA

View Full Version : Vista not seeing my X-FI card

Arioch
04-28-07, 10:17 PM
I upgraded from XP to Vista Ultimate 32-bit and Vista does not see that I have a X-Fi card installed. I ran the Vista drivers but that isn't helping anyway as the OS still doesn't think I have a soundcard installed apparently.

Anyone know a way to fix this?

$n][pErMan
04-28-07, 10:36 PM
have you tried a different PCI slot?

nekrosoft13
04-28-07, 10:53 PM
is it in device manager

Arioch
04-28-07, 10:55 PM
No, its not showing up at all in device manager. I cannot move it anywhere because it is wedged between my SLI cards.

nekrosoft13
04-28-07, 11:20 PM
then remove one of the pci-e cards, move the x-fi just to test if the card works.

there is no reason for vista not to see it

Amuro
04-28-07, 11:38 PM
You tried reseating the card?

Arioch
04-29-07, 07:01 AM
Well after several attempts to get Vista to see the card I reverted my HD back to XP with Norton Ghost and decided to partition the hard drive to do a clean install of Vista. Now I got my X-Fi to show up after installing the Vista drivers so maybe updating from XP did not work properly.

Now I am trying to figure out why my score in 3DMark06 is so slow. Even with SLI enabled in the control panel I get under 11K where I was getting 15K+ before in XP. I understand that XP may be a bit slower but that score tells me something is wrong.

rombat
05-02-07, 11:03 AM
Now I am trying to figure out why my score in 3DMark06 is so slow. Even with SLI enabled in the control panel I get under 11K where I was getting 15K+ before in XP. I understand that XP may be a bit slower but that score tells me something is wrong.

Hmmm, I do believe if you are running 3DMark06 under Vista it is going to be little slower than running under XP (should be fixed when new version of 3DMark that is made to run under Vista comes out). If you enable sli under Vista it is really going to lower your score. Sli support still needs some IMPROVEMENT with the current Vista drivers; hopefully Nvidia will improve performance comparable to using sli under XP.