PDA

View Full Version : Goat of War II

H3avyM3tal
04-30-07, 05:03 AM
http://neowin.net/index.php?act=view&id=39881

http://www.mailonsunday.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=451414&in_page_id=1770&ct=5

Looks like sony went a "little" overboard for GoW2 launch party ^^;

Toss3
04-30-07, 07:36 AM
Holy crap that's disgusting! :eek: Sony's PR team should be sacked for doing something like this... Or maybe they could kill them and we could all reach inside their intestants?... :eek2:

nekrosoft13
04-30-07, 07:41 AM
WTF, that can't be real :|

no, company on the planet could be this stupid?? or could they :|

Namrok
04-30-07, 08:06 AM
So apparently the part was 2 months ago, the goat was slaughtered by a butcher, and returned to him, and the "entrails" were just meat soup, and nobody touched the goat.

Then the writer decided to "spice" it up a bit in the article for the magazine.

Oops.

Still pretty stupid, just not so horrifically stupid as it seemed at first.

russ_3d
04-30-07, 08:50 AM
The article, based on a Sony Press release, shows more vivid pictures from the event under headlines such as Topless Girls! and Flesh Eating?

"How about eating still warm intestines uncoiled from the carcass of a freshly slaughtered goat? At the party to celebrate God Of War II’s European release, members of the Press were invited to do just that . . ."

oh noes nekkid girls and eating animals, shock horror.

like we never encounter those irl do we :headexplode: the press just shove a headline there and some people automatically think its 'bad' without realising that they do the very same thing every day of their life... albeit the meat has been farmed en mass and packaged into bite-size pieces.

|MaguS|
04-30-07, 08:56 AM
Wait... people are more pissed at the PR Stunt when the content of the game is far worse? pfft ok...

PR stunt is working though... I mean everyone is talking about this controversial stunt, lol.

Camp0rz
04-30-07, 10:45 AM
Awesome, I love dead animals.

and eating them too.

NaitoSan
04-30-07, 11:11 AM
Wow that's kinda not cool in some way. Something like that, it's a bit too extreme. Topless girls are fine but animal, especially real dead goat... hmm. It'd be different they used fake goat with fake blood.

Lyme
04-30-07, 03:16 PM
The ok:
-Chick in bodypaint.
-Dead goat with chest cavity spread open.
-Heated entrails from another goat stuffed in ^ said goat.
-Party goers being asked to reach inside and eat some.

Which leaves the not ok:
-Burly man in goat skin.
-Sony's clueless PR people.

nemecb
04-30-07, 05:21 PM
Okay, whether you think this was acceptable or not, how did this ever seem like a good idea? They had to know that a large number of people were going to freak out about this.

I anxiously await the next stupid thing that Sony's PR will come up with. Kind of like how I wait for that next gem from kevpla.:rolleyes:

russ_3d
05-01-07, 10:08 AM
People were pulling live snakes out of a pit with their BARE HANDS!!!

omg - its obviously witchcraft isnt it. LIVE SNAMKES + PITS + BARE HANDS = teh WITCHCRAFT!

ENU291
05-01-07, 10:14 AM
Another black eye for Sony's PR machine! Will the hurt ever stop?

ViN86
05-01-07, 10:07 PM
:rofl

thats crazy!

ASUSEN7900GTX
05-02-07, 01:58 PM
well Sony mad a real stupid thing and who wantīs a PS3 after that what are they gonna do when they promote a new vilonet game.....i donīt dare to thinkof it

marqmajere
05-03-07, 12:33 AM
Another black eye for Sony's PR machine! Will the hurt ever stop?

Black eye!? I want this game more than ever now!! :)