PDA

View Full Version : Newegg ripping off Xbox 360 customers

Dr.Nick
05-01-07, 12:16 PM
Hey guys, last week I purchased two GoW Xbox 360 (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16874100004) bundles and the packaging list on newegg clearly stated that it came with PGR3 and GoW, somewhat justifying it's $499 price. However, when I received my order there were no PGR3 games with either of the consoles. When I called them up to complain they told me to wait for a response from their warehouse; however today they have removed PGR3 from the packaging list and are pretty much ripping people off by selling the $399 console with Gears of War for $499!!! How the hell can they do this when you can buy both off their website for $453!?

In short this is a heads up that Newegg is no longer the egg we have known and love and instead it has become just another place where people get ripped off by false advertising. Watch what you buy there

MustangSVT
05-01-07, 12:41 PM
What kind of deal is that anyway? A deal would be getting 360 Premium with PGR3 and GoW for $399.

Dr.Nick
05-01-07, 12:53 PM
Yea, if I purchased them separately it would have cost me about $480(including both games priced off their website). It seems that they have made the deal even sweeter by removing PGR3 and selling the $399 console and a $53 GoW game for only $511. At least they are nice enough to make it better by dropping it to $499:fu:

Mr. Hunt
05-01-07, 12:54 PM
Ummm... wow.

evilchris
05-01-07, 01:00 PM
newegg sucks. I have no idea why people use that site.

Mr. Hunt
05-01-07, 01:14 PM
They USED to be good and have good deals... I haven't bought from them in quite some time though.

Tr1cK
05-01-07, 01:18 PM
I've noticed they have been somewhat shady with rebates lately. Basically, if you want something with a rebate on it from them, print the rebate when you order the items. I've found that the dates on some of them change rather quickly. Heck, I've even had to edit the html pages from the invoices to change the dates to get my rebates I deserved. By the time the items got to me, the rebates dates had changed, and this is with the 3-4 day shipping. Total BS.

stncttr908
05-01-07, 01:38 PM
newegg sucks. I have no idea why people use that site.
I'm pretty sure it has something to do with having the best selection and service around, but that's just me.

Ninjaman09
05-01-07, 01:46 PM
I'm pretty sure it has something to do with having the best selection and service around, but that's just me.
Could be. :)

This is pretty bizarre, I'm surprised you got blown off like that by their customer support, normally they're very responsive and helpful.

Dr.Nick
05-01-07, 01:53 PM
Just got off the phone with them again and after talking to the one lady without an attitude they seem to have made things right for me. There's a new order with my two games and two wireless controllers.
Still, I let them know that their bundles are a complete ripoff regardless of how they have treated me. I feel bad for anyone that falls for those...

evilchris
05-01-07, 02:01 PM
Any drop ship company has the "best selection"

ENU291
05-01-07, 02:05 PM
The only reason I use Newegg is because I have a business account with them and I get most items that I order the next day for a 3 day delivery price (NJ warehouse). I have to admit though that Newegg has fallen off as of late...

Medion
05-01-07, 05:07 PM
Newegg has been going downhill for awhile. Here's an easy way to fix the problem. Call them back, tell them that they owe you the game that they advertised and you paid for. Tell them that if you do not get your game, you will issue a charge back on your credit card. If they refuse:

Call the 1-800 number on your credit card. Issue a charge back on that purchase (have the date, vendor, and amount handy for the operator). You will get ALL of your money back, and Newegg will close your account with them. Just open another.

I had to do this a few months ago because they shafted me and wouldn't fix the issue. I ended up getting a free, but defective, video card. Bastards wouldn't let return/exchange it per their policy. I paid for 1-day shipping, took a week to get to me. Then, they wanted me to pay to have it shipped back to them, pay to have the new card shipped to me, and pay a 15% restocking fee. Newegg has REALLY fallen.

Dr.Nick
05-01-07, 05:51 PM
I did have to threaten to do that but after being transfered to someone that seemed to have actually gotten laid in the past decade, I could finally have a meaningful conversation. I explained everything and they promptly made a new order for the missing items and even through in some nice extras to make up for my troubles. Companies have to understand that people with attitudes should not answer the phones and that they should treat customers who use "please" and "thank you" for every other word with the same respect that they are shown.

kevJ420
05-01-07, 06:02 PM
Newegg has been going downhill for awhile. Here's an easy way to fix the problem. Call them back, tell them that they owe you the game that they advertised and you paid for. Tell them that if you do not get your game, you will issue a charge back on your credit card. If they refuse:

Call the 1-800 number on your credit card. Issue a charge back on that purchase (have the date, vendor, and amount handy for the operator). You will get ALL of your money back, and Newegg will close your account with them. Just open another.

I had to do this a few months ago because they shafted me and wouldn't fix the issue. I ended up getting a free, but defective, video card. Bastards wouldn't let return/exchange it per their policy. I paid for 1-day shipping, took a week to get to me. Then, they wanted me to pay to have it shipped back to them, pay to have the new card shipped to me, and pay a 15% restocking fee. Newegg has REALLY fallen.

This isn't really all that new to me, but I agree that they can be pretty damn strict on return policies. Way too strict. They haven't let me return a lot of things I never opened w/o paying a lot of money and sometimes, I just had to lose even more money and sell things on ebay. One thing that newegg should do most all (I think), is give the true specs or simply no specs or allow a request of a certain model or simply not sell the bad models, but that's also the panel maker's fault, so 2 parties are responsible and then you have serious trouble. I've spent ~ $800 in restocking fees to newegg plus had to pay for shipping and the items were never opened and were like they were when they arrived from the fed-x/ups.

However, if the money is available I would pay the credit card company a tip or give them a gift or something. Doesn't have to be majorly expensive, just a tip.

S.I.N
05-01-07, 06:21 PM
This isn't really all that new to me, but I agree that they can be pretty damn strict on return policies. Way too strict. They haven't let me return a lot of things I never opened w/o paying a lot of money and sometimes, I just had to lose even more money and sell things on ebay. One thing that newegg should do most all (I think), is give the true specs or simply no specs or allow a request of a certain model or simply not sell the bad models, but that's also the panel maker's fault, so 2 parties are responsible and then you have serious trouble. I've spent ~ $800 in restocking fees to newegg plus had to pay for shipping and the items were never opened and were like they were when they arrived from the fed-x/ups.

However, if the money is available I would pay the credit card company a tip or give them a gift or something. Doesn't have to be majorly expensive, just a tip.

$800 in restocking fees? The problem is you. Stop ordering so much **** if your going to return them.

Medion
05-02-07, 03:55 AM

I started reading this post, realized that the poster sounded like a complete moron, and then looked to the left. Nope, not surprised one bit at who the poster is.

My return had nothing to do with an unopened product. It was DOA (dead on arrival). They tried to screw me, I screwed them back harder.