PDA

View Full Version : best bang for buck lcd atm?

russ_3d
05-01-07, 04:38 PM
im building my ex a computer (she wants it for graphic design and stuff)

im looking into monitors, but know nothing about lcd's (crt man) so what should i look at? id love to get her a widescreen but they are quite expensive, she wont want to spend 500+ on a monitor, what sort of sweet spot shall i aim for?

she doesnt game that much, but a nice size would be good, and good picture quality.. what ms does ghosting generally go away at?>

thanks

*edit* something the cheap end of the market would be good, 20" widescreen or somesuch

J-Mag
05-01-07, 04:47 PM
If she's using it for graphic design, ghosting shouldn't be a major worry.

I just got a 2407 in at my office and I really like it for "work". Usually dell has the best deals on their panels and if you think 20in widescreen is enough then:
http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/productdetail.aspx?c=us&l=en&s=dhs&cs=19&sku=320-4688

crainger
05-01-07, 04:53 PM
Something cheap?

You can get the Chimei monitors cheap. Their panels can also be found in Acer's, Viewsonics, ASUS. I picked up a ChiMei 22" Widescreen for $500AUD. Only has DVI and VGA, but it's been a great little monitor.

russ_3d
05-01-07, 04:54 PM
they seem to be fairly staple those dells, dont they.

she likes animation and stuff too, as far as the ghosting thing..

id just hate for her to be dissapointed after using my diamond pro if hers ghosts a lot

J-Mag
05-01-07, 04:55 PM
. Only has DVI and VGA, but it's been a great little monitor.

I love how we call 22in little ;)

Anyway wouldn't you call them 563.88cm monitors over there?

id just hate for her to be dissapointed after using my diamond pro if hers ghosts a lot

Oh I see now, it's like when Homer bought Marge a bowling ball. You are actually getting the monitor for you, huh? Sneaky bastard... ;)

Edit: Wait you are doing this for an EX? (concept does not compute)

Peoples-Agent
05-04-07, 07:03 PM
Why bother trying to appease an "ex" to start with, get rid of her ass and make her build her own damn PC.