PDA

View Full Version : First Virtua Fighter 5 360 screens

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

kaltek
05-02-07, 06:29 AM
http://www.thatxbox360blog.com/2007/05/02/first-virtua-fighter-5-screenshots/

I remember playing VF2 on the PC a looong time ago. It seriously rocked so I'm really looking forward to this.

Arioch
05-02-07, 06:35 AM
It looks fantastic on the PS3 so I expect the same on the 360.

sytaylor
05-02-07, 06:58 AM
My friend and I often take a few beers and go hang in HMV (the music store) where they have a 72" screen and a PS3 with VF5. Kids walk up and do that "how long are you gonna be" thing. We punch them in the face.

PeterJensen
05-02-07, 07:00 AM
My friend and I often take a few beers and go hang in HMV (the music store) where they have a 72" screen and a PS3 with VF5. Kids walk up and do that "how long are you gonna be" thing. We punch them in the face.

lol :captnkill:

|MaguS|
05-02-07, 07:42 AM
Game is great... but for some reason the "gloss" of the game seems to be lost, maybe because we don't see el blaze in any of the shots but usually all the characters have this sweaty look.

This game will also be a test to see if its true if PS3 to X360 ports are closer to being alike then X360 to everything else ports which usually end up like ass.

ENU291
05-02-07, 07:44 AM
:eek: :cry:

:rofl

|MaguS|
05-02-07, 07:55 AM
I know this is gonna sound bad but I just noticed, Why does it looks slightly blurry the game? All the shots have a slight blur. Is it due to the method that the X360 applies AA?

ENU291
05-02-07, 08:14 AM
I wouldn't assume to much from looking at just 3 screen shots. IMO at this point the graphics look pretty similar. Hopefully the game will turn out great!

|MaguS|
05-02-07, 08:47 AM
I wouldn't assume to much from looking at just 3 screen shots. IMO at this point the graphics look pretty similar. Hopefully the game will turn out great!

I know its probably these shots, just like the recent Assasins Creed shots that had a blue tint when the game doesnt. Just weird and makes the game look worse.

LurkerLito
05-02-07, 08:52 AM
I don't know how people will be able to play this game well on the 360. The dpad on the 360 controller is just horrible. If you plan on picking up this game you might want to look for a 3rd party controller with a good dpad or a stick because the controls and timing are just so tight.

|MaguS|
05-02-07, 08:59 AM
The PS3 pad isn't all that great either, better then the X360 but not great. An arcade stick is still the best way to go.

sytaylor
05-02-07, 09:39 AM
I don't know how people will be able to play this game well on the 360. The dpad on the 360 controller is just horrible. If you plan on picking up this game you might want to look for a 3rd party controller with a good dpad or a stick because the controls and timing are just so tight.

Will kill children for a decent 6 face button 3rd party controller for the 360. On an unrelated note, I got VF3 working on MAME today. Looks odd, and is kinda slow, but I still enjoyed every second. Why is emulation more exciting when its crap? Its like skateboarding, I only usually watch for the bails.

Lyme
05-02-07, 10:48 AM

If you ever punched my kid in the face I'd be more than happy to take a 2x4 to the back of your head. :)

Lyme
05-02-07, 10:49 AM
The PS3 pad isn't all that great either, better then the X360 but not great. An arcade stick is still the best way to go.

While I know it isn't the same, but can you use the analog stick instead of the dpad?

|MaguS|
05-02-07, 10:56 AM
Who in their right mind would use the analog sticks for any fighting game? I mean they work but gah.... talk about crippling yourself...

Toss3
05-02-07, 11:02 AM
Who in their right mind would use the analog sticks for any fighting game? I mean they work but gah.... talk about crippling yourself...
It's a helluva'lot faster, but it requires some getting used to and practice! :)

Lyme
05-02-07, 11:22 AM

There are benifits and drawbacks of both the d-pad and analog stick, ultimatly getting a arcade stick is best, but I haven't found reason to yet. My biggest reasons for using the analog stick are:
-it doesn't take all the skin off my thumb when doing rotations or playing for long periods.
-the d-pad on the 360 controllers really, really, really, suck bad.

H3avyM3tal
05-02-07, 12:03 PM
I was always under the impression that using analog sticks is bad.
I mean, you actually do more action to perform a circle for instance:
You have to move the stick to the left/righ or every point on the outside, and then do the circle motion, while with the d-pad its more faster, becasue you dont need to move anything, you just press and its there.

Thats why I never understood why arcades have sticks...

Mr. Hunt
05-02-07, 12:13 PM
Yes... the D-pad on the 360 controller makes me want to freaking CRY... trying to do the spells in Castlevania SOTN is a pain in the ass.

sytaylor
05-02-07, 12:51 PM
If you ever punched my kid in the face I'd be more than happy to take a 2x4 to the back of your head. :)

Kids suck. All "I'm young so I should get to play". No, you're young, you're gonna wait. Get here earlier and bring beers. I can be bought for beers.

(Jesus, british sarcasm never goes too far internationally. I once told someone in the USA; deadpan; I was a fruit rapist and they said "Really, omg!")

Tygerwoody
05-02-07, 01:19 PM
Kids suck. All "I'm young so I should get to play". No, you're young, you're gonna wait. Get here earlier and bring beers. I can be bought for beers.

(Jesus, british sarcasm never goes too far internationally. I once told someone in the USA; deadpan; I was a fruit rapist and they said "Really, omg!")
You tell him sytaylor. Show him your VIP badge to reveal your high status.

kevJ420
05-02-07, 01:39 PM

That's Shun Di's style.

kevJ420
05-02-07, 01:46 PM
I think the PS3 version will probably look better, but I could be wrong. The arcade board has a 7800 gtx and the X360 doesn't.

Speed will probably be the same, but the X360 uses lower precision MRTs, so lighting will probably not look as good.

But what the hell do I know?

Also, the reason the x360 version may look blurrier, could be that the screens may have been (I don't know, I'm just offering this suggestion, not that it's right or anything) b/c the PS3 version was seen in 1080p (if VF5 even supports it) and the x360 was shown in 1080i ,or less or some **** like that.

The other thing is, is that the x360 can do nothing but bilinear filtering. there's also a lot of shimmering on the higher quality bump maps in x360 games.

The PS3 can do aniso, although it shimmers since the rsx isn't capable of angle-invariance.

ASUSEN7900GTX
05-02-07, 01:55 PM
i thought the screens from PS3 looks better than those of 360 saw a bit blurry and not the "360" look as many other games like lost planet Gears of war and so on
but then again it isnīt done yet and might be a contender against PS3 version who knows

thor1182
05-02-07, 01:55 PM
I think the PS3 version will probably look better, but I could be wrong. The arcade board has a 7800 gtx and the X360 doesn't.

Speed will probably be the same, but the X360 uses lower precision MRTs, so lighting will probably not look as good.

But what the hell do I know?

Also, the reason the x360 version may look blurrier, could be that the screens may have been (I don't know, I'm just offering this suggestion, not that it's right or anything) b/c the PS3 version was seen in 1080p (if VF5 even supports it) and the x360 was shown in 1080i ,or less or some **** like that.

The other thing is, is that the x360 can do nothing but bilinear filtering. there's also a lot of shimmering on the higher quality bump maps in x360 games.

The PS3 can do aniso, although it shimmers since the rsx isn't capable of angle-invariance.

you do know the 360 GPU is more powerful than the PS3 one right?

The whole what res those pictures were taken at is valid reason why it may look a bit off. The 360 can output any game to 1080p regardless of what it supports. If it supports 1080p, its not scaled, otherwise the 360 just scales is.

The 360 can do what ever filtering they want it to, its just a matter of the developer to turn it on. It can do 4x AA for "free," (it might have been 2 I can't remember) but anything else requires a performance hit that has to be taken into consideration at design time to figure out what is reasonable.