PDA

View Full Version : ps3 controller dead

tornadog
05-02-07, 10:46 AM
Yesterday I bought a BD remote for the ps3 and paired it with my system and watched a blu-ray movie. My sixaxis was getting charged throught he usb cable. Anyway today morning I saw the sixaxis had no light on it. Usually the first of the 4 lights is blinking to show its charging. I turn on the TV and get into motorstorm using my remote. The remote is assigned to controller 7. I hit the PS button on the remote and reassign controller to 1. It then gives me a message saying to connect a wireless controller to the first port. Nothing I do is able to turn it on. Finally I decided to restore the system. It rebooted and then it asked me to conenct the controller to the usb cable and press the ps button. But its still dead so I have to find another controller to proceed.

ENU291
05-02-07, 11:10 AM
Maybe it's an issue with the battery... can you take the battery out and reseat it or something?

|MaguS|
05-02-07, 11:11 AM
Call up Sony's Warrenty Department. It should be covered under warrenty for atleast a year... or so I believe.

I have had a delayed sync issue but other then that mine are working fine.

Lyme
05-02-07, 11:45 AM
Sony is supposed to have a battery/controller replacement program in place, it was one of the things they were being chastized about when people found the battery was embedded in the controller.

On that note, it is very very important you keep your receipts.

|MaguS|
05-02-07, 11:49 AM
Sony is supposed to have a battery/controller replacement program in place, it was one of the things they were being chastized about when people found the battery was embedded in the controller.

On that note, it is very very important you keep your receipts.
And also always register your products with Sony.

|MaguS|
05-02-07, 01:36 PM
Neither of my controllers have given me any problems yet. I bought two, and just switch between them. In the past I've had multiple controllers and would always "rotate" them, seems to increase the overall lifespan if I don't use the same controller day in/day out.
I do the same, have one on the charger and the other I use, when the one im using gets low I swap em.

Lyme
05-02-07, 04:05 PM
PS3 controllers use lithium batteries don't they? They have a recharge memory, so you probably want to drain them completely each time before charging.

|MaguS|
05-02-07, 04:25 PM
Lithium ION, which don't have an issue with recharging when the battery hasn't been completly drained. It's like newer cellphones, no longer do you have to drain the the battery before charging it.

tornadog
05-03-07, 01:53 AM
ah heck I bought a new one from newegg and threw this one in the trashbin, but not after opening it up and breaking a couple of joints inside that made it impossible to seal it back together!!!