PDA

View Full Version : Fracture

jAkUp
05-03-07, 02:36 AM
Check out this video:

http://ve3dboards.ign.com/message.asp?topic=26660872

Looks pretty awesome (nana2) Nice terrain deformation.

Destroy
05-03-07, 11:42 PM
Meh. Typical Lucas Arts lackluster gfx.

NarcissistZero
09-19-08, 03:55 AM
I was pleasently surprised by this one... story is crap, but the gameplay has promise.

The shooting was average to above average... nothing too amazing, but plenty serviceable. Some people might lament the lack of a Gears-like cover system in such an otherwise Gears-like game, but it didn't bother me much.

The terrain system is the real hook of the game and I found it really enjoyable. Creating cover from the ground is cool, and if you mess with the ground under enemies it can be fun and useful all at once. There was a section where you needed to storm head-on at a turret, and you created cover from the ground... neat.

The game also has some cool weapons, one of the later ones being a ground torpedo that speeds along underground until you detonate it under the enemies' feet. A sticky gun and a ground spike bomb were two other standouts.

The game also looks rather good for a, I presume, lower budget title. I checked out both the 360 and PS3 demos and while both look impressive, the 360 version looks much more crisp and colorful.

I'm not sure I'll spend $60 on this, but it's definately a purchase for me at some point... a surprise bit of fun.

crainger
09-19-08, 05:54 AM
Enough with these crap games. More DOTT and Monkey Island please.

NarcissistZero
09-19-08, 09:12 AM
But this game is good!

Well... not as good as those games.

Wait! Your point is seeping in!

ClosetFanBoy
09-19-08, 01:24 PM
That looks pretty slick actually. Getting demo.

Destroy
09-19-08, 10:15 PM
Just finished this demo. It's ok but sadly very limiting with what you can do with your 'magic shovel' powers and weapons. I can see this game getting boring in less than 1 hour. Plus I hated the close FOV.