PDA

View Full Version : System Tray Icon and Hot-keys... where?

rage77
05-03-07, 10:25 AM
Just installed Vista Ultimate and ForceWare 158.18 for my 8800GTS...where is the System Tray Icon and the Hot-key settings?

If they've been removed somehow, is there some way to get them back (except installing an old driver)?

henrybravo
05-03-07, 05:19 PM
Just installed Vista Ultimate and ForceWare 158.18 for my 8800GTS...where is the System Tray Icon and the Hot-key settings?

If they've been removed somehow, is there some way to get them back (except installing an old driver)?
A system tray icon isn't needed in Vista, just right-click on desktop and select Nvidia Control Panel.

Don't know about hot-keys; in Vista you may need a 3rd party app.

rage77
05-04-07, 02:51 AM
A system tray icon isn't needed in Vista, just right-click on desktop and select Nvidia Control Panel.

Don't know about hot-keys; in Vista you may need a 3rd party app.

That's the only way? they've totally disabled the System tray icon and hot-keys??
It was SO useful! I just ctrl-shift-F5 and changed my profile setting to clone output with that. Or rightclicked the tray icon and changed whatever, resolution, clone-mode, anything...

If they've removed it, is there anything else that could replace these functions? Any other app? I really liked the system tray options and the hot-key quick switching...