PDA

View Full Version : Which version of Spider man 3 is best?

Pages : [1] 2 3

kevJ420
05-03-07, 05:05 PM
Does anyone know if the PC version will be ****ed?

I assume maybe at least one person got it early.

I'm a major dumbass though, so I don't really know.

I just came from gamespot and it's hard to tell which system the newest dmc 4 shots are for. I believe they were the same for the ps3 and pc, but I didn't examine them. But whatever system they were for is not looking so great now. There was 2 shots with compressed blotchy skies, it doesn't appear to be using aa, and there was a shot of the snow part with some horrible looking distance fog.

Yes I know this is a stupid post, but I'm really interested to see how Spider man 3 turns out for the pc.

This is one of the 1st ten games to be on the ps3 and pc, so I think it will be very interesting with spider man.

NaitoSan
05-03-07, 05:51 PM
+1

PS3 is only one that'll get Collector's Edition so I prolly will get it.

J-Mag
05-03-07, 05:57 PM
You are going to have some serious mental health issues if you keep saying you're stupid. Be ignorant, it's bliss. ;)

GamerGuyX
05-03-07, 06:10 PM

Not going to get any arguement there.

|MaguS|
05-03-07, 06:18 PM
Not going to get any arguement there.
Are you ignoring my invite? :(

GamerGuyX
05-03-07, 06:33 PM
Are you ignoring my invite? :(

Oh sorry. Didn't recognize the username at the time. Been busy Folding to much.

mike686
05-03-07, 06:50 PM
:wonder:

SLippe
05-03-07, 07:03 PM
This thread delivers! :rofl

gulizard
05-03-07, 08:07 PM
Spiderman 3 on the pc rocks I know I've got it :).

kevJ420
05-03-07, 08:21 PM
Spiderman 3 on the pc rocks I know I've got it :).

where were you able to buy it from early?

does it have any ****bugs?

It looks pretty cool, but I wish movie-licensed games didn't always have come out around the same damn time as the movie every single time.

This time activision could've made up for the dreck that was the PC version of a previous one (i forgot which one it was) and made this **** take advantage of SM4.0 and quantum physics and ****. The particle fx and huge-ass objects breaking could be just like the damn movie.

|MaguS|
05-03-07, 08:29 PM
You should get the Dreamcast version!

Madpistol
05-03-07, 10:40 PM

+1. The only REAL next gen console. ;)

Thingding
05-04-07, 03:44 AM
Spiderman 3 on the PC is capped at 30fps!

That said the framerate doesn't seem to dip on my rig and it's a great looking game for the most part. I've only had a quick go on it but the crappy spiderman 2 we got doesn't even compare. This is a country mile better!

Everyone expect spiderman looks like characters from Doom 3 in the cutscenes, only much much worse. But in the main game you don't get close enough to notice so it's only a minor thing.

Oh and it's widescreen and works with a joypad without having to mess with the config. Basically the xbox360 version with better res. I'd post pics but I'm at work :cool:

Jon
05-04-07, 03:46 AM
Spiderman 3 on the pc rocks I know I've got it .

Whats the performance like? Since its another xbox 360 port I'm not sure whether to get it for PC or just get the PS2 version. I've read people complaining about performance on 7900 and lower cards... but haven't found much info about it at all yet.

Just read the above post... must have got in a few seconds before me...

That said the framerate doesn't seem to dip on my rig and it's a great looking game for the most part.

What res are you running it at?

Also, has anyone tried it on a series 6/7 card?

JohnDio
05-04-07, 03:48 AM
The combat system sucks but at least it's a good looking one.

http://img296.imageshack.us/img296/7701/spideyes1qe1.jpg

Bearclaw
05-04-07, 03:48 AM
QFT.

Bokishi
05-04-07, 03:55 AM

+2

Thingding
05-04-07, 06:16 AM
Well I'm playing it on my HD telly so I've only got limited resolutions on it. Stuck at 1280x1024 til I find a workaround.

kevJ420
05-04-07, 12:11 PM

There isn't a dreamcast version.

kevJ420
05-04-07, 12:18 PM
The combat system sucks but at least it's a good looking one.

http://img296.imageshack.us/img296/7701/spideyes1qe1.jpg

That looks horrible. What settings are you playing at?

All of this damn fog in upcoming and recent games is going to cause me to commit suicide.

I can't comprehend why they need fog to cover up the distance like a damn N64 game when the speed of 2 8800 ultras is available, plus a 30 fps cap.

I could understand if they had the fog, but didn't force it.

I wish everything didn't force terrible image quality.

ynnek
05-04-07, 12:34 PM
Long, sharp, and complicated draw distances require lots of CPU, GPU, and memory. Plus it makes level and game design alot more complicated.

The lowest common hw denominator in this case are consoles (and low end PC's).

Also, IMO, console gamers in general, don't care about large complicated free roaming maps.. They just want flashy graphics and relatively simple but addictive gameplay.

Plus that depth of blur effect is today's new "lense flare" effect.

|MaguS|
05-04-07, 12:40 PM
The lowest common hw denominator in this case are consoles (and low end PC's).

Um no, the lowest common denominator is PC gamers using low end Graphics cards which there are more then 3 times the amount of high end users. Don't be bull****ting saying that its the consoles fault of low graphics when its the fault of all the people who go out and buy a PC from Best Buy or DELL for less then a grand and think they can run any game on the market.

If you look up Valves surveys relating to system specs of people who played HL2 you would see that the largest majority are MX users.

ynnek
05-04-07, 12:49 PM
Um no, the lowest common denominator is PC gamers using low end Graphics cards which there are more then 3 times the amount of high end users. Don't be bull****ting saying that its the consoles fault of low graphics when its the fault of all the people who go out and buy a PC from Best Buy or DELL for less then a grand and think they can run any game on the market.

If you look up Valves surveys relating to system specs of people who played HL2 you would see that the largest majority are MX users.

Calm down man, thats why I also said low end PC's.

However, I kinda suspect for this game, they built it first for the consoles, then ported it over to the PC, and seperately looked what they could do for low end PC's. In other words, the low draw distance and blur was built in already to make it play smoothly on consoles first.

|MaguS|
05-04-07, 12:58 PM
Play Smugglers Run II on the PS2, it has a larger draw distance then most PC games.

ynnek
05-04-07, 01:00 PM
Play Smugglers Run II on the PS2, it has a larger draw distance then most PC games.

Not really. plus its environment is pretty simplistic.