PDA

View Full Version : got the hd dvd drive for a steal

Pages : [1] 2 3

tornadog
05-03-07, 07:34 PM
I was at Sams club last night and they had the hd dvd drive on clearance for 75 + tax. I bought it and also bought serenity from amazon. Question is, is blu-ray replaceable. If yes, then I can sell my ps3 and just stick to the 360 and hddvd. But if blu-ray is gonna stay and hd-dvd dies then I want to hold on to it...

S.I.N
05-03-07, 07:56 PM
Blu-ray is here to stay. Of either of the two, HD DVD will most likely be the one to die. Pity because I like the name more. You got it for a game and a half so just keep both.

ENU291
05-03-07, 09:11 PM
Blu-ray is here to stay. Of either of the two, HD DVD will most likely be the one to die. Pity because I like the name more. You got it for a game and a half so just keep both.Wow! Since you can predict the future do me a favor and give me next weeks winning lotto numbers! :rolleyes:

J-Mag
05-03-07, 09:34 PM
Blu-ray is here to stay. Of either of the two, HD DVD will most likely be the one to die. Pity because I like the name more. You got it for a game and a half so just keep both.

There is no format war because of dual format drives.

superklye
05-03-07, 10:24 PM
:retard:

S.I.N
05-03-07, 10:39 PM
Wow! Since you can predict the future do me a favor and give me next weeks winning lotto numbers! :rolleyes:

09 9 11 02 9 74 3 5 d 41 56 5 63 56 88 0

There is no format war because of dual format drives.

But how many major movie studio's will continue to put there movies on HD-DVD with its sole copy protection scheme already cracked and will continue to be cracked? Moreover some may get tired of supporting both formats and just go with Blu-ray because of its added protection and the fact it came out later and is beating HD-DVD in sales.

Peoples-Agent
05-03-07, 10:39 PM
Same here, I got one coming at a discount for 60 plus whatever I had left on my Game gift card. Can't go wrong there!! Well worth it.

superklye
05-03-07, 11:20 PM
09 9 11 02 9 74 3 5 d 41 56 5 63 56 88 0

But how many major movie studio's will continue to put there movies on HD-DVD with its sole copy protection scheme already cracked and will continue to be cracked? Moreover some may get tired of supporting both formats and just go with Blu-ray because of its added protection and the fact it came out later and is beating HD-DVD in sales.
Dude, totally. Like, there aren't even any HD DVDs scheduled for release at all anymore.

I can't believe I didn't see this before. I need to sell my 360 drive, my Toshiba HD-A2 and all 43 of my HD DVDs. Hopefully I can sucker some idiot into buying them... :(

Idiot.

1337_Like_ThaT
05-03-07, 11:23 PM
^^ Actually you gotta start watching those HD DVDs you have superkyle before you do anything :p

evilchris
05-03-07, 11:26 PM
Dude, totally. Like, there aren't even any HD DVDs scheduled for release at all anymore.

I can't believe I didn't see this before. I need to sell my 360 drive, my Toshiba HD-A2 and all 43 of my HD DVDs. Hopefully I can sucker some idiot into buying them... :(

Idiot.

lol

81,000 members here and he is the only one I have ever put on ignore. He's THAT stupid.

superklye
05-03-07, 11:32 PM
^^ Actually you gotta start watching those HD DVDs you have superkyle before you do anything :p
I just finished School for Scoundrels...I've only 21 more I need to watch...

:o

superklye
05-03-07, 11:32 PM
lol

81,000 members here and he is the only one I have ever put on ignore. He's THAT stupid.
I'm getting pretty close to doing it, too.

Ancient
05-03-07, 11:35 PM
Everybody loves Sony DRM.

I'm coating a BD DVD with K-Y Jelly as we speak.

superklye
05-03-07, 11:36 PM
Everybody loves Sony DRM.

I'm coating a BD DVD with K-Y Jelly as we speak.
mmm...yeah...pass that over here when you're done...

S.I.N
05-04-07, 12:35 AM

Idiot.

Did I say anything even close to that? Read the original posters question. I don't see how you're all ripping me apart when it was honest response to the guys question. Why such a defense? You're all acting as if I said Blu-ray is superior. Get a ****ing life.

Peoples-Agent
05-04-07, 06:18 AM
I got a real prediction for you.

They will all give in and produce films in both formats. Wasn't do'able in the past when Betamax / VHS were at it, but now.... the type of media market we have, it's gonna happen.

Ruined
05-04-07, 07:12 AM
Both are here to stay.

superklye
05-04-07, 08:24 AM
Did I say anything even close to that? Read the original posters question. I don't see how you're all ripping me apart when it was honest response to the guys question. Why such a defense? You're all acting as if I said Blu-ray is superior. Get a ****ing life.
I was just taking your implied advice.

You said that BD was going to get all of HD DVDs backers because of the crippling DRM that HD DVD refuses to push on consumers and you said that HD DVD was most likely going to be the one to die...with nothing to back it up other than your poor grammar and sentence structure.

Why would I keep clinging to a ship when you're so sure it's sinking?

Mr. Hunt
05-04-07, 08:34 AM
I was just taking your implied advice.

You said that BD was going to get all of HD DVDs backers because of the crippling DRM that HD DVD refuses to push on consumers and you said that HD DVD was most likely going to be the one to die...with nothing to back it up other than your poor grammar and sentence structure.

Why would I keep clinging to a ship when you're so sure it's sinking?

Well you DO enjoy NIN who haven't been any decent since like... the mid 90s.

superklye
05-04-07, 08:39 AM
Well you DO enjoy NIN who haven't been any decent since like... the mid 90s.
hmmm...

http://www.richardcorman.com/images/entertainment_flatley.jpg

Mr. Hunt
05-04-07, 08:42 AM
Is that supposed to be an insult? That is the only thing the holy gay trio can come up with?

superklye
05-04-07, 08:43 AM
It's all we need. You take care of the rest.

ENU291
05-04-07, 09:28 AM
It's all we need. You take care of the rest.
owned:

nekrosoft13
05-04-07, 09:35 AM
does every sam has this discount? i have to go look soon.

MustangSVT
05-04-07, 09:47 AM
What's this about Blu-Ray added protection?

If anything, at the moment in a way Blu-Ray is losing steam. For example, since HD-DVD and Blu-Ray are both cracked now, there's many releases online of movies ripped from either of those 2 and re-encoded to play at 720p on Xbox360, so there must be quite a few people who may have considered getting a Blu-Ray who no longer want to.