PDA

View Full Version : I guess I'm a little late to the party

Pages : [1] 2

superklye
05-05-07, 01:21 AM
But I got my 360 today (thanks Tiki :D) and I love it. I don't know why I've been so anti-console all these years...it's a blast. I downloaded a ton of demos before plugging the ethernet back into my computer and I've got Gears of War from a while back.

Then tonight, I picked up GRAW, Marvel: Ultimate Alliance and Viva Pinata. I haven't tried those three yet, but GoW is awesome (obviously) and the demos for Dead Rising, Lost Planet and Burnout Revenge were all amazing.

I love my 360. :D :D

evilchris
05-05-07, 01:25 AM
It's pretty awesome... I need to get back into it. I went on a lull and then bought a Wii.

TiKiMaN1
05-05-07, 01:25 AM
But I got my 360 today (thanks Tiki :D) and I love it. I don't know why I've been so anti-console all these years...it's a blast. I downloaded a ton of demos before plugging the ethernet back into my computer and I've got Gears of War from a while back.

Then tonight, I picked up GRAW, Marvel: Ultimate Alliance and Viva Pinata. I haven't tried those three yet, but GoW is awesome (obviously) and the demos for Dead Rising, Lost Planet and Burnout Revenge were all amazing.

Awesome man!!!:D Glad you like it!

Now you just need to get on Xbox Live Gold Account. The 360 is awesome no doubt.

(nana2)

TiKiMaN1
05-05-07, 01:29 AM
Next time I'm at the store I need to pick up Lost Planet and I can't wait for Forza later this month.

http://imageigloo.com/images/5336b200187ab.jpg

gravioli
05-05-07, 01:36 AM
I've had my 360 for awhile, but have been busy with other things and haven't did much gaming. I picked up Marvel: Ultimate Alliance last week and am having a blast. If you like Marvel comics you will love the game.

superklye
05-05-07, 10:22 AM
I've had my 360 for awhile, but have been busy with other things and haven't did much gaming. I picked up Marvel: Ultimate Alliance last week and am having a blast. If you like Marvel comics you will love the game.
I'm kinda meh on Marvel comics (I'm Dark Horse all the way), but I really dig this style of game. I thought Freedom Force was awesome and obviously I love Diablo and Diablo 2. I'm looking forward to getting into it.

Lost Planet was so awesome. I definitely need to snag that one once I get through some of these games.

I just can't believe I waited this long...now, I need to get wifi for this and I'll be set. :D

S.I.N
05-05-07, 10:29 AM
Now your cool.:headexplode:

Lyme
05-05-07, 11:09 AM

Some helpful notes (of which you probably already know):
-The 360 is quieter when set horizontal, and louder when vertical.
-Placing it horizontal has less chance of accidentally falling over.
-The 360 puts off a significant amount of heat (think personal computer), and as such needs a lot of free air around it for cooling. A simple test, play a game for 30min and put your hand in the enclosure that your 360 is in.
-The 360 is nice, but it is white (excluding the elite).. These brighten it up http://www.decalgirl.com/browse.cfm/2,205.htm (and are good quality).
-The rechargeable battery packs are worth it.

superklye
05-05-07, 11:12 AM
Now your cool.:headexplode:
Go sulk somewhere else.

And it's "you're" as in "you are."

:rolleyes2

superklye
05-05-07, 11:14 AM
Some helpful notes (of which you probably already know):
-The 360 is quieter when set horizontal, and louder when vertical.
-Placing it horizontal has less chance of accidentally falling over.
-The 360 puts off a significant amount of heat (think personal computer), and as such needs a lot of free air around it for cooling. A simple test, play a game for 30min and put your hand in the enclosure that your 360 is in.
-The 360 is nice, but it is white (excluding the elite).. These brighten it up http://www.decalgirl.com/browse.cfm/2,205.htm (and are good quality).
-The rechargeable battery packs are worth it.
:D

I've got it sitting in my TV stand on its own shelf...lots of air going by and it's close to my window which is letting in tons of 48 degree air. :) It's cool for now and hopefully it won't get too hot in my apartment before I move out. I've got the brick up in the open away from other heat sources, so hopefully it'll be okay, too.

Also, my roommate keeps forgetting to check on his discount on the WiFi but as soon as he lets me know, I'll let you know, if you're still offering it.

Thanks! :)

Lyme
05-05-07, 11:51 AM
My 360 wifi is still happily sitting in a drawer. It is yours, should you decide you want it.

Mr. Hunt
05-05-07, 11:53 AM
Get Dead Rising... great game...

superklye
05-05-07, 12:34 PM
My 360 wifi is still happily sitting in a drawer. It is yours, should you decide you want it.
Fantastic! I'll let you know in the next couple of days... :D

Get Dead Rising... great game...
I played the demo for like 2 hours straight last night. It was so much fun! It's only $40, too...I think I'll wait until tomorrow to see what the new sales at Best Buy and such are and then go out and get it.

I thought just killing zombies over and over again would get boring but man...it ****ing ROCKS!

Mr. Hunt
05-05-07, 12:44 PM
Fantastic! I'll let you know in the next couple of days... :D

I played the demo for like 2 hours straight last night. It was so much fun! It's only $40, too...I think I'll wait until tomorrow to see what the new sales at Best Buy and such are and then go out and get it.

I thought just killing zombies over and over again would get boring but man...it ****ing ROCKS!

Just wait... in the full game you get some freaking AWESOME weapons... and exploring the mall is fun... I still need to get the 7 day survivor achievement :(.

muaddib
05-05-07, 12:47 PM
Congrats... Consoles are the best.
I am a retired PC gamer (the frequent upgrades and costly high-end PCs are too much...)

superklye
05-05-07, 12:48 PM
I assume you pick up healing items and stuff along the way? Because I had nothing (that I knew of) with which to heal myself.

And do you ever get additional ammo for the shotgun? Or do you just lose it when it's done and when you find a new one, that's your next chance to use it?

Mr. Hunt
05-05-07, 12:54 PM
I assume you pick up healing items and stuff along the way? Because I had nothing (that I knew of) with which to heal myself.

And do you ever get additional ammo for the shotgun? Or do you just lose it when it's done and when you find a new one, that's your next chance to use it?

There is health in the demo... go upstairs to the food court... just eat some pizza or drink OJ (pretty much the best in the game) and you will heal... the game is actually very cool in that you can pick up Frozen pizza, and put it in the oven to cook it... and then there are a few different combinations for mixing stuff up that give some cool effects.

And for your second question... pretty much that is the way it works... you just use it then you pick up another. But you can carry a bunch of weapons in the game, and once you level up you unlock some freaking AWESOME "skills" (ripping out zombies guts by hand, and the "Zombie Walk").

Dead Rising was one of the best experiences in gaming in quite some time.

|MaguS|
05-05-07, 12:55 PM
Isn't the game timed? I never played the game but I heard you had to complete the objectives within a time limit so is it really free roaming with missions or mission to mission with free roam gameplay.

Tyr-Sog
05-05-07, 01:00 PM
I just got back in to playing the 360 again and picked up Lost Planet. LP is the most fun I played on the 360 yet. Love the MP style of it.

Mr. Hunt
05-05-07, 01:18 PM
Isn't the game timed? I never played the game but I heard you had to complete the objectives within a time limit so is it really free roaming with missions or mission to mission with free roam gameplay.

The main game itself is timed (3 days/72 hours)... it is free roam, you don't have to complete all missions if you don't want to, and there are 50 survivors to save (and saving all of them is a freaking PAIN)... but eventually you can unlock a new mode (Infinite Mode maybe? I forgot), where basically you try to survive as long as you can (and it has XBL scoreboards), but you can't just go "OMG LAWL I WULD JUST CAMP" because your health is draining constantly, there are bosses all over the mall, food does not respawn... it takes a lot of dedication to do (takes about 12 hours REAL time) to get through 7 days... and sadly people have like 11 days survived (last I looked which was a while ago... people might have gone more insane lately).

|MaguS|
05-05-07, 01:24 PM
Blah, I hate being timed...

DRen72
05-07-07, 01:01 PM
I bought an X-Box 360 Elite over the weekend. I think Best Buy in Chattanooga had about 6 on the shelf when I got it. This is the first console I've owned (not played) since the Atari 2600. I've been a PC gamer exclusively since those days. I picked up Gears of War also. Very cool game. I hooked it up to my Hitachi 42" HDTV via the HDMI port and have that running with 5.1 Dolby Surround sound and so far its pretty impressive. My only gripe...when gaming its louder by far than my entire PC. I think its the DVD drive. I will try the horizontal placement as Lyme suggested.

I think the next thing I do is hook it up to my high-speed internet connection via a wireless link. Again, overall, its better than I expected and thats including the sound, graphics, and controller. This coming from 20 years on a keyboard and mouse too.

I still plan to upgrade the PC and will always be a PC gamer first. :)

Mazztadawn
05-07-07, 02:11 PM
I was late to the party as well. I've been PC all the way until just a few weeks ago. I got a sweet bonus from work and decided to pick one up. It's awesome to have a large selection of games too choose from right off the bat.

Games I have already:
GoW - (of course)
Tiger Woods 07 - (great to play online with your buddies)
NHL 07 - (same as above if your into hockey)
Dead Rising - (havent got into it much yet, been fun though)
Tony Hawk P8 - (this series still appeals to me)
Saints Row - (well.....it was cheap.)

Lovin it so far.....but I also got a Wii with Zelda and Super Paper Mario....so ya I'm spread pretty thin :p

superklye
05-07-07, 02:44 PM
I just love the fact that the hardware is universal and anyone with a 360 can play any 360 game. It's a concept I'm still struggling to get used to because I'm so used to having PC games my friends don't and being able to play them since I have a killer rig and they still have GeForce 3s, 4s and sometimes even integrated.

Lyme
05-07-07, 03:56 PM
Maybe it is just my age, but I'm finding the games off xbl to be the ones I'm playing a lot, like worms and catan. But I did have a few people over on the weekend and played Guitar Hero 2 in co-op for quite a while.