PDA

View Full Version : Xbox Live Strict NAT

Dr.Nick
05-05-07, 01:46 PM
Hey guys, I'm having some issues connecting with some players on Xbox live and after running the network tests on the Xbox all is well except for NAT which comes up as Strict. I have opened the recommended ports -88 and 3074- but there is no difference. From what I've read NAT should be coming up as Open.
Any ideas?

Edit- Figured it out. Enabling "Respond to Internet Ping" in my router settings did the trick. Hopefully I don't get hacked lol

watever
05-06-07, 05:10 AM
for me.. enabling "plug n play" on my router did the the trick..

Dr.Nick
05-06-07, 03:47 PM
I don't have that option, my router is very old. Good to know tho, thanks

ViN86
05-06-07, 05:25 PM
Hey guys, I'm having some issues connecting with some players on Xbox live and after running the network tests on the Xbox all is well except for NAT which comes up as Strict. I have opened the recommended ports -88 and 3074- but there is no difference. From what I've read NAT should be coming up as Open.
Any ideas?

Edit- Figured it out. Enabling "Respond to Internet Ping" in my router settings did the trick. Hopefully I don't get hacked lol
also, you can put your 360 in the DMZ. thats what i do.

Peoples-Agent
05-07-07, 10:48 AM
Any ideas?

I'm wondering if enabling that respond to ping may even speed up gaming and reduce lag? ...hmm I wonder.

Dr.Nick
05-07-07, 11:07 AM
also, you can put your 360 in the DMZ. thats what i do.

Thanks, that works also but I can only do that for one device. I need it for at least two:(

@Peoples-Agent;
It has helped a lot all around for me. I even closed the above ports again and it's still better than ever. However, I have been told that it is somewhat of a security risk