PDA

View Full Version : Starcraft 2... likely an MMO

Pages : [1] 2 3

jAkUp
05-06-07, 12:48 AM
Damn :(

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=163207&site=cvg

The long-rumoured new instalment of Blizzard's massive StarCraft series is set to be unveiled later this month - and it's another massively-multiplayer online game in the style of World of Warcraft, CVG can reveal.

Well placed US sources have revealed to us that the StarCraft MMO will be unveiled at an upcoming Blizzard event on May 19 in South Korea - the epicentre of the sci-fi RTS series' rabid fandom.

The unveiling of the new instalment has previously been rumoured for the South Korea event, though we now know that the title is in fact an online spin-off and not a new RTS game as previously assumed.

Amuro
05-06-07, 12:54 AM
WOW style which means there's no space sim combat?

superklye
05-06-07, 01:02 AM
This caps off the sh!t sundae this night turned into. Thanks for nothing, Blizzard.

XxDeadlyxX
05-06-07, 01:03 AM
You've got to be kidding.... :headexplode:

LycosV
05-06-07, 01:05 AM
This is the obvious result of all the people who pay for MMORPGs every month. The profit return form a bad MM game is far better than even the best normal games.

I for one say BOO! to Blizzard.

Arioch
05-06-07, 03:07 AM
Stay tuned for World of Diablo next...

nekrosoft13
05-06-07, 03:34 AM
****, i don't want MMO starcraft

Lfctony
05-06-07, 03:49 AM
Yay for greedy smacktards!

NaitoSan
05-06-07, 05:50 AM
...I hope it's not true. Please Blizzard... please! :(

K007
05-06-07, 06:07 AM
this is stupid. Doudt its gonna hit off like WoW..people have spend too much time on there toons to just drop it off and go gear up in SC...some will play..but i for one aint intrested in another mmo -.-...

Also...sad its a mmo..would have loved to see a RTS back in action.

XxDeadlyxX
05-06-07, 06:13 AM
I guess they've forgotten how to make a decent RTS so they're just making a WoW clone instead... great... :rolleyes:

arioch21
05-06-07, 07:30 AM
I find this kinda hard to believe they would compete with their own game which is dominating the market at the moment, not too many people have time to play 2 mmo's, unless they are planning to take like 4 years to complete it or more which by that time people will probably be tired of WoW I guess.

I guess me being a big fan of WoW and SC, I have mixed feelings, I would rather have a new SC rts though. :(

CaptNKILL
05-06-07, 07:39 AM
After all these years and all the hype that surrounds Starcraft, its really not all that surprising that they want to do this to it. They'll probably make hundreds of times more money (in the long run) with an MMO than they would with an RTS.

I'm sick of all the MMOs though. I've played 4 or 5 major MMOs over the years and they just aren't for me (though Runescape is still fun to screw around with once in a while, because its free). It sucks that so many companies are going this route to cash in on the fad.

XxDeadlyxX
05-06-07, 08:25 AM
Looks like that April fools joke on Gamespot last year I think, "World of Starcraft"... may not be such a joke after all hahahah :o

kev13dd
05-06-07, 02:40 PM
I read an article a few days ago that said Blizzard has officially said that they will not be revieling any new MMOs soon besides add-ons to WOW. I'll look around to see where I read it

EDIT: http://mmorpg.qj.net/All-Blizzard-Franchises-will-Become-MMOGs-/pg/49/aid/55958

K

pkirby11
05-06-07, 02:52 PM
I read an article a few days ago that said Blizzard has officially said that they will not be revieling any new MMOs soon besides add-ons to WOW. I'll look around to see where I read it

EDIT: http://mmorpg.qj.net/All-Blizzard-Franchises-will-Become-MMOGs-/pg/49/aid/55958

K

I'd like to believe that but that blog was posted a year ago, lots can change in a year. Blizzard disapoints me, I quit WoW because I saw it and Blizzard for what they truly are, money grubbing bastards. It's no wonder Bill Roper and other key staff members quit, Blizzard has become another EA. WoW's been around for almost 3 years now, they make a killing off there subscriber base and yet they haven't added any really unique content and their servers still suck.

Blizzard has certainly lost it, not every one wants to donate their life to run ZG, MC and other 20 man raids just to get a piece of armour. I wanted a good old fast paced RTS. I'm sad now, I hope this isn't true but it really wouldn't suprise me. Blizzard is a big sucking leach! :(

six_storm
05-06-07, 03:23 PM
BOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

MrSavoy
05-06-07, 05:29 PM
Not hard to believe at all imo. They will probably charge like 20 bucks a month as a package deal for access to both games. How can they go wrong there? You know everyone who currently plays wow will go for it, and even people who never played wow, but would love to play the SC MMO will probably now play wow as well.

Its a no brainer for Blizz and I in their place would probably do the same.

toxikneedle
05-06-07, 05:32 PM
lol I can't wait til they announce it in Korea, there's gonna be a huge riot.

OrangeBlast
05-06-07, 06:40 PM
uhg, I do not like this news. SC needs to be SP and MP. No more, no less.

Becoming
05-06-07, 07:03 PM
WoW's been around for almost 3 years now, they make a killing off there subscriber base and yet they haven't added any really unique content and their servers still suck.

Obviously they are doing something right. What exactly do you view as "unique" anyway if I may ask? They've added a ton of stuff since launch (including TBC) and I've had no real server issues at all. You sound disgruntled and out of touch to be honest. Nobody is forcing their subscribers to be "leeched" from.

Oh no they have been crazy successful in ways that other MMO's only dream of, they must be evil!<---That is what your post comes off sounding like imo.

They are in the position they are because they make incredibly polished and fun titles, period. EA wishes they could claim the same across the line of titles they publish, so don't go comparing Blizzard to that garbage company until they make something that's a buggy heap of crap obviously rushed out the door for cash.

Rakeesh
05-06-07, 07:15 PM
Starcraft 2... likely an MMO

Gay.

slick
05-06-07, 07:20 PM
Because it's going to get posted eventually.

http://www.penny-arcade.com/images/2006/20060616.jpg

XxDeadlyxX
05-06-07, 07:28 PM
Haha :p

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6152718.html

supra
05-06-07, 07:54 PM
well....least we still got c&c3 :)