PDA

View Full Version : GFFX and Splinter Cell

DAC350
03-24-03, 01:45 PM
Game runs great, but when I enable AA of any kind, all the light effects "freak out". Is any other FX owner having this problem, is it just a driver issue. I am using 43.00 drivers and the newest Splinter Cell patch. Thanks.

jnd3
03-24-03, 01:59 PM
I'm not an FX owner, but it's a Splinter Cell/driver issue (the UBI developers make the claim that it's some sort of dodgy driver implementation). Splinter Cell won't work with AA on any video cards (ATI or Nvidia, which brings into question the whole driver thing). When I had it enabled, I could see light through walls, doors, Sam, etc. Alas, you'll just have to drop AA and bump up the resolution. I'm running it at 1280x960, and it looks pretty darn good!

Cheers,
JND

DAC350
03-24-03, 02:06 PM
Thanks for the info, it does look damn good still.

Cotita
03-24-03, 02:11 PM
As far as I know the ATI issue has been resolved with newer drivers, nvidia cards still have problems with antialiasing.

saturnotaku
03-24-03, 02:32 PM
Originally posted by Cotita
As far as I know the ATI issue has been resolved with newer drivers, nvidia cards still have problems with antialiasing.

That's news to me because I used 2 sets of Catalyst 3.2 drivers (from ATI and Omega) and I still had that problem in the demo.