PDA

View Full Version : So I may get an Elite...Worth it?

sirplayalot
05-06-07, 12:50 PM
Ok, My premium 360 broke. I did get the warrenty on it from Best Buy so all is good on getting a new one. Do you think it will work if I try to pay the $80 or so difference to get an Elite? Do you think its worth losing all of the files on my hard drive?

Im also wondering, will my Xbox live enabled gamer profile carry over all of the achievments to the new system when I recover the profile?

If they dont let me get the Elite I can just take the hard drive out of the new system and take my old one, I know they let people do that.

LiquidX
05-06-07, 01:32 PM
If all it will cost you is about $80 I would trade up. And yes your profile will carry over everything. You can also send in for a free transfer kit to get back your saves.

Am_I_Evil
05-06-07, 01:46 PM
If all it will cost you is about $80 I would trade up. And yes your profile will carry over everything. You can also send in for a free transfer kit to get back your saves.

lol....how exactly would he do that though...because he will be giving his old one to bestbuy to get the new one....meaning he won't have the HDD to do the transfer anymore...you think they'll hold onto the old one for him so when the kit comes in from MS he can go hook up the elite in the store and transfer or something? :eek2:

LiquidX
05-06-07, 01:53 PM
lol....how exactly would he do that though...because he will be giving his old one to bestbuy to get the new one....meaning he won't have the HDD to do the transfer anymore...you think they'll hold onto the old one for him so when the kit comes in from MS he can go hook up the elite in the store and transfer or something? :eek2:

He wouldn't. Sorry about that. Achievements is no problem though as its attached to the profile and not the console.

ad hoc
05-06-07, 01:53 PM
Ok, My premium 360 broke. I did get the warrenty on it from Best Buy so all is good on getting a new one. Do you think it will work if I try to pay the $80 or so difference to get an Elite? Do you think its worth losing all of the files on my hard drive?

Im also wondering, will my Xbox live enabled gamer profile carry over all of the achievments to the new system when I recover the profile?

If they dont let me get the Elite I can just take the hard drive out of the new system and take my old one, I know they let people do that.

Can you get your Premium to the dashboard? If so, I would say purchase a memory card and copy your savegames/profile over to the memory card. This is what I did. Though since I had a 64MB card, I couldn't copy any of my media over; not a big deal to me however. Speaking of your profile only, I believe MS has a copy of your gamer profile on live. You can get a free transfer cable from MS if you ge the Elite, but you have to wait and you won't have your Premium after that...

Personally, for the color, upconversion with Component quality (HDMI), and 120GB HDD, I think $80 is worth it.

sirplayalot
05-06-07, 06:18 PM
Alright, well I switched to the elite. I will indeed lose my saved games but I dont care really. I wont be using HDMI because my PS3 is already using up my HDMI port but I think having the 120 gigs is worth it I guess. Im glad BestBuy let us do the switch. Ill be opening it up later on tonight if you guys want pics but Im sure you have all seen it already. :)

TiKiMaN1
05-06-07, 07:55 PM
Alright, well I switched to the elite. I will indeed lose my saved games but I dont care really. I wont be using HDMI because my PS3 is already using up my HDMI port but I think having the 120 gigs is worth it I guess. Im glad BestBuy let us do the switch. Ill be opening it up later on tonight if you guys want pics but Im sure you have all seen it already. :)

I would have to say the Elite is very worth it. The colors in my games are even more vivid and beautiful than before...1080p over HDMI FTW! And certainly this extra space is awesome!

Apollo 13
05-06-07, 08:05 PM
wow it was that easy for you to find a elite? I had to travel 64 miles (there and back) to a Circuit City in Michigan to get mines. I live in Toledo, Ohio and couldn't find a Elite anywhere since mosts stores only got 2-4. My premium just died on me for the 4th time. I plan to get it fixed and then sale it to help pay for my Elite I just bought.

TiKiMaN1
05-06-07, 08:27 PM
wow it was that easy for you to find a elite? I had to travel 64 miles (there and back) to a Circuit City in Michigan to get mines. I live in Toledo, Ohio and couldn't find a Elite anywhere since mosts stores only got 2-4. My premium just died on me for the 4th time. I plan to get it fixed and then sale it to help pay for my Elite I just bought.

I bought mine from BestBuy.com the night it was released.:D

sirplayalot
05-06-07, 08:38 PM

They are not that hard to find out here...

DRen72
05-07-07, 01:55 PM
I bought an X-Box 360 Elite over the weekend. I think Best Buy in Chattanooga had about 6 on the shelf when I got it. This is the first console I've owned (not played) since the Atari 2600. I've been a PC gamer exclusively since those days. I picked up Gears of War also. Very cool game. I hooked it up to my Hitachi 42" HDTV via the HDMI port and have that running with 5.1 Dolby Surround sound and so far its pretty impressive. My only gripe...when gaming its louder by far than my entire PC. I think its the DVD drive. I think the next thing I do is hook it up to my high-speed internet connection via a wireless link. Again, overall, its better than I expected and thats including the sound, graphics, and controller. This coming from 20 years on a keyboard and mouse too.

Peacemaker
05-07-07, 05:18 PM
Hi all :)
Guys, what do you think... when Elite will be avaible here, in Poland? I need to buy some 32'' or 37'' Sharp Aquos LCD TV first, but i want to pick up one of the Xbox until 01.06.2007 (you know, its a kids day ;) its good reason for my "bills checker" - wife hehehe!)

greetings,

Peacemaker.