PDA

View Full Version : Did anyone try nVIDIA OMEGA drivers before?

JohnsonLKD
08-19-02, 02:54 PM
Weel, as it says, it will improve whole image sharpness/quality.

The actual screenshots of games were WAY clear than the normal nVIDIA driver. (Almost Radeon Shrpness)

The likes that I had are all GONE.

10% of speed scarifice, and you get better pictures.

Does anyone know where I can download this driver again?

StealthHawk
08-19-02, 08:59 PM
ugh, those drivers create terrible aliasing artifacts, and you can just "accomplish" the same thing by using RivaTuner and screwing around with LOD

saturnotaku
08-19-02, 10:44 PM
Originally posted by StealthHawk
ugh, those drivers create terrible aliasing artifacts, and you can just "accomplish" the same thing by using RivaTuner and screwing around with LOD

Very true. And the last point can be proven by installing RivaTuner immediately after the Omega drivers. You'll see that in the option to adjust LOD, the slider has already been adjusted for you. They're not worth the download, especially if you have a set of drivers that's already working well for you.

AngelGraves13
08-19-02, 11:25 PM
I heard that they have no Macrovision with it, and that it produces better DVD quality. I gave it a try and let me just say that there is no difference. If you're a noob then use it, but otherwise tweak it your freakin' self man. I prefer to do things my way...no one knows what looks better than my own eyes after about 30 mins of tests with playing around with LOD bias and FSAA.

davo_2288
08-21-02, 04:32 AM
I dont reckon its worth sacrificing speed for quality that the naked eye cant even see!

StealthHawk
08-21-02, 04:36 AM
Originally posted by davo_2288
I dont reckon its worth sacrificing speed for quality that the naked eye cant even see!

last i checked there was a big increase in texture clarity using the Omegas...of course there was an ample increase in texture aliasing too :rolleyes: maybe Omega toned down the LOD a lil, but his first release definitely looked...different.

Kruno
08-21-02, 04:57 AM
Texture aliasing looks good in Half Life.