PDA

View Full Version : Halo 2?

Pages : [1] 2

Dreamingawake
05-08-07, 12:22 PM
I thought Halo 2 for the PC was supposed to come out today ?? (May 8th).

Don't tell me it was delayed :( I don't see it anywhere.... :thumbdwn:

jdspinna
05-08-07, 01:01 PM
It was delayed.

Dreamingawake
05-08-07, 01:03 PM
Lame.

I'm really tired of games being delayed.

All the websites (future shop, best buy) say May8th.

Called the stores and the employees don't even have any idea when it's coming.

One guy told me May 10th, another said it should be there tomorrow.

Good work. Makes me not even want to bother buying it.

PSYCHODAD
05-08-07, 01:05 PM
Gamestop is showing 5/22 as the release date now.

KasuCode
05-08-07, 01:07 PM
May 8th was probly the ship date. Dosnt mean the stores will get it that day.

jdspinna
05-08-07, 01:11 PM
May 8th was the release date. It got pushed back a couple of days ago. Many retailers have updated their pages but, some have not.

EDIT: The story below has appearantly turned out to be BS.

From h2vista.net

"Gamepro has reported they have been officially notified by Microsoft of the delay. Regardless of the title's 'gold' status, multiple technical issues and the instalation process are being changed. Thus, Microsoft is pushing back is release date for an unmentioned amount of time. As mentioned before, multiple retail stores are listing the new release date as the 22nd of May, but that is ultimately an estimate until an official notice is given."

XP_GUN
05-08-07, 02:01 PM
God dang it. Well I waited 2 years; I guess a few more weeks won’t really matter, I was really hoping to play it today :(

NaitoSan
05-08-07, 03:07 PM
Oh well, I'll be without PC for few months. I'm waiting for Quad core price to drop to $266. :)

Maybe my laptop will run Halo 2 decently.

CDE_1246
05-08-07, 06:45 PM
How the hell could that game be delayed? It was already made they just had to do a couple things.

Q
05-08-07, 07:03 PM
How the hell could that game be delayed? It was already made they just had to do a couple things.

They had to make sure thier "Vista only" protection system was working flawlessly. Well, at least well enough to where you couldn't play the game on W2k or XP.

XP_GUN
05-08-07, 07:54 PM
So I desisted to have some fun and went calling around to see what the stores would say, Most of them like Best Buy, Microcenter said that they should be getting a shipment tomorrow, Which I think will never happen.

I dont mind to wait a extra 2 weeks. The thing that ticks me off is how the Game had already gone Gold and looks done, then I learn today that it was delayed.

EDIT Looks like its only delayed a few days
http://www.bungie.net/Forums/posts.aspx?postID=10752933
According to Target, they delayed the game because there was a problem with the Windows Live service. It wasn't working with the whole send friend requests and messages from you PC to Xbox 360 thing. This was all in the email that their store got. The employee I was talking to said they have the games in the back, but Microsoft told them they couldn't release it until they fixed the Windows Live issue. He said the May 22nd is not true, and that they will probably be released on Thursday which is the estimated time they will have Windows Live fixed.

SH64
05-08-07, 10:21 PM
May 22nd is the new release date.

stncttr908
05-08-07, 10:28 PM
1) Vista only
2) Pay-to-play online
3) Hope it runs well, because poor performance will be strike three...

I played this on Xbox for months so it won't be a great loss for me, but I hope it pans out well.

shabby
05-08-07, 11:09 PM
They had to make sure thier "Vista only" protection system was working flawlessly. Well, at least well enough to where you couldn't play the game on W2k or XP.

I hope that will be cracked the day it comes out.

K007
05-09-07, 06:14 AM
I saw a video for Halo2..and wow..looks so lame.

Its like Resident Evil 4 which got recently out for PC..which looked really crap (thank god patch fixed it), but with needing Vista to run it...

I dunno if there is a video or not but i think its easy to watch someone fast run the halo2 on xbox than play the game..looks so dull and boring...would have probably been great 2 years ago...but wow -.-...i hope some patch comes out to it because..it is really bad looking...

Oh and btw..the video was having pretty poor performance in action scenes (not even heavy action), maybe the guy had a gf 6200 or something...because it was pretty poor performance..

http://www.gamearena.com.au/downloads/details.php/halo-2-vista-trailer

The link.

EDIT: Just watched it again..yea slow downs...just imagine halo 1 on pc first time..i am not even gonna bother with this game...maybe halo 3 will look good...thats about...4-6 years to be released for pc right?..For the Next OS...'Next Gen Gaming'...god i love Vista..(Drivers are a bit bad but i like it..) but this is just a joke, can find better games right now.

mullet
05-10-07, 01:33 AM
More screen shots fo free.
http://www.worthplaying.com/article.php?sid=42779&mode=thread&order=0

john19055
05-10-07, 03:56 AM
I can not believe they are just releaseing it for Windows Vista,looks to me they would want to sell all of them they could and cutting out the XP gamers is pretty lame,they are just trying to make me update to Widows Vista.I guess since I have a copy of Widows Vista Ultimate just laying on my desk since 2-4-07 ,I may install it since it seems drivers are getting better and SLI support is also getting better.

Badboy_12345
05-10-07, 05:37 AM
1) Vista only
2) Pay-to-play online
3) Hope it runs well, because poor performance will be strike three...

I played this on Xbox for months so it won't be a great loss for me, but I hope it pans out well.

what where did you read that its pay to play online????
The online part through windows live is free on the pc...

XxDeadlyxX
05-10-07, 05:49 AM
what where did you read that its pay to play online????
The online part through windows live is free on the pc...

To play against 360 users requires a Gold account with Shadowrun.

Badboy_12345
05-10-07, 05:51 AM
To play against 360 users requires a Gold account with Shadowrun.

yes to play cross-platform you need gold membership..
But to play against others with pc you dont need to pay anything

PaiN
05-10-07, 06:01 AM
imo...Sure Halo2 is going to look dated, but cmon' this is Halo and its about fun game play :)
Halo1 was an old fart by the time it hit PC too, didn't effect my enjoyment of the game one small bit :p

K007
05-10-07, 08:08 AM
imo...Sure Halo2 is going to look dated, but cmon' this is Halo and its about fun game play :)
Halo1 was an old fart by the time it hit PC too, didn't effect my enjoyment of the game one small bit :p

Halo1 back then online was pretty ****..something that was fun maybe 1 or 2 days...kinda like quake 4 online..good for a day or 2..but then its pretty boring after...never enjoyed the online...did enjoy the story/sp

bcrt2000
05-10-07, 09:44 AM
Halo1 back then online was pretty ****..something that was fun maybe 1 or 2 days...kinda like quake 4 online..good for a day or 2..but then its pretty boring after...never enjoyed the online...did enjoy the story/sp
After patches, Halo PC was pretty good (better interface, custom maps, etc). A lot of people are still online these days. But Halo 2 MP is still much better. I know that the people who don't have an Xbox and want to enjoy Halo 2 for its gameplay rather than its graphics, will have a good time with it.

mullet
05-10-07, 11:57 AM
I say Halo 2 will be in the bargain bin in 1 week for 14.99.

XP_GUN
05-10-07, 01:59 PM
12 more days until its relaunch..... Seems so far away since that week I will be studying for finals. :(

I do have a question is this the first time a game was delayed like this 3 days before its release even after it went gold?