PDA

View Full Version : Wii FTW!

TiKiMaN1
05-09-07, 10:25 AM
:tiki:

Last night was one of the most memorable nights of gaming I can recollect. My wife and I played Wii sports for a couple of hours and then I played Zelda TP later. It was awesome! We received the Wii we ordered from GameStop like a week ago. Man....my wife loves bowling and boxing.:D

What really surprised me is just how well the Wii Remote works. I was amazed!:)

I even checked out nVNews last night using the Opera Web Browser.

To all the naysayers about the Wii you probably just need to really give it a try. And if you still have problems with it....well i don't know what to say for you besides the fact that you probably don't like to have a thing called...FUN!:p

Dang I really need to buy some Wii Points there are tons of Virtual Console games I want to download. Donkey Kong Country...Star Fox 64...Contra...Super Mario Bros...the list goes on and on.

I'm in gaming heaven.:D Wii60 FTW! (nana2) (nana2)

Mr_LoL
05-09-07, 10:53 AM
There are simply no games for the wii right now to tempt me into buying one. I cant stand Zelda. The only games I would get for it if I had one are ones that will be released in the future. Metroid and Mario Kart.

TiKiMaN1
05-09-07, 11:12 AM
There are simply no games for the wii right now to tempt me into buying one. I cant stand Zelda. The only games I would get for it if I had one are ones that will be released in the future. Metroid and Mario Kart.

I am very excited for Metroid as well and Mario Kart has always been a blast. I actually really like Zelda.

Wii Sports though I believe will become a nightly ritual in our house.:D

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6169875.html

Nice to know that Nintendo is developing 45 Wii games.

zoomy942
05-09-07, 11:20 AM
check out my sig regularly for games that are great for a husband/wife combo. those are the games i buy... ones i can play alongside my wife:)

couples gaming FTW

evilchris
05-09-07, 11:36 AM
Wii60 ftw

Destroy
05-09-07, 12:32 PM
Played it for many hours at my brotherinlaws, its a fun gimmick but not worth it to me. Gfx are so lacking; see the Spiderman3 pics, BLEH!!

When the Wii 2 comes out and runs at 720p AND more adult games come out, then I'll consider buying one.

TiKiMaN1
05-09-07, 12:42 PM
couples gaming FTW

QFT. :D

CaptNKILL
05-09-07, 12:49 PM
I would buy a Wii if there were some unique adventure or RPG type games coming out for it, on top of the "just fun" stuff that its focusing on now.

It would also kick ass if they made Guitar Hero for the Wii, but I doubt that'll ever happen.

Parts
05-09-07, 04:01 PM
It would also kick ass if they made Guitar Hero for the Wii, but I doubt that'll ever happen.

Already been announced.

Lyme
05-09-07, 05:11 PM
Already been announced.

GH3 for the Wii, 360 and ps3. or something like that.

kev13dd
05-09-07, 05:33 PM
I just played the Wii last night for the first time. It was pretty fun, although I lost 9 times out of 10 at Wii sports against two girls... sigh. We got bored after playing for 5 hours though. Ran out of games to play =(

If I ever make friends I'll probably buy one. Playing Wii for 5 hours was just as entertaining as playing GoW for 6 hours with my buddy was. I think Microsoft was totally right when they encouraged people to get both a Wii and a X360- both offer totally different things that give just as much entertainment

K

Lyme
05-09-07, 06:39 PM
If I ever make friends K

hmm

Clay
05-09-07, 11:06 PM
My wife gave me a Wii for my birthday. I was skeptical when it first came out but I'm really liking it so far. I only have Wii Sports and Wii Play (love the shooting gallery and laser hockey).

nrdstrm
05-10-07, 02:44 AM
I'll be buying one of these pretty soon...As well as a 360 or PS3...Probably sometime this summer...We just seems fun as hell, while my hard core gaming needs will be fullfilled by the 360/PS3 and my PC...

Amuro
05-10-07, 02:57 AM
Trust me the novelty will wear thin. I used to play Wii sports with my son, but not any more unless wife is not home.

Jon
05-10-07, 03:51 AM
I've never been tempted by a wii... but have seen various previews/trailers for RE4 on it... the aiming system looks promising. It looks like they are coming up with a gun grip for the wii remote as well. If they release a wii/gun grip/re4 bundle, I'm getting one.

Amuro
05-10-07, 04:00 AM
Now if they come up with a lightsaber grip for the remote, then I'd be interested. A Star Wars game on the Wii could be very fun.

Clay
05-10-07, 07:01 AM
Trust me the novelty will wear thin. I used to play Wii sports with my son, but not any more unless wife is not home.I'm sure that's possible...I know I'm in full-on "novelty influence" mode right now. :) Two of my friends bought one before I got mine...we have similar tastes and gaming expectations and they're still playing their Wiis quite a bit. Just depends on the person.

Mazztadawn
05-10-07, 01:41 PM
My wife resented me playing video games on my PC or 360, but now she's right into the Wii. Got Super Paper Mario and Zelda with the Wii and now we fight over who gets to play.

We decided to have a match of Wii sports boxing to decide who got to play.......well.......I ended up playing C&C 3 that night. :o