PDA

View Full Version : disabling TurboCache for GeForce 7-series card in XP?

Hso
05-09-07, 11:38 AM
Is it possible in any way to disable/remove TurboCache in XP?
My card is a BFG-brand (mildly overclocked) GeForce 7300gs with 256megs of onboard ram.. however.. it has turbocache.. and it seems to be gobbling up another 256megs of ram from my 1gig of system ram :/

is there any way to disable it?

thanks! >_<

Madpistol
05-09-07, 02:01 PM
My answer would be to download rivatuner from guru3d.com and see if it can be disabled on a driver/bios level. I'm not getting any results as to an easy fix to this problem

Hso
05-09-07, 05:12 PM
hey

i installed rivatuner, had a look around.. couldn't find anything speaking of turbocache at all :/ why do you hate me, nVidia! i have been a loyal(but cheapo) customer! :(

XFX Support
05-10-07, 04:10 PM
TurboCache is an automatic feature and there is no way to disable it. Sorry I know its not the answer you probably wanted to hear.

XFX Support

Tr1cK
05-10-07, 04:11 PM
TurboCache is an automatic feature and there is no way to disable it. Sorry I know its not the answer you probably wanted to hear.

XFX Support

Whats the deal with the 158.22 drivers and Turbocache for 8 series?

Rakeesh
05-10-07, 04:59 PM
Doesn't turbocache just make swapping textures between regular memory and video memory faster?

AFAIK (though I have never done any serious programming for anything 3D before) video cards have always played the memory shuffle game with textures (or at least, the game engines do this anyways,) and turbocache is a feature of some newer cards that enables this process happen more directly at the hardware level, and thus with less noticeable hiccups.