PDA

View Full Version : Am I missing something, or why still no video out with new drivers?

loafer87gt
05-09-07, 12:38 PM
Is there a reason why Nvidia is refusing to add back in the VMR full screen video found in the old control panel into the new sets? It is getting to be a pain in the ass to have to have a second machine just to play videos out to my TV. I know I can install an older driver set and use the control panel hack to enable full screen TV out, but then I lose all the new new AA and transparency AA modes.

Just curious as to why this is taking so long for Nvidia to address.. ??

sharangad
05-10-07, 04:44 PM
Is there a reason why Nvidia is refusing to add back in the VMR full screen video found in the old control panel into the new sets? It is getting to be a pain in the ass to have to have a second machine just to play videos out to my TV. I know I can install an older driver set and use the control panel hack to enable full screen TV out, but then I lose all the new new AA and transparency AA modes.

Just curious as to why this is taking so long for Nvidia to address.. ??

If you switch to the classic control panel via a registry hack, you can reenable this option with nvtweak.

loafer87gt
05-10-07, 08:18 PM
But then you lose the transparency AA features as well as the CSAA modes. :( I just don't understand why Nvidia refuses to add in this functionality into the new control panel.

F_L_C
05-10-07, 08:26 PM
...I just don't understand why Nvidia refuses to add in this functionality into the new control panel.

For the same reason they broke their own overclocking applet (aka CoolBits) and even removed fundamental tools such as temp monitoring. Instead, they purposely set out to cripple the functionality of the control panel as much as possible and calls their actions "in the best interests of our customers".