PDA

View Full Version : Nvidia demos no longer work with 158.18 drivers

Maverickman
05-09-07, 06:53 PM
I'm running Vista 32-bit with my 8800 GTS and 158.18 drivers. Many Nvidia demos that worked before my upgrade from Windows XP no longer work. I'm talking about demos like Timbury, Gas Station, Vulcan, Dusk, Nalu, Mad Mod Mike, etc, They don't work on my friend's computer either. And there is syill no Digital Vibrance. Now, I know many of you probably don't care about these demos, but there are those who do. What is going on with Nvidia? The Forceware drivers for Vista are pathetic!!!!

oozish
05-10-07, 09:38 AM
I don't have those other demos you have (too old) BUT I do have Mad mod mike and it works fine with these (I'm currently using 158.24); also works geoforms, luna, froggy, & adrianne; which I keep installed all the time. Although luna is sort of off center and only runs in 1024x768 as normal, I always have trouble with that demo.

*(*(EDIT)Actually, I just fixed this when I researched it:
"To change the resolution, look in the Luna\bin directory for a file called args.txt. There is a resolution section where you can just uncomment the resolution you want to use (don't forget to comment out the current one if you change things)." Thanks OWA!

Maverickman
05-10-07, 10:45 PM
Nvidia's drivers for Vista still suck. There's no DV, and I'm continually having problems with games like F.E.A.R. Extraction Point.