PDA

View Full Version : New Crackdown DLC = AWESOME

Peoples-Agent
05-10-07, 07:44 AM
Wow, I am gobsmacked...... this has to be the best downloadable content over Xbox Live EVER. Really does set a new bar and standard.

Check it out.....

http://previews.teamxbox.com/xbox-360/1603/Crackdown/p5/

Or snippets for the lazy....

Title Update Items:

Reset Gangs: In place of the current option to reset the city’s crime (unlocked by defeating all 21 bosses), the gangs can now be completely reset in the main campaign.

Easier Orb Hunting: Imagine how great it would be if when searching for the last remaining hidden agility orbs the audio range on each of them got wider as fewer remained; well imagine no longer. Audio ”ping” range is now gradually increased when searching for the last 50 percent of hidden orbs, and 20 percent of agility orbs.

Ground Strike: Available to a four star strength agent only, it is now possible to slam downwards while airborne by holding the attack button. The resulting strike is deadly to anything it hits, with an additional shockwave stunning nearby enemies.

Improved firing over low walls: Agents can now fire downwards at a greater angle while taking partial cover behind a low wall.

Targeting enhancements: Improved target lock prioritization of enemies behind vehicles as well as live enemies over corpses.

Those damn fire hydrants!: The fire hydrants were near indestructible but were also hard to spot. Now, though still best avoided, they can be smashed over for a far less unreasonable penalty.

Stunt Ring Visibility: Stunt Rings are now much easier to locate.

No “Lefty Flip” on vehicle control: Removal of the lefty flip on vehicle control so that left-handed players can aim with the left stick, but still steer with the right stick.

Persisting Charges & Mines: Limpet Charges (and the new Proximity Mines) will persist at all times within the game world and not just when within a certain range of the player.

Distant Explosions: No matter where the explosion(s), players will be able to see them provided they have a line of sight… it’s always a clear day in Pacific City!

Ramp Truck Issues: Some vehicles didn’t seem to get on well with the ramp truck, but we never intended this to be a SUV-only toy. Now none of them can get enough of it!

Camera Enhancements: Better camera for performing vehicle stunts or driving on near vertical surfaces (particularly with Top Level Agency SUV or new Peacekeeper Buggy). Also vertigo-inducing tweaks for those long leaps of faith.

Player to player precision shots: We’ve dropped the PvP lock-on but now another agent can be hit with a head or leg shot using normal targeting.

“Free-For-All Pack” Free Downloadable Content:

Keys to the City: The ultimate Cheat Mode! Enter this mirror of the main Campaign for a clean-slate game that can be fully exploited and customized for a single play session.

(Note: Achievements and leaderboards will be disabled in this mode)

Build a pile of 100 explosive drums at the top of the Agency Tower – then let it rip!

Spawn a ramp truck anywhere, and it’ll stay there

Create an agency vehicle or one of the new Peacekeeper vehicles any time, any place

Players can set character skills however they want them, or just activate the accelerated skill leveling feature (“Crackdown” demo anyone?)

Check out “Super Agent Agility” to jump ridiculous distances, swim faster than a torpedo and sprint faster than a speeding bullet (almost)

Try the “Super Agent Strength” to toss a truck with deadly accuracy further than ever dreamt. Boot enemies into the stratosphere!

Get the most out of the exciting selection of new weaponry by activating infinite ammo. Max out the selection at each supply point too!

Do all of this without skipping a beat of the action – the pop-up cheat menu is always available during play without pausing the game

Vehicle Impounding: The Agency Garage has been given an overhaul; this was partly to accommodate the brand new Peacekeeper Vehicles, but also to allow Agents to impound their favorites so that they’re always available…in their preferred color.

Impounding is simple: commandeer the vehicle and return it to the garage
Vehicles that aren’t yet impounded are displayed as feint images, so players can see at a glance what’s missing from their collection
The “Confiscator” achievement awaits those who simply had to catch ‘em all

“Getting’ Busy Bonus Pack” Premium Downloadable Content:

New Vehicles:

Agency Patrol Buggy:

Double wishbone suspension absorbs the bumps in spectacular fashion
Rides over anything – even when scaling near vertical surfaces
Insane air control
Roof mounted, independently aiming mini-gun activated with either “B” or “Left Bumper”

Agency Pursuit Vehicle:

Ridiculously powerful mono-****pit race car
Acceleration that blows away everything else in the city
Incredible grip and top speed
Those road race leaderboard times are set to tumble!

Agency Armored Vehicle:

Like the Agency Truck, the AAV can smash through barricades with ease
Tank-like in design, occupants are completely protected from assault
Surprisingly fast and agile for its size
Rockets fired from independently aiming main turret with either “B” or “Left Bumper”

And tons more including Street Racing with upto 11 other players over Xbox Live, new equipment and guns into a mini-gun and a cool sounding harpoon gun that can be used to pin enemies onto vehicles, other new game and race modes..... could go on forever.

ENU291
05-10-07, 07:57 AM
WOW!!! :eek: This update looks sweeeeeeeeeet! (nana2) :D

raystorm
05-10-07, 08:12 AM
That is freakin awesome right there. I can FINALLY find the 5 missing agility orbs..i hope. :D Lots of good stuff there to fool around with and I do hope they start working on a big sequel because co-op Crackdown is just good fun!

Namrok
05-10-07, 08:53 AM
Awe man. If I wasn't cutting down on my gaming, I'd definitely get Crackdown now.

Oh well.

superklye
05-10-07, 09:26 AM
I really didn't like the Crackdown demo... :o

Peoples-Agent
05-10-07, 09:51 AM
The demo sucked!

The full game was awesome, with this lot added to it.... wow!

LiquidX
05-10-07, 10:41 AM
Yeah, I didn't like the demo much either and thought playing it would be all I needed. The full game has a lot more to it. It was great fun and addictive.

ENU291
05-10-07, 11:03 AM
Crackdown in Coop mode is the most fun I've had since I've owned my 360! The game's a blast to play.

Peoples-Agent
05-10-07, 12:42 PM
Crackdown in Coop mode is the most fun I've had since I've owned my 360! The game's a blast to play.

Just wait till you hit co-op with all this new stuff and the gangs turned back on , its gonna be amazing.

Pinning people to cars.... a new super agent mode , wonder how far you can jump in that.

kev13dd
05-10-07, 02:10 PM
I really didn't like the Crackdown demo... :o
I didn't either, then I rented it and loved it

I'll probably buy it eventually too, 2 months of renting wasn't even enough to satisfy me and I expected to get bored incredibly quick

K

tornadog
05-10-07, 02:48 PM
dang I never gave this game more than 10 minutes...I guess I will have to dig up the disk from my mountain pile!!!

sytaylor
05-10-07, 05:09 PM
That REALLY adds to the game.

ViN86
05-11-07, 12:57 PM
:headbang:

crainger
05-12-07, 07:21 AM
Wow just finished playing, the new content is awesome. Best download ever! Can't save in Keys to the City mode, but that's ok. The game is finishable in one sitting with godmode on ;)

Well looks like I'm back on the crack... Sorry Shivering Isles. I'm working for the Agency for the time being.

Well back I go :D

crainger
05-13-07, 02:28 AM
Just a bump with the following link http://forums.crackdownoncrime.com/forums/thread/29363.aspx

There seems to be a bug with co-op and the update that can cause you to lose your save games.

Peoples-Agent
05-13-07, 04:19 AM
Just a bump with the following link http://forums.crackdownoncrime.com/forums/thread/29363.aspx

There seems to be a bug with co-op and the update that can cause you to lose your save games.

Think I deleted mine already after trading the game in, so doesn't bother me.
Be starting afresh once new copy comes from eBay.

Haven't they released a new update for this problem, I heard?

crainger
05-13-07, 06:22 PM
I hope they have fixed it. As the post said, they were working to have one out ASAP.