PDA

View Full Version : Halo 3 has over 4million pre-orders in NA alone ?

Pages : [1] 2

kaltek
05-10-07, 10:13 AM
http://www.thatxbox360blog.com/2007/05/10/halo-3-over-4-million-pre-orders/

If this is really true then damn, this game is going to break a few records.

KasuCode
05-10-07, 10:18 AM
Ive had mine preodered for awhile.

Lyme
05-10-07, 10:55 AM
Ive had mine preodered for awhile.

ditto

|MaguS|
05-10-07, 01:28 PM
I don't believe it... MS just recently announced that 5 million people have actually played Halo 2 online and I dout 4 million of them would run out and preorder the game.

superklye
05-10-07, 01:42 PM
I really should get Halo and Halo 2. I loved the Marathon series from back in the early/mid-90s and this is as close as I'm ever going to get to a proper sequel.

kev13dd
05-10-07, 02:05 PM
I never really thought about preordering it, that probably makes more sense than just looking for it when it comes out

Add one more to that few million

And about how many people have played Halo online- I bought both Halos and wanted Halo 3 before I had even played Halo online once. Just because 5 million play online doesn't mean 4 million wanting a single/multiplayer game is outlandish

K

Lyme
05-10-07, 03:19 PM
I don't believe it... MS just recently announced that 5 million people have actually played Halo 2 online and I dout 4 million of them would run out and preorder the game.

What is the online attach rate of the 360 quoted by MS 50%-60%? Wasn't the original xbox around the 20%-30%?

If you assume that most of the 5mil that played halo2 online were on the xbox. Your looking at a large number of those who currently own halo2 having never played online. (note: this is speculation, and may not represent reality).

SuperKyle, if you decide to get halo/halo2. Try to find the halo/halo2/halo2 1st map pack bundle, saves time and money.

H3avyM3tal
05-10-07, 03:34 PM
I can't even begin to fathom that.

I'm about to purchase a 360 for Forza 2, but I honestly have no interest in Halo at all. The first two games weren't bad by any means. I considered them to be" slightly above average".....but 4 million pre-orders? That is insane. I can't believe so many people are into Halo. It just isn't THAT good. :headexplode:

I actually decided to look at some reviews of Halo and Halo 2, and for some reason I even expected the review scores to be in the 7-8 range. I guess I'm just in the minority.

I just honestly can not STAND the stupid ass noises the covenant aliens made. They sounded like chipmunks....and spoke English. Just ruined the mood for me.

From what I know, ppl play halo for its multiplayer part. Thats the sole reason that game is so successful.

thor1182
05-10-07, 03:53 PM
it also actually has a story in it too. Something lacking in most FPS these days.

|MaguS|
05-10-07, 03:55 PM
it also actually has a story in it too. Something lacking in most FPS these days.

Yes but like many FPS its a generic and poorly written story.

MustangSVT
05-10-07, 03:57 PM
From what I know, ppl play halo for its multiplayer part. Thats the sole reason that game is so successful.
That's incorrect. The first Halo didn't have multiplayer and the online percentage for Xbox1 must be around 5 to 10%. I never played Halo 2 online for example and I still think it's a really great game. It's got really good co-op, really good split screen and a very good singleplayer, this goes for both Halo 1 and Halo 2.

kev13dd
05-10-07, 04:01 PM
That's incorrect. The first Halo didn't have multiplayer and the online percentage for Xbox1 must be around 5 to 10%. I never played Halo 2 online for example and I still think it's a really great game. It's got really good co-op, really good split screen and a very good singleplayer, this goes for both Halo 1 and Halo 2.
Ha ha you might want to change that to "online multiplayer". Halo 1 had multiplayer, an amazing multiplayer I might add

And before anyone (Magus perhaps) tears into him saying that it DOESN'T have a very good singleplayer and whatnot, we get it. Not everyone agrees. Not everyone likes Halo. But the game has sold pretty well, and just because the game doesn't agree with you doesn't mean it's impossible for 4 million people to want the game preordered

K

|MaguS|
05-10-07, 04:03 PM
Ha ha you might want to change that to "online multiplayer". Halo 1 had multiplayer, an amazing multiplayer I might add

And before anyone (Magus perhaps) tears into him saying that it DOESN'T have a very good singleplayer and whatnot, we get it. Not everyone agrees. Not everyone likes Halo. But the game has sold pretty well, and just because the game doesn't agree with you doesn't mean it's impossible for 4 million people to want the game preordered

K

It's Coop was awsome, I really enjoyed Halo 1/2 for its coop but as a game to play on my own I got extremely bored really quick. One thing that I liked about Halo 1 over the second was lack of cutscenes, in Halo 2 there were many parts that removed the view from the players perspective, I don't remember that happening in the original.

kev13dd
05-10-07, 04:06 PM
It's Coop was awsome, I really enjoyed Halo 1/2 for its coop but as a game to play on my own I got extremely bored really quick. One thing that I liked about Halo 1 over the second was lack of cutscenes, in Halo 2 there were many parts that removed the view from the players perspective, I don't remember that happening in the original.
Agreed on EVERYTHING. Co-op is the only thing that I play in Halo when it comes to singleplayer. I've beat the game once (and I think that was only Halo 1) on my own, but beside that I can't get 5 minutes into it with someone playing with me. I'm assuming Halo 3 will have online Co-op, but I think nothing compares to playing Co-op in a big screen with friends in the room

And the cutscenes? God lord, I swear the actual play time was about as long as the cutscenes

K

thor1182
05-10-07, 04:09 PM
Yes but like many FPS its a generic and poorly written story.
you might not have liked it, but the whole story line was original and good compared to the likes of Doom 3, HL2 ...

My opinion on the story might be a bit altered because I red the books so I have a lot more back story to a lot of the universe than the people that just played the game. However to really get the full force of the story, you have to play on legendary to get some of the better humor that they put in.

How many FPS games on consoles had single/split screen co-op built in? Halo 1 had one the the arguably best network multi player for any game of its time. Parts in the Halo 1 multi is better than what they have in Halo 2. With xbox connect you could take halo 1 online if you wanted to, and many people still do.

Halo 2 pushed the envelope for the xbox live experience in terms of leader boards, and other interface options.

I could make a rebuttal to the people not believing that it could do well, in a similar fashion. "The PS3 is so mediocre, how did it ever to the 3 mil mark?" (popcorn)

|MaguS|
05-10-07, 04:09 PM
Last game I have preordered was um... EQ2 I think... I rarely do now because you can usually pick up any game upon its release.

thor1182
05-10-07, 04:10 PM
I may be mistaken, but last I checked I think there were around 10 million 360s worldwide. It just seems crazy to me that 40% of 360 owners have already pre-ordered the game (most people I know don't go through the trouble of pre-ordering any game).

I'm not sure of the exact number of 360s in NA alone...but lets say that there are 7 million: That means that 57% of 360 owners have already pre-ordered the game. That number just sounds more than a bit outlandish to me.

there are a lot of people waiting to get the 360 until Halo 3 came out

Lyme
05-10-07, 05:07 PM
there are a lot of people waiting to get the 360 until Halo 3 came out

Strange, but true.

MustangSVT
05-10-07, 05:11 PM
57% of 360 owners have pre-ordered Halo 3? That sounds a bit ridiculous now. I know about 5 other people with 360s and also myself, and none of them (or me) have pre-ordered Halo 3.

Where does this 4 million preorder number come from? Maybe it's 400,000 pre-orders worldwide.

kev13dd
05-10-07, 10:50 PM
New Halo 3 video (from the beta, user made- don't bitch about it not being perfect)

http://www.bungie.net/News/content.aspx?type=news&cid=12432

K

|MaguS|
05-10-07, 10:52 PM
New Halo 3 video (from the beta, user made- don't bitch about it not being perfect)

http://www.bungie.net/News/content.aspx?type=news&cid=12432

K

I know you all think im a bias fanboy and I know I am but come on that does not look X360 quality at all. Halo 2 for PC looks better then that!

This video is in decent quality so you can get an impression of the graphics quality... or lack of.

Ninja Prime
05-10-07, 11:03 PM
I know you all think im a bias fanboy...

Yep. All of us. Even the new guy already knows it. ;)

|MaguS|
05-10-07, 11:06 PM
Yep. All of us. Even the new guy already knows it. ;)

Did ya miss the "and I know I am"? :p

BTW Its not a diss at the X360, I just think the system could make the game look far better then what we are seeing. It looks like they took the Halo 2 code and improved it rather then rewriting a new engine for a more powerful console.

MustangSVT
05-11-07, 12:11 AM
That video looks a bit better than Halo 2.

I'll reserve my judgement until I get to play the game myself.

ViN86
05-11-07, 12:13 AM
i believe it. the game has a following.

even if it sucks, Halo fanatics will be like "zzOMG, 7h15 15 t3h b3s7 H4L0 EVARRR!!!!1111111"

the game's slightly above average in my book. ill be playing the beta in a couple weeks. then ill determine whether or not ill buy it.

I know you all think im a bias fanboy and I know I am but come on that does not look X360 quality at all. Halo 2 for PC looks better then that!

This video is in decent quality so you can get an impression of the graphics quality... or lack of.
allegedly, the beta will only cover the MP aspect of the game, with practically Halo2-esque graphics. the final graphics touches will be included in the retail release.

PS, dont shoot the messenger, this is what i heard. ill try and find a link.