PDA

View Full Version : Condemned 2: Bloodshot

karkrash81
05-10-07, 03:40 PM
http://ve3d.ign.com/articles/787/787134p1.html

Dreamingawake
05-10-07, 03:55 PM
this will probably be a pretty cool game.

the first one definitely rocked.:captnkill:

Namrok
05-10-07, 03:58 PM
Great news! I loved Condemned, been waiting for a sequel.

|MaguS|
05-10-07, 04:21 PM
Im not sure this one will turn out so well, its not going to be developed by Monolith Productions who were the original developers since they are now owned by Warner.

karkrash81
05-10-07, 04:27 PM
"Developed by the renowned Monolith Productions, creators of the original Condemned game, Condemned 2: Bloodshot is slated to ship in early 2008 for the Xbox 360 videogame and entertainment system from Microsoft and PLAYSTATION 3 computer entertainment system."

Sounds like Monolith is still making this one....

Warner Brothers owned monolith since 2004 and I think Monolith still acts as its own development house within the Warner Brothers Corporation....

|MaguS|
05-10-07, 04:28 PM
"Developed by the renowned Monolith Productions, creators of the original Condemned game, Condemned 2: Bloodshot is slated to ship in early 2008 for the Xbox 360 videogame and entertainment system from Microsoft and PLAYSTATION 3 computer entertainment system."

Sounds like Monolith is still making this one....

Warner Brothers owned monolith since 2004 and I think Monolith still acts as its own development house within the Warner Brothers Corporation....

Hmm weird, Whats the point of owning a development studio if your going to allow them to make games for another company...

karkrash81
05-10-07, 04:34 PM
I'm not sure but I think Monolith lucked out since a former employee (Samantha Ryan) is a senior VP at Warner Bros Interactive. http://www.timewarner.com/corp/newsroom/pr/0,20812,1586520,00.html

I'm sure Warner Bros gets a cut of the money.

If I remember from Condemned thee game is opened with a Sega and WB logo...

|MaguS|
05-10-07, 04:41 PM
Thought it was because WB bought them right before the game released, they weren't going to cancel the game that was done but they wanted to stamp it with their name.

karkrash81
05-10-07, 04:57 PM
I'm not sure about what happened with condemned but I'm fairly certain that Monolith is still a separated unit within WB Interactive. Maybe a similar relationship to the Rare/Microsoft situation. Microsoft bought Rare but let them remain as a studio within the larger corp...

Like how Activision owns Raven software, Neversoft, infinity ward, and treyarch.

|MaguS|
05-10-07, 05:01 PM
No, RARE only developes titles for MS now ... Most development studios within a company keep their own name but are owned by a larger company, look at Naughty Dog. These two companies have a very different relationship then what were seeing with Monolith who is owned by another company but can continue developing games for a seperate company.

karkrash81
05-10-07, 05:07 PM
I think Activision is similar to what WB Interactive is. Treyarch owned by Activision developed Spiderman 2/3 movie games....

Sega is the publisher of the game. I guess owning a studio doesn't necessarily mean they publish it...I don't really know how these corporate relationships work...

|MaguS|
05-10-07, 05:08 PM
Spiderman 2/3 are on all the platforms and they were published by Activision. Sony only owns the movie rights, Activision owns the game rights... when it comes to comic book character licensing and rights gets weird...

karkrash81
05-10-07, 05:19 PM
Sega may own the copyright to the Condemned brand, much like Sierra holds the copyright to the FEAR name...

I guess the relationship between Sega and Monolith didn't seem that weird to me...Monolith is subset of Warner Brothers, it's essentially Sega hiring WB to make a game for them to publish...that's my take on it. Lucasarts hires other developers owned by other publishers to make games (Raven) and usually works out a publishing deal where Lucasarts publishes in the USA and Activision overseas. Who knows...

Anyway I'm fairly confident Condemned 2 will maintain or exceed the quality level set by Monolith in the past (except for Contract JACK)

|MaguS|
05-10-07, 05:21 PM
We do not mention Contract JACK... EVER!

karkrash81
05-10-07, 05:37 PM
That's the only bad game by Monolith I have played, though my first Monolith game was NOLF...so I can't really speak about Blood 2, or Sanity

NaitoSan
05-10-07, 07:52 PM
Dammit why can't Monolith do other BLOOD game? :( Blood 2 sucked so bad but better than Contract JACK. (sorry had to mention it again)

I wish they release BLOOD source so we'd be able to play it in Windows.

karkrash81
05-10-07, 08:55 PM
Yo quiero NOLF 3!

back on topic...the new deathmatch sounds interesting... hope it's even more disturbing than the first :headexplode: