PDA

View Full Version : Nvidia & Intel VS. ATI & AMD & Microsoft

MaXThReAT
05-10-07, 02:41 PM
I was just sitting wondering and thinking about the future of gaming as we know it and in all honestly I don't see NV holding the crown through the next 5 years. My main consideration in this theory is that ATI has a superior knowledge of the forthcoming DX10 API it's usage and how new games will be using it through their relationship with MS. Hellgate, UT, Shadowrun and so on. I would imagine anything that is being published for the 360 and making it's way to PC would prefer ATI hardware over NV. I expect AlenWake to be one of the few titles that will be optimized more towards NV but anything that MS touches, AMDTI will have a MS's window that will help them optimize and make planes for the future. Again, it's just a theory, what do you guys think.

monly
05-10-07, 03:41 PM
I think your off your tits because at the moment Nvidia are kicking arse and look to continue doing so

Treason
05-10-07, 04:03 PM
AMD is in absolutely no position to even come close to nVidia's market share, innovation, and technical knowledge know-how at the moment. AMD is better off concentrating on their integrated solutions rather than discrete solutions.

I haven't seen any news that AMD and Microsoft will collaborate on the next iteration of the 360. PC-wise though, it's another story with Microsoft's Games for Windows moniker. It's all about drivers and Microsoft wants their branded games to work for all Vista solutions. And we know where the driver situation is right now for both red and green camps.

|MaguS|
05-10-07, 04:06 PM
I would think it would have been Nvidia and MS considering that most PC games have the Nvidia TWIMTBP logo on them.

Redeemed
05-10-07, 04:09 PM
I would think it would have been Nvidia and MS considering that most PC games have the Nvidia TWIMTBP logo on them.

Well, ATi does have "Get In The Game"- or am I thinking of something entirely different?

john19055
05-10-07, 05:13 PM
I don't see where you get ATI and AMD is going to be so much better ,Nvidia has had a DX10 card out for over six months now and ATI/AMD still has'nt got there slow delayed DX10 card out and when they do it is still going to be slower then a six month old card and I would assume more and more game companies are going to use nvidia hardware to run there games .Games that started devolment in the past six months only had one card to choose from if they are going to make a DX10 game.Even if they are both supposed to use the same standards,who would you want to go with a company that is 6 months behind or one that has had a DX10 card out for six months.Plus nvidia has plenty of money for new devolments,i am sure that nvidia already has a next gerneration card ready to tape out.But since ATI/AMD kinda blew it on this DX10 card ,nvidia don't have to rush to get anything out right now since the 8800ultra is way faster then the 2900XTX,I look for ATI/AMD to start focusing on intergrated video for motherboards and maybe just the mid to low range cards ,AMD is still haveing to come up with a answer to the Core 2 Duo.and the core 2 Duo quad.I think I would rather be sitting in nvidia shoes then ATI/AMD ,since nvidia just has to worry about there video card and motherboards,while AMD has to worry about a new video card as well as a new CPU as well as motherboards.

|MaguS|
05-10-07, 05:47 PM
Well, ATi does have "Get In The Game"- or am I thinking of something entirely different?

Thats EA isn't it? "It's in the Game!"... Thought ATI was "The way your ment to wait.".

Redeemed
05-10-07, 06:02 PM
http://www.tweakers.net/ext/i.dsp/1089103938.jpg

Well, found the logo but it seems ATi dropped that campaign for some reason. Can't find much else other than the logo.

Madpistol
05-10-07, 07:02 PM
The EA sports logo is "It's in the game"

My guess is that EA threatened to file a lawsuit against ATI, and that made ATI drop their slogan. ATI is in no position to get tied up in a lawsuit when they're already incredibly starved for money.

MaXThReAT
05-11-07, 02:48 PM
I'm not thinking in the present guys I'm talking about five years from now. Ten even.

KasuCode
05-11-07, 03:00 PM
DX12 GOOOO Were all going to be dead from death reality technology.

Abren
05-15-07, 05:43 AM
DX12 GOOOO Were all going to be dead from death reality technology.
Lmao(nana2)

Dragunov
05-15-07, 05:47 AM
Call of Juarez was the ATI benchmark to show their superiority in DX10, but Nvidia won most of the tests

What started out as a benchmark that was sure to destroy NVIDIA and praise ATI actually showed that NVIDIA had better image quality and performed better at lower (playable) resolutions. Oh Snap!

http://www.legitreviews.com/article/504/3/