PDA

View Full Version : Please help ! I dont want to return my 8800GTX !

turdhat
05-12-07, 08:14 AM
I use an hdtv for my primary display and to get rid of overscan I use a custom res of 1240x700. On my 1900 this works perfectly with the aid of powerstrip with the 8800 powerstrip does not work.

I added 1240x700 to custom resolutions in the nvidia control panal and when it switches to it that res the display is really screwed up. The my tv says its in 800x600 mode and I have no clue on how to fix this. I messed with the advanced timings for 6 hours last night and could not get a 1:1 pixle mapping and 1240x700 to work over vga(tv has vga in) or dvi. I used the overscan compensation tool and it caused the image to scale (major loss in clarity) and the reg hack for the older control panel all with the same results. I really want to keep this card because its just so fast however I can not spend $550.00 for these results. I know powerstrip might support the 8800 series later but it seems for now I am SOL. Anyone have any suggestions ? I am desparate here !

Redeemed
05-12-07, 02:15 PM
I use an hdtv for my primary display and to get rid of overscan I use a custom res of 1240x700. On my 1900 this works perfectly with the aid of powerstrip with the 8800 powerstrip does not work.

I added 1240x700 to custom resolutions in the nvidia control panal and when it switches to it that res the display is really screwed up. The my tv says its in 800x600 mode and I have no clue on how to fix this. I messed with the advanced timings for 6 hours last night and could not get a 1:1 pixle mapping and 1240x700 to work over vga(tv has vga in) or dvi. I used the overscan compensation tool and it caused the image to scale (major loss in clarity) and the reg hack for the older control panel all with the same results. I really want to keep this card because its just so fast however I can not spend $550.00 for these results. I know powerstrip might support the 8800 series later but it seems for now I am SOL. Anyone have any suggestions ? I am desparate here !

LOL- turdhat, that name is teh funneh. :lol:

Okay... try running it the highest HD res your tv supports. You shouldn't have to run it at that custom res.