PDA

View Full Version : Company of Heroes Video issue

mexpak
05-12-07, 11:53 AM
I've had an issue with every single driver that Nvidia has released so far. From the 100.65's to the 158.18's. Basically, I'll be playing the game for a random amount of time, and it's destined to lock up. I can still move the mouse around, the music still plays, but the screen just freezes. Can't pan, access menus or anything. I can still hop right back to windows, as it's not locking my whole machine up.

The one workaround I have for this is to revert to the drivers that Vista shipped with. The game doesn't run quite as smooth, but it doesn't lock up either. CoH is the only game I have any sort of issue with that requires me to do that.

Has anyone else experienced this, or know of a way to fix it?

Windows Ultimate x86
Core 2 Duo E6300
2GB RAM
7900GT

Muppet
05-14-07, 04:07 AM
I have also had this issue, but it doesn't happen all the time. I haven't come up with a fix as of yet.

doubledoom
05-14-07, 05:24 PM
It's a known bug. Turn textures down from ultra to high. It's mentioned in the relic forums.

mexpak
05-14-07, 05:50 PM
I'm pretty sure its different from that bug, as I never have my textures set to Ultra. They're either medium or high, and I still get it. My card also doesn't fit the pre-requisite of having greater than 256MB memory to bring that bug about.

It might be related though.