PDA

View Full Version : Could it be bad XP set up?

Technoholic
05-12-07, 03:30 PM
Today after an hour or so I was playing S.T.A.L.K.E.R., and I get the error code 0x8E. Other error code I get was 0x7F (or F7), and I tried to research whether to see if it was RAM, to see what error it was related.....

I have used nLite to use NVRAID drivers embedded with XP, then burn to CD and make it bootable.

And lately, I have changed my RAM, and installed my new video card, 8800GTX and drivers cleaned up the nVidia drivers. Then freshly installed the video drivers.

Then I also decided to clean up the chipset drivers because I did some research on my error code 0x7F (or F7) and it was related with chipset issue. After reinstalling the chipset drivers, and I played and left my computer running STALKER for many hours last night, and no problem at all.

But today, this afternoon, I finally get this full error code line: 0x0000008E (0xC00005, 0xBFC6B902, 0xA1B6B204, 0x00000000). And I researched and no luck. the 0x8E error is related with some automatic or rebooting.

This is making me realize is it my set up that gone bad? Do I have to do it all over again? I have my two 36GB Raptors on RAID0. I embedded the NVRAID the latest version in the XP set up files with nLite. I used it, the set up was smooth, and now I'm getting different types of errors.

Conclusion, anyone?

Many thanks.

kevJ420
05-12-07, 06:00 PM
This probably won't be much help, but I'll try anyway.

1. Do you have the latest bios?
2. either memory module have settings too fast, voltage too high/low?
3. I could recommend registry mechanic.

Technoholic
05-13-07, 01:24 AM
1. Motherboard BIOS you speak of?
2. Memory timing is @ 4-4-4-15, @ 2.1v [[I feel this is too high when the standard is @ 1.9v, I will down it to 2v]]
3. What is register mechanic?

Thank you for your reply. :)