PDA

View Full Version : Nforce 590 sli slow boot?

Cached
05-13-07, 01:18 AM
Hi all,
I've tried everything and have found myself here looking for some desperate help. I've built a new pc (new from my neck of the woods and budget anyways):
Nforce 590 SLI deluxe (M2N32SLI)
BIOS: Asus m2n32-sli deluxe acpi bios revision 0706 08/21/2006
Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 ST3500630AS 500GB
AMD Athlon 64 X2 processor: 5000+
Geforce 7600GT
After a fresh install of Winxp it takes tooo long to get to the logon screen. During the winxp logo screen it scrolls about 25 times. I then installed the updated nforce 9.35 drivers and graphics driver but it still loaded slow.
I updated the Sata Link Controller to 1.0.19.0 but still the same.
The serial ata controller driver is v5.10.2600.667.

I noticed in the event logs everytime it boots it shows device identified, souce: nvata - event id 2 but im not sure if this is normal.

FYI: I tried disabling command queueing; there are no disk read errors in the logs; there is a small delay between accessing folders which doesnt seem right; all games play perfectly fine on max settings;
The transfer mode for harddisk is sata g1-1.5G with write caching enabled. The speed test shows treory limit of 150 and burst 100 with sustained speed of 43... actually i think it was 60 before I upgraded the Sata Link Controller to 1.0.19.0

I installed windows 64bit and had the same issue but it was a bit quicker to load... could there be a bios settings im missing here? or updated driver somewhere.. known issues with this hardware?

Any ideas would be appreciated...

Cached
05-14-07, 04:56 PM
Just thought I would post what the issue was. :cool:
I reinstalled winxp sp2 slip streamed and installed everything driver by driver looking for issues. Its the soundmax drivers causing disk access time to delay like half a second (extremely noticeable) to a second and extremely slow startup. AD1988B after applying the MS hotfix for HD audio.

I'll get a soundcard today and move on with my life.