PDA

View Full Version : Serious Sam 3 announcement soon?

jAkUp
05-13-07, 01:45 PM
Hopefully this one is better than the last...

http://www.seriouszone.com/

The May 2007 issue of Croatia's Gameplay magazine has an 8-page interview with Davor Hunski, Alen Ladavac, and Roman Ribaric of Croteam and images of Serious Sam 3, Serious Engine 3, and Croteam's next project. According to the interview, the next project is a "military tactical-action shooter" set in the present, featuring "in your face" fast-paced modern combat action and think-before-you-shoot gameplay. The game will make use of Serious Engine 3. Images of the game mostly just show settings and character, weapon, and vehicle models.

kevJ420
05-13-07, 02:00 PM
I don't really see why everyone thought Serious Sam 2 sucked.

Other than the fact that it shipped on a ****load of CD's, it was pretty damn good.

CaptNKILL
05-13-07, 03:57 PM
I got so annoyed with the first one that I used cheats through the last few levels.

It just got too crazy.

Played the demo of the 2nd encounter and SS2 and they didn't seem all that interesting.

It was nice that they released a decent game with a good engine at a budget price though. SS1 was only $19.99 most places when it was released.

grey_1
05-13-07, 04:12 PM
SS2 had one or 2 decent levels, but they tried way to hard with their trademark "outrageous" character development, and the levels had none of the flow the first 2 games did.

BioHazZarD
05-13-07, 05:48 PM
The game was fun for very short periods, i actually bought the game but never bothered to play it got bored real quick.

Mike89
05-13-07, 10:27 PM
You must not like to shoot very much then. The game may be some things but boring it's not. Get bored and get dead real quick! More enemies in Serious Sam (either one) than the next ten games combined. Definitely got to be 'in the mood' to play the Serious Sams (Sam don't FK around, heh heh). It's like, 'take a deep breath' cause you're gonna be in for some action. I liked the SS series. Looking forward to what the croat team comes up with next. I know it will be good.

SOAD
05-14-07, 06:30 AM
Serious Sam 1+2nd encouinter rocked !!!! :captnkill:

Me and my 2 brothers used to play on the same pc.

Then Serious Sam 2 came out :thumbdwn: No co operative :(

and like 10x less enemies :rolleyes:

walterman
05-14-07, 07:52 AM
Good news !

Serious Sam games rock for lan "cooperative" games !

Ywap
05-14-07, 10:16 AM
I don't really see why everyone thought Serious Sam 2 sucked.

Other than the fact that it shipped on a ****load of CD's, it was pretty damn good.

I canīt see why people thought it sucked either...

I would rate it "Super Awesome", 10/10 if you like. I love it :)

Crow_Nest
05-15-07, 10:19 AM
I loved First Encounter. Everyday i would come back home from school and immedately start playing co-op online. It was just so addictive and fun. Too bad SS2 was something completely different though.