PDA

View Full Version : Messenger and 360 - Username Problems

GamerGuyX
05-13-07, 02:55 PM
Now that the Spring update has been released and Windows Live Messenger is now available for use on the 360 a friend of mine has ran into a few problems. Mainly in regards to his username when using Messenger on his 360. For some reason it displays his username as his first name and last initial without giving him the ability to change it.

Now what's really wierd is that he's able to use the name he wants on Messenger when he's on his PC. When he changes his username in the options menu of Messenger it's fine but those changes are not reflected on his 360. Also, he's not sure why Messenger input his username as his first name and last initial in the first place.

If anyone has any clue as to why these issues are taking place any help would be appreciated.

Peoples-Agent
05-13-07, 03:52 PM
I had the very same problem, but have found a way around it.

http://webmessenger.msn.com/

Log in with the usual passport / email address, and double click on your username at the top and change it.

This will now become your MSN name on the 360.

It's weird how it works, seems the online Web Messenger and 360 MSN are one in the same and on the PC is treated as a seperate entity.

The Wanderer
05-13-07, 05:13 PM
Thanks again for finding a solution for me. I dont go on forums that much so I ask GGX who goes on here alot and helps me find a solution through the forums.

Peoples-Agent
05-13-07, 08:21 PM
This one had me going nuts, mine was set to an offensive name I set while drunk months ago on the PC, for some reason it kept resorting back to it. LOL
Got fed up with the good and bad messages being sent to me about it.

ajay()
05-14-07, 12:22 PM
I had the very same problem, but have found a way around it.

http://webmessenger.msn.com/

Log in with the usual passport / email address, and double click on your username at the top and change it.

This will now become your MSN name on the 360.

It's weird how it works, seems the online Web Messenger and 360 MSN are one in the same and on the PC is treated as a seperate entity.

This had me bugged for days, thanks a lot (nana2)