PDA

View Full Version : What's the exact reason the VC doesn't yet have the majority of Nintendo classics?

kevJ420
05-13-07, 07:28 PM
I'm quite puzzled as to why the VC doesn't have Super Metroid, and the very best of the 1990s by Hudson like Super AI 1/2, Hagane, Super Bomberman 2/3/4/5 and a whole ****load of other classics.

Why are there so few games considering the size of the Super NES' original library?

Is the Wii so weak that it's PowerPC can't effortlessly emulate **** that ran on the Super NES's 65c816?

Is Nintendo withholding them, out of fear of when Sony catches up, they'll have something new (if and only if Sony catches up)?

Are the 3rd parties witholding them (not that there's anything wrong with that)?

GamerGuyX
05-13-07, 07:42 PM
Argh! Your one of those people that whenever I see post I just get pissed off. http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e182/1337_GamerGuyX/bang.gif

Am_I_Evil
05-13-07, 07:50 PM
why would Nintendo release every great game at once? that makes no sense at all from a business standpoint...

but what does make sense is to release them little by little and release the bigger, more sought after games during lulls in new Wii games being released....or at least releasing them all fairly slowly with fairly known rare gems in between...both of which Nintendo seem to be doing...

ViN86
05-14-07, 08:08 AM
Argh! Your one of those people that whenever I see post I just get pissed off. http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e182/1337_GamerGuyX/bang.gif
QFT

zoomy942
05-14-07, 08:30 AM
they are saving the big releases for the times when they have a first party game drought. simple as that.

Namrok
05-14-07, 09:07 AM
they are saving the big releases for the times when they have a first party game drought. simple as that.

What would you call now? If this isn't a drought I don't know what is :p I think it might have more to do with timing. They released some of the old school Zelda's after Twilight Princess, probably trying to ride the interest it created. They'll probably release Super Mario Brother's 3 and whatever the SNES Mario was before or after Galaxy hits. Same for Super Metroid and Metroid Prime 3.

zoomy942
05-14-07, 09:19 AM
What would you call now? If this isn't a drought I don't know what is :p I think it might have more to do with timing. They released some of the old school Zelda's after Twilight Princess, probably trying to ride the interest it created. They'll probably release Super Mario Brother's 3 and whatever the SNES Mario was before or after Galaxy hits. Same for Super Metroid and Metroid Prime 3.

good call:) i wouldnt say this is a drought though.. i am still loving the games i have and i'm not quite aching for a new one yet.

but mario party is coming soon:)

stevemedes
05-14-07, 10:12 AM
Do they have Battletoads? :headexplode:

zoomy942
05-14-07, 10:15 AM
nope. not yet:( and no Pirates either:(

ViN86
05-14-07, 12:29 PM
I'm quite puzzled as to why the VC doesn't have Super Metroid, and the very best of the 1990s by Hudson like Super AI 1/2, Hagane, Super Bomberman 2/3/4/5 and a whole ****load of other classics.

Why are there so few games considering the size of the Super NES' original library?

Is the Wii so weak that it's PowerPC can't effortlessly emulate **** that ran on the Super NES's 65c816?

Is Nintendo withholding them, out of fear of when Sony catches up, they'll have something new (if and only if Sony catches up)?

Are the 3rd parties witholding them (not that there's anything wrong with that)?
the exact reason is because you touch yourself at night :headexplode: