PDA

View Full Version : Nvidia - Voltage of teh composite signal???

jochenz
03-25-03, 03:30 PM
I am using the RCA composite TV-Out of my Geforce 2 MX Videocard to play AVI-files on my widescreen TV.

The strange thing is that when I connect the cable from my computer to the TV, then I feel a small voltage/surge when I touch the connector from the cable and the TV connector at the same time before connecting them...

The strange thing is that when I connect my videocamera to the video-IN RCA connector on my TV everything is ok. Then I dont feel a small voltage when touching the two connectors.

Does this mean that my videocard is broken? It plays just fine, but I find it strange that I feel this small voltage...

please can somebody help...is this normal?

Gargr
03-25-03, 03:48 PM
It's normal

jochenz
03-29-03, 10:12 AM
Originally posted by Gargr
It's normal

are you sure?

Why is there a small current coming from my computer? and not from my videocamera?

-=DVS=-
03-29-03, 10:17 AM
your camera is low voltage product :rolleyes:
stuff always sends more voltage throu bigger equipment like PC & TV
i know its silly explanation but its all i can thing of , for a moment

edit: maybe becouse some items needs to be grounded :rolleyes: :confused:

harl
03-30-03, 07:41 AM
Is the ground Voltaje
Your Camera is not conected to
the ground.

Check out your power conectors

PreservedSwine
03-30-03, 02:10 PM
The strange thing is that when I connect the cable from my computer to the TV, then I feel a small voltage/surge when I touch the connector from the cable and the TV connector at the same time before connecting them...
Something is NOT grounded during that time, thus any current leakage will use you for the ground, until the receptacles are plugged in correctly

MuFu
03-30-03, 03:28 PM
I disagree, it's completely normal.

You think PC gear has issues when it comes to this? A/V setups can be so much worse! :eek:

MuFu.

jochenz
03-31-03, 11:54 PM
Ooke,

thanks for all the replies. I will try to ground my TV and computer. Although I think my TVs powerplug cannot be grounded.

But I'll see if grounding my computer helps....