PDA

View Full Version : SCDA to be fixed in future driver

ASUSEN7900GTX
05-15-07, 10:42 AM
So this is what i got from Nvidia today about SCDA and i quote

"............Thank you for the information. I really appreciate that you have updated to the latest patches for the game. There seems to a known issue with the game and the driver. Please accept my apologies for the inconvenience caused to you. We are working toward fixing the issue in the future release of the driver............."

ok this may not be news to ya all but this is the answser among a few i gotten since i adressed Nvidia witht he problems in SCDA.

an i canīt belive it it actually seems as Nvidia listenīs to people

i did as they asked and since the issue remains(check SCDA thread for my screenie)

i guess they have to do something i hope Ubi will do someting from their end as well

:D

i actually adressed ATI once never got an anwser from them

Sacrife
05-15-07, 11:20 AM
http://forums.pcper.com/showthread.php?t=440101

apnPedro posted:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Edit your shortcut to the game so that it looks like this (but with the path to where you installed the game:
Quote:
Target: "C:\Splinter Cell Double Agent\SCDA-Offline\System\SplinterCell4.exe" -ll
Start in: "C:\Splinter Cell Double Agent\SCDA-Offline\"

(Make sure you get the -ll too)

Now launch the game through that shortcut and set all your settings BUT make sure that HDR rendering is OFF. Set AA to 4x or whatever. Apply all changes and close the game. launch the NVIDIA control panel and add a profile for Double Agent. Force AA and AF to whatever you want (highest setting for me).

Relaunch the game with fingers crossed!

I know this definitely works with the 101.41 Beta drivers (which sorted a few of my problems) but I have a feeling that it won't work with 100.65. is there any reason you wouldn't want to upgrade to the beta drivers?

Hope this helps!

EDIT: Make sure you've updated the game to the latest patch.

ASUSEN7900GTX
05-15-07, 02:00 PM
ok iīll try this then thanks alot

DRen72
05-15-07, 02:28 PM
It worked for me. I played through SCDA under Vista with the 101.41 several weeks back and it worked ok. I had very few issues and what issues I did have I attributed to game bugs.

Sacrife
05-15-07, 09:18 PM
Np man. I actually found that forum while googleing for SCDA to find out what it actually ment. Cuz I had no idea :P

hirantha
05-15-07, 10:15 PM
Its ok I already chopped the DVD. No more SC for me.

nekrosoft13
05-15-07, 10:49 PM
i want them to fix HDR+AA

crainger
05-15-07, 11:18 PM

Serious? You actually destroyed the DVD, or just took it back for a refund like I did? :D

I of course bought it again when they fixed it on XP. only $20 onsale. Managed to play though the whole game no problems thanks to nekro's help. When it goes it's an awesome game. But it's been a problem thats for sure.

NaitoSan
05-16-07, 05:33 AM
LOL you chopped the DVD with your hand in kung-fu style? :D

Jon
05-16-07, 05:56 AM
I've binned two copies of it in the last month... they can't even give SCDA away at the moment (got it free with my graphics card and free with new cpu)!

degust
05-16-07, 08:09 AM
i want them to fix HDR+AA
That's an application bug so you really want to beat Ubi over it.
(However it looks like Ubi doesn't give a **** so maybe it's wiser for NV to fix it in the driver somehow.)

nekrosoft13
05-16-07, 08:27 AM
That's an application bug so you really want to beat Ubi over it.
(However it looks like Ubi doesn't give a **** so maybe it's wiser for NV to fix it in the driver somehow.)

i had it working before, with one driver release, but then it broke with next release

played thru first 3-4 levels with HDR+AA, updated the driver to the latest version, and no more HDR+AA, tried to go back, still wouldn't work.

here is how i got it working before

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=1171571&postcount=447

hirantha
05-16-07, 12:53 PM
Serious? You actually destroyed the DVD, or just took it back for a refund like I did? :D

I of course bought it again when they fixed it on XP. only $20 onsale. Managed to play though the whole game no problems thanks to nekro's help. When it goes it's an awesome game. But it's been a problem thats for sure.

haha yeah DVD is in pieces, the store said they cant refund me (it was way passed 30days)

ASUSEN7900GTX
05-16-07, 01:07 PM
well i hope Nvidia do something or i will see what their promise, word weighs.

i hope they do something on their part. i Also contacted UBI havenīt gotten any answer yet so have to wait and see.

guess they are busy with assasinīs creed and whatever and older games and issues just isnīt that important

it ainīt much more we as customers can do that to ask them and see what happens.

nekrosoft13
05-16-07, 01:25 PM
well i hope Nvidia do something or i will see what their promise, word weighs.

i hope they do something on their part. i Also contacted UBI havenīt gotten any answer yet so have to wait and see.

guess they are busy with assasinīs creed and whatever and older games and issues just isnīt that important

it ainīt much more we as customers can do that to ask them and see what happens.

why would they fix it? they already have your money

we can vote with your wallets and don't any more games from them

degust
05-17-07, 06:10 AM
i had it working before, with one driver release, but then it broke with next release
Of course you had. Because this error is in the driver version detection. For some mysterious unknown reason SCDA use driver version check to determine what features your videocard supports. It worked with pre-100.xx drivers but as soon as we started getting 1xx.xx ForceWare this detection began to malfunction.
It's clearly an application bug which should be fixed with a simple patch (although it might be better to get rid of this detection at all and make a new one via DX caps instead of driver version).
NV can fix it via app specific driver version forging. So that the driver always reports version 97.92 to the SCDA version detection code.