PDA

View Full Version : Prince of Persia Classic remake! Super nice graphics.

[EOCF] Tim
05-15-07, 10:42 AM
http://www.gametrailers.com/umwatcher.php?id=65485

I have no idea where they got it from, can't find it on the official site. But man, that looks awesome!

Original POP was the best thing I had ever played on my 286 with Hercules video adaptor! :D

Banko
05-15-07, 11:12 AM
Damn.. Prince of Persia was one of my first games I played on a 286 back when I lived in Russia.

S.I.N
05-15-07, 01:36 PM
Needs more blood.

Dragunov
05-15-07, 01:41 PM
It's for the xbox360 me guess, such an arcade game :)

Sectus
05-15-07, 01:48 PM
I was super hyper excited when I read the topic title... not quite as much excited when I saw the video >_>

I liked the general realistic and mature style of Prince of Persia 1. These silly new moves (which also seems to simplify the gameplay drastically) don't fit in with the style of the original PoP games at all. I hate the bright colourful look of the graphics.

If they had just tweaked the old game, improved the graphics and animation while keeping it to the same style, it would have been awesome. But this? Yuerch.

JigenD
05-15-07, 03:13 PM
I liked the general realistic and mature style of Prince of Persia 1. These silly new moves (which also seems to simplify the gameplay drastically) don't fit in with the style of the original PoP games at all. I hate the bright colourful look of the graphics.

What new moves? They said they weren't adding any.

Anyways this is indeed for 360...

AngelGraves13
05-15-07, 03:21 PM
Sold! I want it!

Sectus
05-15-07, 04:38 PM
What new moves? They said they weren't adding any.

Anyways this is indeed for 360...
-The ordinary running jump seems to be faster and has a faster "recharge".
-There's now a short running jump->roll move (new move, although I don't see how it would change gameplay)
-While hanging from a ledge, you can jump backwards, run up a wall and grab another ledge (very drastic new move).
-While hanging from a ledge you can jump far forward, turn around, and grab a ledge (another drastic new move).
-You can do a running jump at a wall, jump from it while turning around to grab a ledge above you.
-A standing jump where he backflips (probably the same mechanics as the old standing jump though).

So, according to this video there's at least 4 new moves, 3 of them would make the game drastically easier. I wouldn't be surprised if they included the "fall safety" from Sands of Time, where the prince will automatically turn around and grab a ledge if he falls down somewhere.

I just hope the game includes a "vanilla" version which is identical to the original.

Sectus
05-16-07, 06:22 AM
http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/788/788021p1.html - interview about the remake

Mentions a few new modes (time attack, survival, with highscore lists), and it confirms the game will be much easier. As I suspected, they're also adding the "fall safety". I'm rather disappointed since I'm tired of most new games being so darn easy, and they're forcing this on the original game. Hopefully they'll be including a "retro" mode with the game.

Arioch
05-16-07, 06:35 AM
It's using the Sands of Time graphics - looks pretty nice.