PDA

View Full Version : Detonator 6 aka 50XX coming

Skinner
03-25-03, 05:44 PM
Could this be the holy grail for the FX?

Does someone know more about these ?

http://www.warp2search.net/article.php?sid=11373&mode=thread&order=0

digitalwanderer
03-25-03, 06:05 PM
I thought this would be something new on it.....then saw myself as the first comment post. :rolleyes:

Mark knows more, but he ain't telling/sharing. (It's cool, I can dig it.)

I don't think they'll be the 'holy grail' for the FX unless nVidia got M$ to change DX9a to 16FP.....but that's sort of the $64K question that's been hanging around since yesterday that no one seems to know the answer to.

My own theory? They've had the Det 5's done for some time, they've just been holding out since they've been trying to get M$ to change the standard of DX9 from 24FP to 16FP. I think that decision was made yesterday, (banning the nVidia "review drivers" at FutureMark & M$ releasing DX9a), but I have no clue as to which way it went.

I'm HOPING that M$ stuck to their guns and are keeping DX9 24FP, and that's what prompted FutureMark to publically announce their new stance......but I could be wrong.

On the timetable? Expect 'em before this weekend. (That's a guestimate of mine, not based on any inside skinny from no where......just based on recent events. ;) )

jAkUp
03-25-03, 07:08 PM
in the online chat with bill rehbock... he said there will be new drivers coming later this week... dont know if those are the 50's or not though

digitalwanderer
03-25-03, 08:25 PM
Originally posted by jAkUp
in the online chat with bill rehbock... he said there will be new drivers coming later this week... dont know if those are the 50's or not though

HA! I knew it!

Wanna hear about why M$ pulled DX9a down today? I have a really intriguing theory on that one too...... ;)

ChrisRay
03-25-03, 08:31 PM
Originally posted by digitalwanderer
HA! I knew it!

Wanna hear about why M$ pulled DX9a down today? I have a really intriguing theory on that one too...... ;)

This is one time I bet you are wrong. Its just too conveniant for Nvidia to be releasing these drivers so soon afterwards.

StealthHawk
03-25-03, 09:29 PM
I'm HOPING that M$ stuck to their guns and are keeping DX9 24FP, and that's what prompted FutureMark to publically announce their new stance......but I could be wrong.

why? when in the majority of situations FP16 and FP32 should look exactly the same?

digitalwanderer
03-25-03, 10:08 PM
Originally posted by StealthHawk
why? when in the majority of situations FP16 and FP32 should look exactly the same?

Just general principles, and not everyone agrees with their only being a slight quality difference. :)

I like to see the mighty humbled, it's a kicky way to pass an afternoon making fun of 'em. :p

Crippler
03-26-03, 01:30 AM
Would be nice for new dets and nforce drivers this week.

Come on Nvidia make us happy :afro:

StealthHawk
03-26-03, 02:14 AM
Just general principles, and not everyone agrees with their only being a slight quality difference. :)

is there any proof either way? other than in extreme birght or dark scenes they should look identical.

Skinner
03-26-03, 05:51 AM
19.<SwedBear> Ok, since I get completely bombarded regarding this: Can you give any info about the upcoming Detonator 50 drivers? People are really missing newer WHQL drivers from NVIDIA
<NV_Bill> Good timing; I'm happy to say that we are planning on a driver release later this week.

Still not sore if it will be 50.xx...

Mark_fox
03-26-03, 12:38 PM
Well, I'm 95% certain that it won't be 50.xx this week...sorry :(

digitalwanderer
03-26-03, 02:16 PM
Originally posted by Mark_fox
Well, I'm 95% certain that it won't be 50.xx this week...sorry :(

Have you seen/tried 'em yet? Can you tell us anything nice and vaguely non-specific to wet our appetites? ;)

(I'm most interested in their affects on GF3's performance for some odd reason........ :lol: )

undercover
03-26-03, 05:27 PM
The latest developer (release canditate) drivers are giving me over 10% improvement in 3DM03 :D

It's the highest score for a Pentium4 1.8 Ghz (yeh I know I know shut up about my Intel Inside aleady)

And, no, you can't have 'em, so don't ask. Just be patient.

There's a lot of juice in the NV30 architecture and those NV engineers are squeezing away :)

Mark_fox
03-27-03, 12:37 AM
and my bet would be that these 43.45 will be the next official driver...;)

Skinner
03-27-03, 03:03 AM
Originally posted by undercover
The latest developer (release canditate) drivers are giving me over 10% improvement in 3DM03 :D

It's the highest score for a Pentium4 1.8 Ghz (yeh I know I know shut up about my Intel Inside aleady)

And, no, you can't have 'em, so don't ask. Just be patient.

There's a lot of juice in the NV30 architecture and those NV engineers are squeezing away :)
Nice, I knew there that there would be much more in the FX then what w've seen yet...

LORD-eX-Bu
03-27-03, 03:11 AM
yeah, in synthetic benchmarks, 42.68 anyone?:lol::p