PDA

View Full Version : When do you think the first DX10 Game will be out?

J-Mag
05-15-07, 03:03 PM
This means you should be able to go to the store and buy a copy with DX10 support within or be able to download the OFFICIAL patch from the developers.

So far looks like a running between CoJ and LP, but has CoJ even been released in the US or not yet?

flukester
05-15-07, 03:07 PM
Good luck on the DX10 games.. Vista is not inspiring too many developers much less DX10 aka DX9.0d

Dragunov
05-15-07, 03:09 PM
DirectX 9.0d?

Well, when do we get the the complete DirectX 10 code for our pc, from what I read in the past, it's only the basics we already have on our pc

ASUSEN7900GTX
05-15-07, 03:20 PM
i think assasinīs creed might be a DX10 game if so the i can buy it in september as it is realesed then if not further delayed that is.

other than that any other game with dx10 support i know of i s crysis and that might not be out this year

but other than that i donīt know

AngelGraves13
05-15-07, 03:21 PM
Bioshock will be out in August.

Destroy
05-15-07, 03:59 PM
Are we not counting Halo2 at the end of this month?

jAkUp
05-15-07, 04:15 PM
Good luck on the DX10 games.. Vista is not inspiring too many developers much less DX10 aka DX9.0d

Wrong. Lost Planet comes out next month, same with the CoH patch. Also CoJ comes out next month, with BioShock in August. Crysis and UT3 maybe sometime in Fall.

First DX10 will probably be Lost Planet next month. First DX10 demo comes out today :)

J-Mag
05-15-07, 04:24 PM
Wrong. Lost Planet comes out next month, same with the CoH patch. Also CoJ comes out next month, with BioShock in August.

First DX10 will probably be Lost Planet next month. First DX10 demo comes out today :)

Well LP is supposed to come out the "end of June", which makes me believe we wont see it until July at the earliest.

jAkUp
05-15-07, 04:29 PM
Are we not counting Halo2 at the end of this month?

Halo2 is not DX10. It is Vista only, but it is not DX10.

SeriTonin
05-15-07, 04:51 PM
You people must be n00bs or just have bad memories. DX9 games trickled out...you had tomb raider angel of darkness and then a year of NOTHING, then people made a big stink when Halo was ported to PC and used one...yes ONE feature from dx9-pixel shading 2.0

A true dx9 game that impressed and was dx9 from top to bottom didn't come out until March 26th 2004, Far Cry.

That's about a year and a half of dx9 hardware before a game came around and used all those features...hell hdr lighting and parrallax mapping are just starting to get used and those functions have been in dx9 for a whiiiiiile.

Mark my words, no way UT3 OR CRYSIS come out before Q1 08.

And there's no way this first gen of dx10 cards will be able to play these games with decent frames. Learn from the past so you dont make the same mistakes in the future.

When farcry hit, it brought 9800xt's to their knees at anything above 1280x960 ....(waits for the one user to disagree with this performance)

I'm still sitting out the dx10 craze until I see Crysis or UT3 on a shelf and gamers giving results from various dx10 cards. In my eyes the 8800 and 2900 series is like the 9800 pros and 5900 fx's...the 1st gen, that's always too strong for the last gen and not enough for the upcoming one.

Back to games, you should be happy, all these deveopers are incorporating dx10 patches into their games, dx8 games had no such patches to move to dx9 or have some functions get used. Feel priv. that your getting ANYTHING so quickly.

IMO dx10 is actually one of the fastest dx's to be adapted in some time. Conan, bio-shock, coh patch, coj patch, ut3, crysis, world in conflict, thats alot of development for an API that's not even 6 months old!!!!

I personally feel dx9 was underused and never got a true chance to shine. I think there's ALOT of juice left in dx9, eye-candy-wise.

I guess we'll have to keep an eye on 360 and ps3 to see what dx9 can really do.

ATOJAR
05-15-07, 04:52 PM
Halo2 is not DX10. It is Vista only, but it is not DX10.

What he said, although it will still look alot better than XP games.

Mangler
05-15-07, 05:00 PM
What he said, although it will still look alot better than XP games.

Why would it look better than "xp-games", it's just an xbox port with highres-textures and a slight boost in polycount+removal of lod-popups.

The gameplay might be good, but it's only a vista-only title because of live for windows.

jAkUp
05-15-07, 05:10 PM
You people must be n00bs or just have bad memories. DX9 games trickled out...you had tomb raider angel of darkness and then a year of NOTHING, then people made a big stink when Halo was ported to PC and used one...yes ONE feature from dx9-pixel shading 2.0

A true dx9 game that impressed and was dx9 from top to bottom didn't come out until March 26th 2004, Far Cry.

That's about a year and a half of dx9 hardware before a game came around and used all those features...hell hdr lighting and parrallax mapping are just starting to get used and those functions have been in dx9 for a whiiiiiile.

Mark my words, no way UT3 OR CRYSIS come out before Q1 08.

And there's no way this first gen of dx10 cards will be able to play these games with decent frames. Learn from the past so you dont make the same mistakes in the future.

When farcry hit, it brought 9800xt's to their knees at anything above 1280x960 ....(waits for the one user to disagree with this performance)

I'm still sitting out the dx10 craze until I see Crysis or UT3 on a shelf and gamers giving results from various dx10 cards. In my eyes the 8800 and 2900 series is like the 9800 pros and 5900 fx's...the 1st gen, that's always too strong for the last gen and not enough for the upcoming one.

Back to games, you should be happy, all these deveopers are incorporating dx10 patches into their games, dx8 games had no such patches to move to dx9 or have some functions get used. Feel priv. that your getting ANYTHING so quickly.

IMO dx10 is actually one of the fastest dx's to be adapted in some time. Conan, bio-shock, coh patch, coj patch, ut3, crysis, world in conflict, thats alot of development for an API that's not even 6 months old!!!!

I personally feel dx9 was underused and never got a true chance to shine. I think there's ALOT of juice left in dx9, eye-candy-wise.

I guess we'll have to keep an eye on 360 and ps3 to see what dx9 can really do.

I saw Crysis running in realtime at CES on a single 8800GTX in DX10 mode in Windows Vista.

fizix
05-15-07, 07:52 PM
I saw Crysis running in realtime at CES on a single 8800GTX in DX10 mode in Windows Vista.
SeriTonin just got wrecked. :captnkill:

SeriTonin gives me the impression that he couldn't afford an 8800, so decided to vent his frustration and jealousy by stating it as obsolete. The only person he was trying to convince that dx10/8800 is a crapshoot for the next 8 months is himself.

Just messing with yah Seritonin, but times change, especially as technology progresses. Your claims about DX9 API/games 3-5 years ago may have been true, but I only half agree with your statement about the 8800 being "too strong for the last gen, not strong enough for the next gen (dx10); and its not the latter. :D

jAkUp
05-15-07, 08:28 PM
First DX10 demo is out :D

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=91492

SH0DAN
05-15-07, 09:42 PM
Bioshock will be out in August.

I am dying to play Bioshock. :cool:

SeriTonin
05-16-07, 09:44 AM
SeriTonin just got wrecked. :captnkill:

SeriTonin gives me the impression that he couldn't afford an 8800, so decided to vent his frustration and jealousy by stating it as obsolete. The only person he was trying to convince that dx10/8800 is a crapshoot for the next 8 months is himself.

Just messing with yah Seritonin, but times change, especially as technology progresses. Your claims about DX9 API/games 3-5 years ago may have been true, but I only half agree with your statement about the 8800 being "too strong for the last gen, not strong enough for the next gen (dx10); and its not the latter. :D

Look at the results of the COJ dx10 benchmark they just ran with the new ati line of gpu's....then look at the avg framerates for users of 8800's playing the dx10 demo of lost planet.

As I said, 8800 series is the ultimate dx9 card, dx10? Yeah, it has the features, but the power? I dont think so.

Jakup, while you saw Crysis in real-time, were you positive the footgae you saw was dx10 and not dx9, most of the crysis stuff shown off last year was dx9 only.

Regardless, I dont see how a dx10 demo runs like poop with not too many bells and whistles, visually (lost planet) yet a stunning title like Crysis is gonna run fluid on the same card at max settings? (NO AA/AF, just in-games max textures, etc) I understand some games are bloated garbage, but we have two dx10 examples to go by and firstly, so far, they show ms's claims of being faster than dx9 is b.s, and we're also seeing a $700 dollar 8800Ultra being brought to its knees by the first dx10 demo available to the public...not a good start.

And I'm not too poor to buy a card, I'm too poor to keep buying cards. I can buy a 8800 GTX today, but then I have to sit on it for a year, and seeing as I truly dont beileve crysis or ut3 are coming this year and another hardware cycle will come out before either hit's the shelves, im just sitting back and playing it cool ;)

(How can ya hit me with the "too poor" jab?! I'm running a 680i here w/ 2 gigs of kingston ram and a 6400 @ 6600 =P sheesh lol)

Logical
05-16-07, 10:41 AM
Regardless, I dont see how a dx10 demo runs like poop with not too many bells and whistles, visually (lost planet) yet a stunning title like Crysis is gonna run fluid on the same card at max settings? (NO AA/AF, just in-games max textures, etc) )

Like you said its a demo......didnt you see the screen before title screen "This does not by all means represent final quality" type message.

The full game will probably run a hell of a lot better...not that im complaining anyway, snow 31/caves 41 with all settings on max and as smooth as a babys bum. :D

vmsein
05-16-07, 10:49 AM
Call of Juarez will be released on June 7th in the US:) So if the DX10 patch is available at about the same time, then this could be the first DX10 game we could play.