PDA

View Full Version : My computer random shuts down out of no where why?

Pages : [1] 2 3

Digital_Trans
05-16-07, 03:20 PM
My computer randomly shuts down out of no where....why? Is their a fix or maybe a setting in the power management that's making me have these issues?

ViN86
05-16-07, 03:21 PM
possibilities....

1. weak PSU
2. memory errors (windows shuts down to prevent corruption)
3. problems with power mgmt on mobo

thats all i can think of atm...

tbh, sounds like the first one to me. thats a lot of stuff on a 600W PSU.

Digital_Trans
05-16-07, 03:25 PM
possibilities....

1. weak PSU
2. memory errors (windows shuts down to prevent corruption)
3. problems with power mgmt on mobo

thats all i can think of atm...

tbh, sounds like the first one to me. thats a lot of stuff on a 600W PSU.

Yes, please give me some great suggestions on a kick ass power supply. I want something with some real balls not cheap and crappy and gay looking lol! Also, note that last week I went into the system bios and by mistake adjusted the VCore Voltage to 1.90V and I even ran Windows for a short about of time before I noticed those temps getting up to 81c on the CPU and 52c on the motherboard. Right right after that, I returned my settings to default and made the proper adjustments. Never the less it's been a week going and everything worked perfectly despite the VCore voltage error I made. Now I'm getting these random shut offs while online or when the computer boots up the first time. I hope I didn't damage any hardware.

nekrosoft13
05-16-07, 03:26 PM
My computer randomly shuts down out of no where....why? Is their a fix or maybe a setting in the power management that's making me have these issues?

no BSOD??

if you have no BSOD, then it could be the same issue my server currently has. Its either weak or fault PSU.

that for some reason from time to time, drops the current slighty and PC just shuts down or reboots.

and give no error upon reboot.

hirantha
05-16-07, 03:33 PM
Yes, please give me some great suggestions on a kick ass power supply. I want something with some real balls not cheap and crappy and gay looking lol! Also, note that last week I went into the system bios and by mistake adjusted the VCore Voltage to 1.90V and I even ran Windows for a short about of time before I noticed those temps getting up to 81c on the CPU and 52c on the motherboard. Never the less it's been a week going and everything worked great despite the VCore voltage error I made. Now I'm getting these random shut offs while online or when the computer boots up.

oh yeah you definitely need a big heavy power supply to support all you got in that machine.

kevJ420
05-16-07, 03:54 PM
PSU issue quite likely.

Suggestion: the new enermax dxx galaxy 1000W.

The other suggestions I have would be a highend silverstone, or pc power quad sli 750w silencer or perhaps a the highest end athenatech psu.

Try to get something that runs 90-264VAC.

85-264 VAC with the athenatech, that's why they're one of my suggestions.

CDE_1246
05-16-07, 03:56 PM
Definetly the PSU. Could possibly be overheating but i doubt it.

Heres some good PSU's Not sure how much u wanna spend:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817171017

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817171011

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817104026

Good Luck

Tr1cK
05-16-07, 04:18 PM
Got enough storage?

WTF is a SinTek anyways?

ViN86
05-16-07, 04:27 PM
PC Power and Cooling 1 kilowatt PSU

best there is.

J-Mag
05-16-07, 05:38 PM
PC Power and Cooling 1 kilowatt PSU

best there is.

Still way overkill though. His system uses around 450w at the most.

I'd get the 750w Silencer... oh wait... I did...

Digital_Trans
05-16-07, 07:44 PM
Update: Well, I'm back for the time being.......

Okay, what could it be? I turn on the computetr and it just sets there for like 8 mins with the screen on stand-by and no post, Power is going to the motherboard as it is on but I'm not getting any error beeps or anything. Then 7 to 8 1/2 mins later the computer boots and posts and all it good. For how long?
I'm really not sure but It really now is looking more like a power supply issue.

Digital_Trans
05-16-07, 07:49 PM
Got enough storage?

WTF is a SinTek anyways?

Yes, more storage for all my HD future needs to be exact! :D
As for Sintek they suck giant balls but for the most part had at one time nice power supplies and product support but in the resent years it went right to hell along with their quality assurance on product.

Digital_Trans
05-16-07, 07:51 PM
Still way overkill though. His system uses around 450w at the most.

I'd get the 750w Silencer... oh wait... I did...

I want at least a 1000 Watt Power Supply and I also want the following features if available.

1.) Power Supply all black with cool blue LED lights on the Power Supply.

2.) Black Sleeved power supply wires that detach from the power supply.

3.) Gold plated Molex connectors

Digital_Trans
05-16-07, 09:28 PM
I want at least a 1000 Watt Power Supply and I also want the following features if available.

1.) Power Supply all black with cool blue LED lights on the Power Supply.

2.) Black Sleeved power supply wires that detach from the power supply.

3.) Gold plated Molex connectors

Also note, When I turned on the power button on the case it didn't even give me a green colored light on the case for like 8 minutes before it went into boot mode.

So here it is...

Green > power on

Orange > Hard drive

When I had that 8 minute system idle with power running to the motherboard I never got a green light or an orange light on the front of my case until 8 minutes later. This power supply sucks! At least now I can see that SinTek power supplies suck when ever your trying to set the voltages on certain hardware profiles. Anyway, I need the above specs or close to them in order to step up to a newer and better power supply...any other suggestions? :D

Digital_Trans
05-16-07, 09:57 PM
Enermax EGA1000EWL Galaxy 1000W Power Supply!

url: http://www.frozencpu.com/products/4050/psu-207/Enermax_Galaxy_Modular_PFC_1000w_Quad_SLI_and_Cros sfire_Ready_Power_Supply_EGX1000EWL-DXX.html?tl=g11c26s87#blank

What do you guys think?

|MaguS|
05-16-07, 10:01 PM
Get the one I have! Olympia is an awsome PSU! Tons of power and its all on a single rail, no balancing act to play. :D

BTW Most PSUs that have LEDS and have swapable cables suck...

nekrosoft13
05-16-07, 10:54 PM
BTW Most PSUs that have LEDS and have swapable cables suck...

very true

Digital_Trans
05-16-07, 11:09 PM
Will it support two 8900 GTX on future release for SLI? And do you have any review links I'd really like to see some pictures. :D

nekrosoft13
05-16-07, 11:33 PM
http://www.silverstonetek.com/products/op1000/op1000_photo.html

|MaguS|
05-16-07, 11:54 PM
Will it support two 8900 GTX on future release for SLI? And do you have any review links I'd really like to see some pictures. :D

It will support 8900's easily...

Digital_Trans
05-17-07, 12:35 AM
It will support 8900's easily...

Right on! well, let me see what I can do with my current setup before I go off and spend that kind of money again on a newer power supply!~
If I can't get this damn thing on track then I'll buy it. Thanks for the recommendation on a great product guys! :tiki:

t3hl33td4rg0n
05-17-07, 04:45 AM
I remember having the same kind of issue with my PSU. But the problem wasn't that it wasnt enough, it has adjustable rails and a safety kill. If too much or too little was coming out of the 12v 5v or 3.3v rails, it shut off. Of course, I had my Asus A8N32-SLI board at the time and the voltage readings were way off. So I got a multimeter and set the rails manually, problem solved.

But, in your case, grab yourself a good PSU at 750W or more for your future setup. I love my OCZ PowerStream :D

Digital_Trans
05-17-07, 10:56 AM
Well, after checking all the PUS wiring and adjusting a couple of things everything is running great!:D Before I do decide to get a newer power supply, please review the specs on my current Sintek power supply. Let me know what you think of it's performance level? It can peak up to 708 Watts. It even has two knobs to adjust memory voltages and PCI-Express voltages.

SinTek 600 XPS: http://sintekcorp.com/joomla/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=shop.flypage&product_id=3&category_id=5&manufacturer_id=0&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=31

Tech review with good pictures: http://www.viperlair.com/reviews/cases/other/psu/sintek600SLI/index.shtml

wollyka
05-17-07, 03:44 PM
if u want a new PSU, make sure u get one that have the new 8-pin for PCi-express, u will need in the future
example the new Thermaltake Toughpower 1200W or Galaxy Enermax DXX 1000W

Viral
05-18-07, 01:48 AM
The new thermaltake toughpower range actually look really good. That means a lot coming from me because I've never liked thermaltake. One of those 1000W or 1200W would do the job, it's basically two power supplies, each with a decent 36v +12v rail for the 8 and 6 pin connectors and a good enough for everything else 20v for the remaining 6 pins and everything else.