PDA

View Full Version : MLB 07 The Show

OWA
05-16-07, 06:43 PM
Anyone pick this up? It's definitely a lot smoother than MLB 2K7 but I'm not sure yet which one I like better. They're pretty different in the way that they play and since I'm use to MLB 2K7 already, it'll take me a little while to get accustomed to MLB 07 The Show. One thing I've noticed already is that the outfield in MLB 2K7 feels small...like I can basically reach any potential hit...but in MLB 07 The Show, the outfield feels huge.

Anyway, I'll provide more impressions as I play around with it more but I was just curious if anyone else picked it up.

OWA
05-17-07, 07:28 PM
Gamespot seemed to like it. They gave it an 8.2.

http://www.gamespot.com/ps3/sports/mlb07theshow/review.html?sid=6170846&om_act=convert&om_clk=multimodule&tag=multimodule;picks;title;5

I guess, for the most part, I mirror their sentiments in that the baseball game itself is good but the graphics are nothing special.

I haven't played anyone online yet but looking at the options after connecting to their server, there seems to be quite a few options. I like that they provide built-in IM.

Anyway, back to the graphics, I like that everything is really smooth but I'd still prefer nicer graphics. Some of the effects don't really work all that well either. Like the dust animation. The way it appears and stuff just doesn't look all that natural.

It does feel a little more realistic in the gameplay area. MLB 2K7 seems to be put you closer to the action. I don't know. I'm still undecided on which one I prefer. I guess I need to spend more time with MLB 07 The Show before deciding.

|MaguS|
05-17-07, 07:40 PM
Graphics are due to it being a port of the PS2 version, next season should be far better.

1337_Like_ThaT
05-17-07, 07:44 PM
Owa, how is the pitching system compared to MLB 2k7? I heard that is supposed to be much better and efficient than MLB's 2k7 style but just curious to know. I definately am going to rent this title and compared to see which is better so I know what to buy for next season

kev13dd
05-17-07, 08:35 PM
My biggest complaint in MLB 2K7 is the sliders- the difficulty levels are complete crud and non-realistic. The outfield has always seemed fine to me, especially since the computer player has no problem somehow hitting them into the gap everytime. Is The Show more realitic baseball difficulty wise as well?

K

OWA
05-17-07, 09:14 PM
I like the pitching/hitting a little better in MLB 07 The Show so far. The more I play it, the more I like it. I wouldn't say it's drasticly different or a lot more efficient than MLB 2K7 though. It "feels" a little better to me but I think it's more subtle. Basically, I feel more like I can judge a pitch better whereas in MLB 2K7, it's often just guessing before the pitch is actually thrown (for me, anyway).

Basically, so far, it seems like The Show is a good baseball game but it doesn't have some of the frills of MLB 2K7. Just little things like the 7th inning stretch, for example.

...and dang, I just lost in extra innings 4-3. :(

One thing I really like is the throwing in The Show isn't nearly as perfect as in MLB 2K7. So, the player receiving the throw has to do some stretching, jumping, coming off the base, etc.