PDA

View Full Version : Dark Messiah of M&M and Vista x64

AdamK47
05-17-07, 10:38 AM
I don't know if this is a Vista x64 problem or just a Vista problem. I always get the error "mm.exe has stopped working" when exiting the game or at random intervals during play. I have many many games on my system and this is the only one that crashes like this. I've tried patches, new drivers, and every single configuration option I could find. Still no luck. Anyone else with the same problem?

This game came with my eVGA 8800 GTX. It's not a bad game and I would like to play through it. The game worked fine when I had it on Windows XP SP2. I'd also like to know of anyone who has this game working without crashing in Vista.

Ancient
05-17-07, 10:47 AM
Works fine for me in Vista 32, though I have to chose "Run as Administrator" in order for it not to crash. However, I still get the "mm.exe has stopped working" upon exit, which is slightly annoying but doesn't seem to impact gameplay or stability when playing.

grey_1
05-17-07, 11:34 AM
I can't even get it to launch. Hopefully they'll come up with a way to fix it, I really enjoyed playing.

Gnaddel
05-17-07, 07:49 PM
The game runs fine for me on the rig listed in my signature.
I use the steam Version since I'm too lazy to put in the cd. ;)

Wolfhound
05-18-07, 02:42 AM
Have the same errors, see sig

Arioch
05-18-07, 04:02 AM
Have you tried running the game in admin mode? I read somewhere that helped some.

grey_1
05-18-07, 11:18 AM
Have you tried running the game in admin mode? I read somewhere that helped some.
I tried, same deal. Very frustrating when my other source based games run fine.