PDA

View Full Version : 8800gts dual monitor performance problem

Hop
05-17-07, 11:09 PM
Hey guys,

I was wondering if anybody has ran into this problem before. When I run dual monitors my 3d applications run at an incredibly staggered rate. The adrianne nvidia demo barely gets 1fps.

When I try this with just one monitor enabled, 3d applications run very smoothly. Adrianne gets about 30fps. Does anybody else with an 8800gts have problems running 3d applications full screened on one monitor with the other one enabled?

-Hop

doddsy
05-18-07, 11:48 AM
try setting the multiple graphic card acceleration to single display

Tr1cK
05-18-07, 11:55 AM
I use Dualview and haven't had any of these problems.

darkrider01
05-18-07, 01:26 PM
I asked a similar question a while back. On one monitor I would get 60+fps. If I moved my windowed game to the second monitor, my frames would drop to like 10-15fps. I was told that it is a resources issue with Windows.

Hop
05-19-07, 12:26 AM
try setting the multiple graphic card acceleration to single display

Wow, it seems that did the trick for 3d applications. I'll poke around more and make sure that everything seems fixed. But thanks again for pointing this out.

Do you by any chance know what changing this setting does behind the scenes?

Hop
05-19-07, 10:13 AM
Well I have been playing games and viewing the nvidia demos now without any problems with dual monitors enabled.

Now I have one more issue I've noticed. When playing some videos the sound does not sync with the video when I scroll through it. This was never a problem with the same videos on my 6800gt.

Anybody have any ideas?