PDA

View Full Version : AA in Splinter Cell Pandora Tomorrow

Merovingian
05-18-07, 03:48 PM
Yes I know, it's an old game. But I wanted to play it again. However, there is no ingame setting for AA. Also nHancer can't give me AA in this game, I've tried all AA-compatibility modes. Anybody any ideas to get AA in this great game?

Bokishi
05-18-07, 03:51 PM
It's not compatible with any AA from what I believe. You're going to have to disable some lighting effect (and possibly make the game look crap) to get it.

Madpistol
05-19-07, 12:53 AM
AA has never been supported in any Splinter Cell game until Chaos Theory came out. (even then, if you enable HDR, AA is down the toilet once again)

Dunno about Double Agent though. I decided to skip that one and move on to bigger and better things. ;)

Merovingian
05-19-07, 04:32 AM
AA has never been supported in any Splinter Cell game until Chaos Theory came out. (even then, if you enable HDR, AA is down the toilet once again)

Dunno about Double Agent though. I decided to skip that one and move on to bigger and better things. ;)
I know it's not supported by the game, but shouldn't the Nvidia driver be able to give me some AA?

ATI_Dude
05-19-07, 06:20 AM
Also, if you have a GeForce 8xxx card most of the lighting effects and shadows are missing.

crainger
05-19-07, 09:29 AM
Also, if you have a GeForce 8xxx card most of the lighting effects and shadows are missing.

Works fine for me and my 8 series card...

ATI_Dude
05-19-07, 04:08 PM
Works fine for me and my 8 series card...

Which drivers? I've only tested the first part of the training mission, so the rest of the game could be fine. I'll reinstall the game and post a few screenshots.

ATI_Dude
05-19-07, 04:54 PM
This is what I'm talking about:

http://www.dropshots.com/photos/294016/20070519/142129.jpg

Notice the lamp. It doesn't illuminate the floor and Sam doesn't cast a shadow. All light sources are like this.

Merovingian
05-19-07, 06:14 PM
I have the same thing... Can't remember how it was on my previous card though. Is this driver-related?

ATI_Dude
05-19-07, 06:53 PM
I have the same thing... Can't remember how it was on my previous card though. Is this driver-related?

I've tried several drivers and get the same error. The issue is GeForce 8 related since the game works fine on my laptop which has a GeForce Go 6800 Ultra. Is it fixable? Probably, but given the number of issues the GeForce 8 series have with older games I don't think it's ever going to fixed.

crainger
05-19-07, 08:08 PM
Which drivers? I've only tested the first part of the training mission, so the rest of the game could be fine. I'll reinstall the game and post a few screenshots.

I'm not sure. It was a little while back. On XP, just after I got the card. I'll reinstall and checkout how it looks on Vista with the latest drivers, but I'm guessing I'll see the same results as you. :(

ATI_Dude
05-20-07, 07:24 AM
I'm not sure. It was a little while back. On XP, just after I got the card. I'll reinstall and checkout how it looks on Vista with the latest drivers, but I'm guessing I'll see the same results as you. :(

Ok. I tried the 97.44 drivers which IIRC are the first set which supports the GeForce 8 and get the same result. The game works on my laptop GeForce Go 6800 Ultra although I remember having similar problems on the Jakarta TV station level when using "High detail". Shadows and light sources would randomly disappear when panning the camera, but this issue only occured on that particular level. Using "low detail" fixed the problem. I guess the problem is partly game related and partly driver-/hardware related.