PDA

View Full Version : Should I buy s.t.a.l.k.e.r, Ive heard its overrated

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

XDanger
05-18-07, 05:16 PM
I like far cry, fear, and half life 2 mostly , Will I like stalker or feel robbed ,

Theres a 2nd hand metal tin copy of stalker I have my eye on by the way.

nutcrackr
05-18-07, 05:43 PM
I think it's underrated but it does depend on how many bugs you endure

Rytr
05-18-07, 05:47 PM
A second-hand metal tin copy? Don't you think it's at least worth a try? :D

vert305
05-18-07, 05:59 PM
the game kinda sucks ass with my 7800GTX

grey_1
05-18-07, 06:12 PM
GOTY material for sure. Absolutely loved it. I say buy it, but do not let the first hour or so turn you off. It starts very slow and painful, I actually posted a major rant within half and hur of playing.

Kept going and now can't get enough of it.

ATOJAR
05-18-07, 06:50 PM
I like far cry, fear, and half life 2 mostly

You like similar games to me, i have it and love it, as said the first hour or so is alittle slow but after that its great game!

buffbiff21
05-18-07, 06:55 PM
GOTY material for sure. Absolutely loved it. I say buy it, but do not let the first hour or so turn you off. It starts very slow and painful, I actually posted a major rant within half and hur of playing.

Kept going and now can't get enough of it.
+1

The intro was VERY boring.

Bokishi
05-18-07, 07:11 PM
I'm one of the sad few who gave up during the painful beginning

john19055
05-18-07, 08:37 PM
I bought the game Stalker because it look like it would be good and I like first person games,but it has beed sitting on my shelf for two weeks ,I guess I will get around to play it sooner or later.

WeReWoLf
05-18-07, 09:29 PM
YOU MUST BUY THIS GAME IT IS THE BEST GAME IN THE WORLD I LOVE IT YOU WILL LOVE IT TOO GOTY WHEEE!!!

Sorry, i thought this thread didn't have enough Caps. :P

grey_1
05-18-07, 09:30 PM
YOU MUST BUY THIS GAME IT IS THE BEST GAME IN THE WORLD I LOVE IT YOU WILL LOVE IT TOO GOTY WHEEE!!!

Sorry, i thought this thread didn't have enough Caps. :P
LOLOL!

You crack me up! :D

WeReWoLf
05-18-07, 09:35 PM
Seriously though, At first Stalker is like having a million dollars but can't touch it til you're 21 or something like that. After the first hour or so, it gets better and better. By about 3 hours in, you start getting into the timewarp. You know, timewarp? It's that point of a game where you no longer recognise how much time has passed, nor do you give a sh*t.

grey_1
05-18-07, 09:44 PM
Seriously though, At first Stalker is like having a million dollars but can't touch it til you're 21 or something like that. After the first hour or so, it gets better and better. By about 3 hours in, you start getting into the timewarp. You know, timewarp? It's that point of a game where you no longer recognise how much time has passed, nor do you give a sh*t.
Oh yeah, I'm still thoroughly convinced I haven't found everything hidden in that game, after 3 full runs, and I'm going to keep playing til I know for sure.

Might take a while. :p

To the OP, seriously, I forgot all about FEAR, Half (gordon who?) life, and now I'm bored spitless because nothing else I have comes close.

WeReWoLf
05-18-07, 09:46 PM
Grey, i'm on 17th run through, and i'm convinced i haven't found everything.

Mr_LoL
05-18-07, 10:04 PM
I have given up as well. I Just find it boring to be honest. I'll give it another go sometime next week.

|MaguS|
05-18-07, 10:06 PM
I can't get into the game... I do like one or two missions and then just save and quit... doesn't really hook me at all.

crainger
05-18-07, 10:13 PM
I can't get into the game... I do like one or two missions and then just save and quit... doesn't really hook me at all.

Maybe you're playing it wrong. You aren't trying to pat the dogs are you? I hope you aren't trying to chat up the sexy voiced Russian guys, coz that's a no no too.

I've noticed a few people say that. I love it and can't get enough of it. But I have a friend who feels the same as you, he just can't get into it.

jAkUp
05-18-07, 10:14 PM

Yea same here, TBH, I just cannot get into it..

The graphics IMO, are just not very good. I still think HL2 looks much better.

|MaguS|
05-18-07, 10:18 PM

Its not the graphics that bother me, I think the game looks great rather I think its just missing the push for me. I loved HL2 because it kept pushing you forward either by wanting to see more or because pressure from something else.

I mean even in the beginning of HL2 you get chased by the combine this alone sets the pace and keeps you moving... in STALKER my ADD kicks in and I just wander off...

crainger
05-18-07, 10:32 PM
I mean even in the beginning of HL2 you get chased by the combine this alone sets the pace and keeps you moving... in STALKER my ADD kicks in and I just wander off...

The same happens to me at ATMs. I've lost a fortune over the years.

Amuro
05-18-07, 10:33 PM

Me too. The game is a big disappointment, gameplay and graphics wise. No wonder it's $39.99 not the usual $49.99.

nekrosoft13
05-18-07, 10:35 PM
probably the game of the century ;)

crainger
05-18-07, 10:36 PM
All you damn action junky graphic whores!

It's a great game dammit! :fu:

buffbiff21
05-19-07, 01:43 AM
The same happens to me at ATMs. I've lost a fortune over the years.

:rofl

Honestly, when I get hooked on a game I DON;T STOP PLAYING.

With STALKER, I played it in small increments... and it still kicked ass. Graphics werent bad, but it just seemed a little strange.. seeing I was running 8800GTX sli and a near 4 GHZ Conroe... They should have been better@!!@ :mad: More frames dammit!

Greg
05-19-07, 02:40 AM
The answer from me is 'maybe'. I found the game initially flawed and boring. Flawed due to poor interface and game design decisions. After a while though, I started enjoying it. In my mind, this is in no way a 'great' game. It might be good enough to have some fun though, particularly if you can get it cheap.

I have a Geforce 7800GTX and I have to run at 1024x768 with Dynamic object light only, not full dynamic light, in order to get an average 30fps. The game looks very nice even with those settings.