PDA

View Full Version : X3 Reunion - Vista?

Riptide
05-18-07, 09:34 PM
Does this game run under Vista x64?

|MaguS|
05-18-07, 09:52 PM
If starforce is removed then it should work...

marty101
05-19-07, 04:30 AM
It works - install it and apply the latest patch before you run it - this removes starforce

PaiN
05-19-07, 06:13 AM
also, Starforce was removed from the 2.0 DVD version

Riptide
05-19-07, 10:57 AM
Thanks guys. I've got it through Steam so no starforce either. :)

Warwind
06-04-07, 08:40 AM
also, Starforce was removed from the 2.0 DVD version

I noticed this at EB Games the other day, and I was wondering if it still had Starforce.

Are you sure it's removed from this version? If so, I'll re-buy it.

Riptide
06-04-07, 09:13 AM
It's removed. You don't have to put a disc in the drive to play. Just have Steam running.

SH64
06-04-07, 09:57 AM
I noticed this at EB Games the other day, and I was wondering if it still had Starforce.

Are you sure it's removed from this version? If so, I'll re-buy it.
Yep latest patch removes SF thats for sure.

arioch21
06-04-07, 01:53 PM
Yup I just re-installed this last week, I have the original release, but just install that, update to latest patch and put dvd away, no starforce. Im starting from scratch though, but im having fun with it :)

Riptide
06-04-07, 03:10 PM
It still has the best graphics of any space game I've seen.

AdamK47
06-04-07, 04:15 PM
X3 Reunion 2.0 runs fine on my install of Vista x64.

Warwind
06-06-07, 07:48 AM
Yup I just re-installed this last week, I have the original release, but just install that, update to latest patch and put dvd away, no starforce. Im starting from scratch though, but im having fun with it :)
So I would install my original copy of X3, which would load Starforce on my computer, but then when I installed the latest patch, it would then remove Starforce from my computer?

I just want to be sure, because after loading X3 on my previous computer, I could never burn a CD/DVD again, so I'm nervous about letting it install on my new machine...

I'd be more inclined just to pay the $20 and re-buy the newly released boxed version, but someone said it uses Steam?? Steam is the other thing I avoid like the plague...

Sorry for all the questions; I want to play X3 again, but I don't want to ruin my new system to do it...

Thanks in advance!

Stoneyguy
06-06-07, 08:52 AM
So I would install my original copy of X3, which would load Starforce on my computer, but then when I installed the latest patch, it would then remove Starforce from my computer?

I just want to be sure, because after loading X3 on my previous computer, I could never burn a CD/DVD again, so I'm nervous about letting it install on my new machine...

I'd be more inclined just to pay the $20 and re-buy the newly released boxed version, but someone said it uses Steam?? Steam is the other thing I avoid like the plague...

Sorry for all the questions; I want to play X3 again, but I don't want to ruin my new system to do it...

Thanks in advance!

Just be sure not to run the game between the install and updating.

arioch21
06-06-07, 12:53 PM

Thanks in advance!

yea just dont run the game before you patch it, starforce installs when u run the game after installing, meaning the initial install isnt what puts it on your computer, its when u run the game from the dvd to play. Since the latest patch doesnt require the dvd in drive, starforce doesnt get installed to check if you using the proper dvd.

so just install game, take dvd out, update to latest patch and done. :)

Warwind
06-06-07, 07:11 PM
Thanks very much for the replies, I'll give it a try then!

OWA
06-07-07, 11:00 PM
So, how well does it run under Vista? Anyone have a framerate comparison between XP and Vista for this?