PDA

View Full Version : Will there be NV 8 series Graphics Cards for AGP motherboard?

michaelj
05-18-07, 10:00 PM
Will there be NV 8 series Graphics Cards for AGP motherboard?

|MaguS|
05-18-07, 10:01 PM
I hope not, They need to kill AGP...

michaelj
05-18-07, 10:03 PM
I don't wanna buy a new PC,but just a Geforce 8 Card

|MaguS|
05-18-07, 10:05 PM
Why don't you just buy a new MB and CPU? Or possibly just a MB if you have a decent CPU...

They make PCI-E MBs for almost all sockets...

michaelj
05-18-07, 10:09 PM
How can I manage my PC I currently use?

Mr_LoL
05-18-07, 10:09 PM
Wouldn't the AGP 8x slot becoming bandwith limited with the 8800 cards?

michaelj
05-18-07, 10:14 PM
Wouldn't the AGP 8x slot becoming bandwith limited with the 8800 cards?
I don't care abort that,because I have no enough money to buy a cpu+mb+memory+Graphic card.

stncttr908
05-18-07, 10:15 PM
I don't care abort that,because I have no enough money to buy a cpu+mb+memory+Graphic card.
So you'd rather buy a bandwidth starved card instead of continuing to save for a proper upgrade? :headexplode:

I could not afford to make a worthwhile upgrade (the items you mention) until a few weeks ago, when I bought what you see in my sig. It was my first overhaul in nearly four years, but it was worth the wait.

crainger
05-18-07, 10:23 PM
So you'd rather buy a bandwidth starved card instead of continuing to save for a proper upgrade? :headexplode:

I could not afford to make a worthwhile upgrade (the items you mention) until a few weeks ago, when I bought what you see in my sig. It was my first overhaul in nearly four years, but it was worth the wait.

I'd wait for you too. :wonder:

stncttr908
05-18-07, 10:31 PM
I'd wait for you too. :wonder:
I'm actually laughing out loud. :headexplode:

kevJ420
05-18-07, 10:33 PM
If nvidia had asked me what slots I wanted on the 680i, I would have said (5) pci-e 2.0 x16 slots, b/c doing that would've prompted a pci-e ppu, and a pci-e apu already.

crainger
05-18-07, 10:35 PM
If nvidia had asked me what slots I wanted on the 680i, I would have said (5) pci-e 2.0 x16 slots, b/c doing that would've prompted a pci-e ppu, and a pci-e apu already.

Now you know why they didn't ask you :D

nekrosoft13
05-18-07, 10:38 PM
I hope not, They need to kill AGP...

true

crainger
05-18-07, 10:41 PM
Well PCI got revenge as PCI-e after AGP killed it off. Does that mean PCI-e will be killed by AGP-e?

vläd
05-18-07, 10:58 PM
Or you could get one of these newly announced AGP cards. (http://www.theinquirer.net/default.aspx?article=39722) (whine)

kevJ420
05-18-07, 11:09 PM
Well PCI got revenge as PCI-e after AGP killed it off. Does that mean PCI-e will be killed by AGP-e?

The quicker phrase is:

PCI-E avenged PCI's death.

I doubt there will ever be an agp-e.

After PCI-E 2.0 x16, the bandwidth of PCI-E will just keep on going up for about 6 more years at least, before a brand new expansion bus comes up.

easyrider
05-18-07, 11:35 PM
Why don't you just buy a new MB and CPU? Or possibly just a MB if you have a decent CPU...

They make PCI-E MBs for almost all sockets...

Well I have a p4 3.0 ghz, and an ago 7800GS OC.......do they by chance make a pci-e board for this cpu, if so where?? because I'de definately be willing to go pci-e then, but the only thing that holds me back right now is the fact I would have to do a complete overhaul, new mem, new cpu, new board, new video, and honestly I can't afford $1000 or better for a full upgrade right now. Upwards of around $500 maybe.
Almost forgot too, I think this is a 470 scoket, and I highly doubt they have this in pci-e form, but I could be wrong, and would LOVE to be shown to be wrong.

Madpistol
05-19-07, 12:41 AM

That's why you should SAVE your money so that eventually you can have enough money to buy a new system. I saved my pennies and bought next to nothing for 8 months before I could buy a totally new system. That should prove that it can be done.

No offense, but you sound like you're about 12. :rolleyes:

easyrider
05-19-07, 12:46 AM
I was wrong heh, there are boards out now.......although it'd be almost as cheap just to buy a cpu+board+mem+88xx card

Anyone think I could get away with getting a core 2 duo + decent to good board + 2 gig mem + 8800 pci-e vid card for around $500?

this is what I have right now:

P4 prescott socket 478 3.0 ghz
2x512 (1 gig) corsaire mem
BFG 7800GS OC agp video

This would be a SWEET upgrade from what I have now if so.

Madpistol
05-19-07, 01:12 AM
Anyone think I could get away with getting a core 2 duo + decent to good board + 2 gig mem + 8800 pci-e vid card for around $500?

I wish it was...

$300 for 8800 GTS 320mb
$100 (at least) for memory
$130 (at least) for processor
~$100 for decent motherboard.

I'd set your budget around $630-$700 if you're going to take that upgrade path.

SlieTheSecond
05-19-07, 01:33 AM
I wish it was...

$300 for 8800 GTS 320mb
$100 (at least) for memory
$130 (at least) for processor
~$100 for decent motherboard.

I'd set your budget around $630-$700 if you're going to take that upgrade path.

Not to mention thats the bare minimum. If you invested a little more money. You would get more for your monies worth.
(easyrider)

easyrider
05-19-07, 01:58 AM
Not to mention thats the bare minimum. If you invested a little more money. You would get more for your monies worth.
(easyrider)

yeah :(.....sadly though, I'm limited, so I guess it's back to the waiting game again

Redeemed
05-19-07, 02:09 AM
yeah :(.....sadly though, I'm limited, so I guess it's back to the waiting game again

Hey, the waiting game isn't so bad. It's all in the strategy. You could just save up untill you have several grand- then splurge on a kick-can gaming rig. Or you could just save up untill you have enough to get a decent upgrade from what you have now. It all breaks down to what you can handle in regards to patience and finances.

Me, I saved up a long time to get the rig I have now. And guess what I'm doing currently? Yup- saving up for yet another rig. I'm shooting for a water cooled Phenom x4 this time, with two top of the line cards in SLi, 4GB DDR2 1333 RAM (or faster), 4x500GB HDDs RAID 0+1, etc. It'll be a rockin' setup... I know it will, but I just have to be patient. What I have now can easily handle any game out there now, and any game to be released before my new rig. Especially once I get this setup water cooled. I'm hoping for 3.2GHz from this Opty, and 600/2Ghz from each GTS as well. Would make for a screaming fast setup. ;)

It's all in how you look at it man. :D

Treason
05-19-07, 04:31 AM
The only reason why AGP still exists because some brilliant AMD marketer somehow convinced the bigwigs that there is a market for high end AGP video cards. Thus came the X1950 PRO AGP.

Thanks to that, some bonehead from nVidia also decided, hey oh noes we're going to lose 0.001% market share to AMD! So we have to create AGP video cards too!

AMD is at fault here. They're extenuating the holdback.

(pb) :argh: (pb)