PDA

View Full Version : PS3 coming this year!!!!

demonized
03-26-03, 09:39 AM
PS3 coming this year.
Quite early, dont you think?
http://quote.bloomberg.com/fgcgi.cgi?ptitle=Technology%20News&T=markets_box.ht&middle=ad_frame2_all&s=APmvUaBVqU29ueSB0

CurtMan
03-26-03, 09:48 AM
Me <------A little skeptical.....

sebazve
03-26-03, 02:33 PM
NO IT DOESNT, sony already said that was BS! in fact it was push to 2006 instead of 2005...

StealthHawk
03-26-03, 08:35 PM
first of all you're late :p http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=8514

second of all, I don't believe it, and I doubt many other people do.

third of all, when did Sony say this was fake?

fastguy94416
03-26-03, 09:19 PM
I really don't care? yeah thats it. Oh well, flame the crap out of me. Am I making sense right now? no. Well, spring break starts tomarrow can already feel grammber bad getting thinking not about speeeling

stncttr908
03-27-03, 12:23 PM
The PS2 has a LOT of life left and money to make for Sony. Why would it come this year?

sytaylor
03-27-03, 02:19 PM
Sactly, the reason the ps2 wasn't pushed out asap was because of its predecessor doing quite well... thus they had time to throw loads of extras in.

The ps3 won't be the most powerful machine by a longshot, the graphical gap between console generations is shrinking rapidly and the PC is consistanltly ahead.

On another note i wonder if online console gaming WILL ever actually take off? I mean in the uk theres about 1.5 million customers with broadband (expected 5 million by 2005), if you compare that to the near 30 million with phone lines.. it just doesn't add up.

Plus consoles were always about simplicity.

</rant>

DrFx
03-28-03, 12:30 PM
Right you are sytaylor..Pc will always be the very hotest and best ;)
And as Console's going online heheh not a chance that it's the future for console's , you are right again.
Console is and will always be about the instant gaming, pick up and play, by youself and with you'r friends, that's the beuty about it.!!
But I can't stand the ****ty grafix and so on with the console's ( Low res , bad textures and so on)
But it happen's that I try some plattformer on my chipped Ps2 but after a few seconds I really realyse why I am and will always be a Pc Gamer hehe
:D

Edge
03-28-03, 08:27 PM
Well console graphics are usually better then similar PC graphics for around a year or two after it released...usually. PS2 was based on obsolite technology when it was released (doesn't even support Bumpmapping?!?), so graphics were sub-par to say the least. Xbox and Gamecube were at least based on current technology, which even today still quite good (A Geforce 3 is certainly not a bad card).

And Xbox supposedly can support the Doom 3 engine with all details up fairly well, so I think it'll be about another year before Xbox graphics start to really look worse then PC games (especially since developers have to worry about people owning E-machines...). Gamecube is pretty good too, though a lack of vertex and pixel shaders does hurt it compaired to PC games (though there's only like 6 PC games that use them right now).

Though I think internet console gaming will be wide-spread eventually. Broadband is going to become a requirement, for both PC and console pretty soon (or at least games will be unplayable with 56k), and Xbox Live for example make game searching and such fairly simple and straightforward, so if consoles continue the trend then we could see a lot more online games in the next generation of consoles.

sytaylor
03-29-03, 11:34 AM
Originally posted by Edge
Broadband is going to become a requirement

Therin lies the problem, the difference is a pc gamer will have paid in the region of 800 for a top machine, wheras a console owner usually waits until the price is sub 200... so are they going to fork out the extra money for broadband juuust for their console?

Broadband will take off when mutimedia devices start to use it too

Edge
03-29-03, 04:05 PM
Well Broadband is finally getting to the masses. It's almost as cheap as dial-up in some areas (almost), and a lot of people get it just because it doesn't tie up the phone line. Actually, didn't Xbox Live sell like 100% more then Microsoft's expectations? At the very least PC games are becoming more and more difficult to play on 56k (anyone who says games like AvP2 and C&C Renegade is playable without Broadband is LYING!), and it's assumed most "hardcore" gamers have broadband anyway (except for people like me, who live out in the middle of nowhere...)

StealthHawk
03-29-03, 09:39 PM
Originally posted by Edge
Well Broadband is finally getting to the masses. It's almost as cheap as dial-up in some areas (almost), and a lot of people get it just because it doesn't tie up the phone line. Actually, didn't Xbox Live sell like 100% more then Microsoft's expectations? At the very least PC games are becoming more and more difficult to play on 56k (anyone who says games like AvP2 and C&C Renegade is playable without Broadband is LYING!), and it's assumed most "hardcore" gamers have broadband anyway (except for people like me, who live out in the middle of nowhere...)

huh? broadand is as cheap as dial-up? how much do you pay for dial-up? broadband has been the same price where I live since it first came out....in fact it might have gotten a few dollars more expensive! DSL is around $39/mo and cable is $45/mo.

Edge
03-30-03, 08:25 PM
Well, most people get AOL *Shudder*, which is $21.95 a month. Add to the fact that a lot of people actually get a second phone line with it, and that brings the total cost up to about $50. Even without the second phone line though, I've seen broadband in some areas get as low as $35, which isn't that far from AOL's cost. Though most people aren't smart enough to figure out you can get dial-up for around $10 in most places :rolleyes:

StealthHawk
03-30-03, 08:32 PM
last time I checked, AOL was actually $23.95/mo ;)

they increased the price to that a while ago.

Edge
03-30-03, 08:41 PM
last time I checked, AOL was actually $23.95/mo

Oh...wow. Can anyone say "rip-off"?