PDA

View Full Version : Why is Wii so popular??

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

buffbiff21
05-19-07, 10:16 PM
before you read on, know that I have absolutely zero company bias. I own systems and games from almost every era and every company.

But...

Looking at the top 50 GameFAQs games here, there are only two Wii games.

One is Zelda, which is a Gamecube game. The other is incredibly gay.

So, WTF? :headexplode:

Am I just missing something? Is there some sort of majestic power that the Wii has over people who own it? I know Metroid, normal Mario, and other games are coming out. But what the hell is everyone paying top dollar for (release date inflation), for a system that currently genuinely has no good games?

http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o148/buffbiff21/50.jpg

WeReWoLf
05-19-07, 10:25 PM
Because it's innovative, fun, cheap and a great party machine. A lot of people bought a Wii mainly for Wii Sports, so they and their friends can get together and bash it out in tennis, or go bowling, etc.

Clay
05-19-07, 10:27 PM
A lot of it has to do with the novelty factor. Whether or not that has lasting appeal remains to be seen. I've had my Wii for a couple of weeks now and I usually grow tired of novelty-type things pretty quickly...so far, that's not the case with the Wii. Also, I love the latest/greatest graphical improvements in games so the Wii is a weird fit for me...it really doesn't matter though because the games are just fun/different in a way that I can't say for other consoles. I've grabbed two VC games in Super Mario World (SNES) and Gunstar Heroes (Genesis). (And yes, MAME, I know, I know, but this is more convenient on the TV, kick back on bean bag, etc). It's really nice to have those always at your fingertips in the Wii menu although I will say those quickly get tiring to play but a blast in an hour or so bursts.

The web browsing feature is also much nicer than I'd thought. Granted, it doesn't beat traditional PC browsing but there's something to be said for very quickly firing up the Wii and checking email (not so much for replying of course), reading nV News, etc.

UPDATE: I second what WeReWoLf5900 said. My wife and I have a blast with Wii Sports and it's legitimately good exercise. I can't wait for Mario Party 8 to come out.

Bearclaw
05-19-07, 10:57 PM
I don't own one myself but when i am over at party or someone's house, it is fun to have that and play wii sports. It's a great party game machine.

Amuro
05-19-07, 11:34 PM
Just a question, is it really that hard to develop games for Wii?
So what of the smallest console in the current generation? “Wii is a very good piece of hardware. Many talented people from Nintendo make great ideas for game hardware, of course. Already I've been starting to think about Wii software, but it's very hard sometimes,” he said. “Players can't spend a long time on gameplay, so this can be tough. So I respect Nintendo's activities, but for software designers like us, it's very hard.”

http://www.dailytech.com/PlayStation+3+is+Too+Big+For+the+Japanese+says+Gam e+Designer/article7282.htm

nekrosoft13
05-20-07, 12:19 AM
Because it's innovative, fun, cheap and a great party machine. A lot of people bought a Wii mainly for Wii Sports, so they and their friends can get together and bash it out in tennis, or go bowling, etc.

bingo, first console in very long time that its fun, and does excactly what console should be doing.

Sazar
05-20-07, 12:19 AM
What the **** is Maplestory and how the heck is diablo II still on that chart :eek:

Madpistol
05-20-07, 12:35 AM
Wow... Ocarina of Time and FFVII are still on there... :eek:

Nintendo hit a home run during this generation of consoles. For Price to "fun" factor, the WII is a winner hands down (and the Nintendo DS is not far behind)

Nintendo really is on to something here. They're thinking outside the box rather than trying to perfect technology. Nintendo is being innovative, and it's really paying off.

kevJ420
05-20-07, 01:24 AM
Just a question, is it really that hard to develop games for Wii?

http://www.dailytech.com/PlayStation+3+is+Too+Big+For+the+Japanese+says+Gam e+Designer/article7282.htm

Yes.

The Gamecube was hard to develop for, so the wii is.

I have to admit one advantage microsoft has had both generations is the ease of programming.

As far as I know, the x360 is the only console id will have directly developed for since the Atari J/Faguar in nineteen ninety-****in'-four.

Could be wrong about that, but who the hell knows.

kevJ420
05-20-07, 01:28 AM
before you read on, know that I have absolutely zero company bias. I own systems and games from almost every era and every company.

But...

Looking at the top 50 GameFAQs games here, there are only two Wii games.

One is Zelda, which is a Gamecube game. The other is incredibly gay.

So, WTF? :headexplode:

Am I just missing something? Is there some sort of majestic power that the Wii has over people who own it? I know Metroid, normal Mario, and other games are coming out. But what the hell is everyone paying top dollar for (release date inflation), for a system that currently genuinely has no good games?
http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o148/buffbiff21/50.jpg

you are a complete and total ****ing genius=)

buffbiff21
05-20-07, 01:32 AM
bingo, first console in very long time that its fun, and does excactly what console should be doing.

this is where im perplexed. how can a console be fun?

its the game that youre playing.

and the wii has no good games.

NaitoSan
05-20-07, 06:07 AM
Wii has gotten us to jump out and play... surprisely it's been really fun like old times. I never actually had this so much fun since SNES. I miss it already. :(

Well, when I was with my ex-fiancee, we got Wii on day one and been playing non-stop and it's been a blast. It's rare for both of us, I tell you. Since we broke up and Wii actually belong to her so I only have PS3 and X360. Not that they're not fun but I miss getting out and work out or move around while playing games on Wii.

The reason why Wii is so popular are:

-Price
-Backward compatiblity (Gamecube)
-Large library (SNES, NES, Genesis, etc.)
-Wii-emote
-Small, sleek console
-Because it's Nintendo :D
-Web browser
-Mii (you just can't resist those cute mii people)
-DVD player (sometime in the future)

Soon I'll buy Wii. I can't wait to see what Nintendo comes up in next 4 or 5 years, especially for HD gaming.

Also I don't depend on GameFAQ alone for fact unless you gather from more than 3 sources.

Sabadin
05-20-07, 12:57 PM
you are a complete and total ****ing genius=)

So tell me then, what does that say about the PS3 when the only game that even makes the list is a mutli-platform movie cash in?

S.I.N
05-20-07, 03:02 PM
I have to give the Wii props because I have seen it first hand convert "non-gamers". My nephew got one for Christmas and his parents have never played video games before but they actually played and still play Wii sports because they bowl and love baseball.

Also my nephew came to visit my mother (his grandmother) and brought over his Wii. When I went to see how he was doing, to my surprise there he was in the living room playing Wii sports with my mother and younger brother. My mother is one of those people that cant even change the TV station without help but the Wii didn't intimidate her and she played with them. Growing up, me and my other brother played games all through the 80's and 90's and she never even blinked at the screen yet she played the Wii. She was so impressed she told my younger brother if he saves up half she would buy the Wii for them. Cheesy story but true.

I played it myself and I must admit baseball was a blast especially on the giant screen TV they were playing on. That said I think Nintendo is trying to hold back the industry and I don't think the Wii is as innovative as some say. Its just different but in a good way. The way I see it is you get either a PS3 or 360 for your hardcore gaming needs and Wii for simple, time waster, pick up and play games.

buffbiff21
05-20-07, 03:19 PM
Good point SIN.. I think it has converted non gamers.

But it doesn't really apply to the regular audience.. Like take me for example. I'm not exactly a hardcore gamer. I;m more old school. So, Nintendo tries to appeal to me by releasing the Virtual Console thingey. (which to me is useless because I actually own the older systems and games ) They're not getting the newer games in the older series anymore (Square, Capcom, Konami).. that I liked.

Of course maybe I;m just old school and thatll never change. :afro:

So tell me then, what does that say about the PS3 when the only game that even makes the list is a mutli-platform movie cash in?
Don't get me started with PS3. THere is only one game on the other list.. and only one on this list: (click "top 50" instead of 10)
http://www.gamerankings.com/itemrankings/simpleratings.asp

I never actually had this so much fun since SNES.

Well, I don't think I will ever have as much fun as SNES era :afro2:

Also I don't depend on GameFAQ alone for fact unless you gather from more than 3 sources.
here's #2 (no clue where to look for a 3rd source): click top 50 instead of top 10 (except here there is only ONE Wii game!)

kevJ420
05-20-07, 03:34 PM
Good point SIN.. I think it has converted non gamers.

But it doesn't really apply to the regular audience.. Like take me for example. I'm not exactly a hardcore gamer. I;m more old school. So, Nintendo tries to appeal to me by releasing the Virtual Console thingey. (which to me is useless because I actually own the older systems and games ) They're not getting the newer games in the older series anymore (Square, Capcom, Konami).. that I liked.
Of course maybe I;m just old school and thatll never change. :afro:

Don't get me started with PS3. THere is only one game on the other list.. and only one on this list: (click "top 50" instead of 10)

Well, I don't think I will ever have as much fun as SNES era :afro2:

here's #2 (no clue where to look for a 3rd source): click top 50 instead of top 10 (except here there is only ONE Wii game!)

I wish more people realised that.

they put the worst version of final fight 1 on there, when they could have put 3 on there which would be new to a lot more people and also more fun to a lot more people.

I mean, you can get like just about every game on the virtual console on a recent compilation for other consoles, or on the PC.

If you buy (3) $8 capcom classics for super nes, then you've spent $24, and you likely could've gotten them for $19.99, w/ bonus content.

All Nintendo has done with the wii is gone for the lowest common denominator at every single mother-****in, titty-suckin' pinball bitch ass turn, and it pisses me off that so many people fall for it.

The Wii will never have CD games, b/c it's a piece of stinkin' **** w/ only 512 MB of flash memory.

The games they're releasing have not too long ago been on the game boy advance as well.

Then, for example they could've used the Japanese version of Castlevania 4, but as usual, nintendo goes for the most censored or stripped down version you can find, and will never fix mistakes they made in the past that so many people have complained about.

They're holding the good games like Super Metroid (if the Wii can even handle it) for when they know they're going to get their asses beaten by Sony.

Buffbiff, you're not only a true old school gamer, you're also a hardcore gamer, and also genius.

thor1182
05-20-07, 04:49 PM
never say never when you don't know what they could do. It is very feasible to change it so it could address a USB device.

NaitoSan
05-20-07, 05:33 PM
Those sources are based on rating by reviews. This source actually tells why Wii is so popular.

The top 20 overall best-selling games of April 2007:

1. Super Paper Mario (Wii) Nintendo
2. Wii Play w/ Remote (Wii) Nintendo
3. Guitar Hero 2 w/ Guitar (Xbox 360) Red Ocatane/Activision
4. Guitar Hero 2 w/ guitar (PS2) Red Octane/Activision
5. Spider-Man 3 (Xbox 360) Activision
6. Spider-Man 3 (PS2) Activision
7. God of War II (PS2) Sony
8. MLB '07: The Show (PS2) Sony
9. Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (Wii) Nintendo
10. Major League Baseball 2K7 (Xbox 360) 2K Games
11. Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter 2 (Xbox 360) Ubisoft
12. God of War (PS2) Sony
13. Tiger Woods PGA Tour 07 (Wii) Electronic Arts
14. Gears of War (Xbox 360) Epic
15. F.E.A.R. (PS3) Vivendi
16. Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories (PS2) Rockstar
17. TMNT (PS2) Ubisoft
18. Major League Baseball 2K7 (PS2) 2K Games
19. Wario Ware: Smooth Moves (Wii) Nintendo
20. Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Vegas (Xbox 360) Ubisoft

Source: http://wii.ign.com/articles/789/789854p1.html

Wii titles has been high on top charts since launch of Wii.

kevJ420, you should realize what you just said.

Sony put some worse games on PSN, Microsoft put some worse games on LIVE. Nothing new. Nintendo has all VC titles scheluded and it'll be stupid to release ALL best titles on day one (business wise) and have nothing to release in the future. VC is very nice for me because I don't have space for more consoles or bulk games. Nothing is easier than boot Wii up and play Zelda 3. So prices for VC games are fine for me. And they release based on region/country so in Japan they get Japanese Final Fight with Guy, and so on... so if you don't like it then DON'T buy it.

BTW Super Metriod can run on Wii just fine than your own brain.

CD games are possible on Wii... like for example, Castlevania: SOTN for XBLA, it's like less than 90mb and it's a CD game. It's because today we have good compression software, etc. That's why we might be able to see Saturn, SegaCD or maybe Dreamcast titles in the future (I hope we'd get NiGHT...).

LycosV
05-20-07, 05:46 PM
The Wii is different kind of console, that's why it's popular. But I think that the Wii is a short lived fad. Look at DDR and Guitar Hero. Both are fun to play with your friends, but eventually the novelty wears off and you just want to sit down and play some real game. The Wii is riding high on sales now, but I think as more people get them the draw will decrease. I encourage out of the box thinking like the Wii, but I don't think that the Wii is the next step in gaming evolution.

kevJ420
05-20-07, 06:13 PM
Those sources are based on rating by reviews. This source actually tells why Wii is so popular.

The top 20 overall best-selling games of April 2007:

1. Super Paper Mario (Wii) Nintendo
2. Wii Play w/ Remote (Wii) Nintendo
3. Guitar Hero 2 w/ Guitar (Xbox 360) Red Ocatane/Activision
4. Guitar Hero 2 w/ guitar (PS2) Red Octane/Activision
5. Spider-Man 3 (Xbox 360) Activision
6. Spider-Man 3 (PS2) Activision
7. God of War II (PS2) Sony
8. MLB '07: The Show (PS2) Sony
9. Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (Wii) Nintendo
10. Major League Baseball 2K7 (Xbox 360) 2K Games
11. Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter 2 (Xbox 360) Ubisoft
12. God of War (PS2) Sony
13. Tiger Woods PGA Tour 07 (Wii) Electronic Arts
14. Gears of War (Xbox 360) Epic
15. F.E.A.R. (PS3) Vivendi
16. Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories (PS2) Rockstar
17. TMNT (PS2) Ubisoft
18. Major League Baseball 2K7 (PS2) 2K Games
19. Wario Ware: Smooth Moves (Wii) Nintendo
20. Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Vegas (Xbox 360) Ubisoft

Source: http://wii.ign.com/articles/789/789854p1.html

Wii titles has been high on top charts since launch of Wii.

kevJ420, you should realize what you just said.

Sony put some worse games on PSN, Microsoft put some worse games on LIVE. Nothing new. Nintendo has all VC titles scheluded and it'll be stupid to release ALL best titles on day one (business wise) and have nothing to release in the future. VC is very nice for me because I don't have space for more consoles or bulk games. Nothing is easier than boot Wii up and play Zelda 3. So prices for VC games are fine for me. And they release based on region/country so in Japan they get Japanese Final Fight with Guy, and so on... so if you don't like it then DON'T buy it.

BTW Super Metriod can run on Wii just fine than your own brain.

CD games are possible on Wii... like for example, Castlevania: SOTN for XBLA, it's like less than 90mb and it's a CD game. It's because today we have good compression software, etc. That's why we might be able to see Saturn, SegaCD or maybe Dreamcast titles in the future (I hope we'd get NiGHT...).

Think about the problems due to compression in the XBLA release of SOTN. It was 98MB.

They should've made it uncompressed.

The 3D Analog Control pad is really needed for nights, so it won't be quite the same on any other systems controller.

Even though they shouldn't release all titles on one day, think about how few games vc has so far. It looks like desparation to me.

Finally, I was so pissed when Dark Ressurection hit the PSP. An arcade game of that magnitude doesn't belong on the PSP. Sony then decided to release it on PSN, putting my anger to rest, unlike nintendo, who always goes for the lowest common denominator. Plus wasn't it free?

PSN is going to have way more than the VC will ever have.

Sony makes better decisions, although not necessarily smarter, b/c Nintendo make smart decisions b/c a lot of people are dumb enough to fall it.

Nintendo takes advantage of people and they always have.

I hope that they won't be around a whole hell of a lot longer, but in this world the unjust survive, so Sony's going to go out of business, when they were just trying to offer everyone a good deal.

I bet if people had a time bomb go off in their wii, secretly placed by nintendo, they'd leave their house immediately to go buy another, speeding and running red lights back and forth.

Or maybe foxconn would've placed it b/c they were mad that nintendo was taking advantage of them. I wouldn't blame Foxconn if they did.

Notice why Sony used Asus and Nintendo used Foxconn?

B/c they make less at foxconn and have poor working conditions, so Nintendo used them so they could take advantage of them.[1]

Add to the fact that Nintendo is making a large profit off of hw directly, while sony is not.

[1] It is fact that apple investigated the issues at foxconn, so please try to refrain (anyone) from being argumentative about that.

kevJ420
05-20-07, 06:20 PM
The Wii is different kind of console, that's why it's popular. But I think that the Wii is a short lived fad. Look at DDR and Guitar Hero. Both are fun to play with your friends, but eventually the novelty wears off and you just want to sit down and play some real game. The Wii is riding high on sales now, but I think as more people get them the draw will decrease. I encourage out of the box thinking like the Wii, but I don't think that the Wii is the next step in gaming evolution.

You know it's not. I agree. That was a pretty damn good analogy about guitar and ddr.

You're a genius.

The piece of **** wii isn't a gaming console that you sit down for hours with playing and enjoying a long adventure game.

I think physics is the next step in gaming evolution, personally, not some piece of **** remote, which really isn't even all that innovative anyway.

There were motionsensing controllers back in 1998, before that probably.

I personally thought the arcade idea for light gun games was a better and more innovative invention than the piece of **** wii-mote.

H3avyM3tal
05-20-07, 06:25 PM
I would think that the most important reason is because the Wii is cheap.
So why not get a "next-gen" console for cheap?

Zelda make this even more true.
Why buy a new console to play the game that is the same on the Cube?
2nd reason is because the new controller is, err, new.

And I honestly think it wont live long once the big games of MS and Sony start showing.

Thats my opinion anyway.

NaitoSan
05-20-07, 07:00 PM
Think about the problems due to compression in the XBLA release of SOTN. It was 98MB.

They should've made it uncompressed.
You didn't state why it should be uncompressed?

The 3D Analog Control pad is really needed for nights, so it won't be quite the same on any other systems controller.
You forgot Gamecube controller and Wii Classic controller.

Even though they shouldn't release all titles on one day, think about how few games vc has so far. It looks like desparation to me.
Desparation? Maybe Sony is right now. Nintendo is in comfortable position with sale of Wii and DS.

Finally, I was so pissed when Dark Ressurection hit the PSP. An arcade game of that magnitude doesn't belong on the PSP. Sony then decided to release it on PSN, putting my anger to rest, unlike nintendo, who always goes for the lowest common denominator. Plus wasn't it free?
Dark Ressurection is $20 on PSN.

PSN is going to have way more than the VC will ever have.
Oh really? XBLA is laughing at PSN due to lack of contents. Nintendo has many plans ahead and library of VC is growing if you actually check what VC offers right now.

Sony makes better decisions, although not necessarily smarter, b/c Nintendo make smart decisions b/c a lot of people are dumb enough to fall it.
Sony has made a lot of bad decisions actually, not just they're dumb but they're trying to push PS3 forward, basically forcing us to get it for high price.

Nintendo takes advantage of people and they always have.
Sony is.

I hope that they won't be around a whole hell of a lot longer, but in this world the unjust survive, so Sony's going to go out of business, when they were just trying to offer everyone a good deal.
Either one is going out of business. Asking $500-600 for a PS3 with no HDMI but ****ty composite cable means a good deal? I think Wii's $249 with Wii Sport IS a damn good deal.

I bet if people had a time bomb go off in their wii, secretly placed by nintendo, they'd leave their house immediately to go buy another, speeding and running red lights back and forth.

Or maybe foxconn would've placed it b/c they were mad that nintendo was taking advantage of them. I wouldn't blame Foxconn if they did.

Notice why Sony used Asus and Nintendo used Foxconn?

B/c they make less at foxconn and have poor working conditions, so Nintendo used them so they could take advantage of them.[1]

Add to the fact that Nintendo is making a large profit off of hw directly, while sony is not.

[1] It is fact that apple investigated the issues at foxconn, so please try to refrain (anyone) from being argumentative about that.
WTF that doesn't make sense at all. Sony uses cheap stuff and sell for high price, did you even think about that?

Are you so pissed at Nintendo because they won't give you free Wii? :P

I'm praising Nintendo for innovation and it'll set a new step in gaming just like analog stick and rumble feature. Next-gen Wii will add HD, improved Wii-emote, etc. Oohh I'm looking forward to that and imagine we'd be playing Zelda or F-Zero in 1920x1080p... or next Metriod game. :D

Damn, I need to get Wii soon.

kevJ420
05-20-07, 07:06 PM
I would think that the most important reason is because the Wii is cheap.
So why not get a "next-gen" console for cheap?

Zelda make this even more true.
Why buy a new console to play the game that is the same on the Cube?
2nd reason is because the new controller is, err, new.

And I honestly think it wont live long once the big games of MS and Sony start showing.

Thats my opinion anyway.

You're a genius.

People who say the PS3 will lose, act like it's the end of this current generation.

Once the PS3 drops in price and when sony gets things going, the wii is going to have very little support from 3rd parties and it will hopefully be Nintendo's last console in a good world, and in a great world, it will be the last console and portable, by Nintendo.

Sony is going to work their asses off like they've already started doing, and the Wii's going to have a lot of "innovative" but ****ty games that no one will want to play and Nintendo will lose again like a bunch of dumbasses.

Think about it:

You won't see DMC4 on the wii
You won't see a traditional ff game on the wii
you really won't see any square games on the wii at all that are going to be any good.
I'm pretty sure no Castlevania's will be on the wii.
There won't be many mature, older demographic games, on the wii, which was partially how Nintendo previously lost market share.
the games graphics and audio won't be any good.
Silicon Knights, Rare, and Factor 5 have all left nintendo. They make a large number of good games.
Metroid is never going to be the same.
RE5 won't be on the wii.
A lot of new franchises will likely go to the PS3 due to the fact that the developers can do more.
id doesn't want to develop for the wii.
EA DOES want to develop for the wii.
the wii has absolutely very little power to do advanced physics.
There won't ever be a Mario game that's referred to as the best game ever.
3d realms doesn't like the wii, apparently.
You won't see stranglehold on the wii.
Capcom, so far, hasn't expressed much interest in bringing 2D games (especially fighting games to the wii.)
You won't see good sega arcade games on the wii.
No MGS 4 on the wii.
Splinter cell would be pretty unlikely, since each game goes up in graphics.
A lot of good games will be using Epic's new engine. Those games can't go to the wii.

kevJ420
05-20-07, 07:26 PM
You didn't state why it should be uncompressed?

You forgot Gamecube controller and Wii Classic controller.
Desparation? Maybe Sony is right now. Nintendo is in comfortable position with sale of Wii and DS.

Dark Ressurection is $19 on PSN.

Oh really? XBLA is laughing at PSN due to lack of contents. Nintendo has many plans ahead and library of VC is growing if you actually check what VC offers right now.

Sony has made a lot of bad decisions actually, not just they're dumb but they're trying to push PS3 forward, basically forcing us to get it for high price.

Sony is.

Either one is going out of business. Asking $500-600 for a PS3 with no HDMI but ****ty composite cable means a good deal? I think Wii's $249 with Wii Sport IS a damn good deal.

WTF that doesn't make sense at all. Sony uses cheap stuff and sell for high price, did you even think about that?
Are you so pissed at Nintendo because they won't give you free Wii? :P

I'm praising Nintendo for innovation and it'll set a new step in gaming just like analog stick and rumble feature. Next-gen Wii will add HD, improved Wii-emote, etc. Oohh I'm looking forward to that and imagine we'd be playing Zelda or F-Zero in 1920x1080p... or next Metriod game. :D
Damn, I need to get Wii soon.

Missing FMV cut scenes, some sounds were of reduced quality.

The Saturn's controller made for nights is totally different than any other controller, it's analog part was unique.

Sony doesn't use cheap **** at all. Nintendo was the ones that used bands that caused injuries, or at least snapped. They use graphics hw designed c. 99. They use a DVD drive. Foxconn's labor is cheaper than Asus's. Sony made sure that the blue diodes were 100%. Which were far more expensive than an outdated DVD drive. Yet Nintendo is the one selling for more than it costed to make it, while Sony is losing $100s.

I don't know how something that costs no more than $170 to make and sells for $250 isn't cheaper than something that costs at least $700 to make and probably more at first.

Hells ****in' no, I don't want a wii. If I'm constantly giving out facts about the wii and saying how much I hate it (probably at least 40 reasons,) then why would I want one? I could easily buy one if I wanted one (at least in terms of money), but the games, wii-mote, and tech (includes about a million subdivisions) suck so bad, along with the fact that I don't want Nintendo to rip me (or anyone else) off, so I'll never get one.